NY - 13 people killed, 4 injured in shooting at immigration center, 3 April 2009

WICZ Binghamton Reporter on Fox News: Officer Brocko (unsure of spelling) says 15 people are dead and people are still inside the building.

Binghampton hospitals are reportedly calling in extra ER personnel to report to work.

Report: Law Enforcement is inside the building doing a sweep currently.

University says that they can confirm law enforcement did call and ask for several translators to come in. They will not confirm that those translators were Vietnamese translators.

Governor Patterson will be on location for the press conference.

Now reporting the press conference will be at 4:30pm eastern time.

Report: All vehicles have been released from the scene except for two fire ambulances.

MSNBC reports gunmans car blocked back entrance. Death toll could go higher. Possible 15 dead and 26 more wounded.

Discussing uptake in mass shootings...Clint Van Zandt says it's so.....

Governor Patterson confirms "12 or 13" are dead.

Federal Law Enforcement officer confirms a shooter has been found dead in the building.

Per CVZ...Not sure you can link mass shootings to economy, but there is an upswing.

FWIW, I did a rough calculation a few days ago, just based on the crimes in the news section....and I counted something like 47 dead in mass shootings (3 or more) in the past month.

Per CVZ people are using this method as a conflict resolution. Scary details coming out of these cases...execution style, etc.

This shooter appeared to have blocked of the back entrance and came through the front.

ABC is reporting the gunman killed himself and the standoff is over.

The two Asian men arrested are not suspects

Authorities now know who this man is. He's from upstate NY, 42 years old.

Jiverly Vaoong is the prelim name of suspect.

Binghamton is my hometown. I have numerous relatives still living there. I have not been able to reach any of them. To my knowledge, none of them work there at the Center, however, there are several relatives who work at the various hospitals in the emergency rooms. If I can find out any information, I will pass it on here.

Binghamton is my hometown. I have numerous relatives still living there. I have not been able to reach any of them. To my knowledge, none of them work there at the Center, however, there are several relatives who work at the various hospitals in the emergency rooms. If I can find out any information, I will pass it on here.

Cleo- I hope and pray your family is alright! Please keep us posted.

Confirmed: Shooter is 41 year old Jiverly Voong from Johnson City New York. Wore a bright green jacket and dark-rimmed glasses.

Report from ABC News: Jiverly Voong was found on the first floor of the center with a hunting knife jabbed in his waistband but that he died from a gunshot wound.

Hospital worker from Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital: They have one victim there with non-life threatening injuries. Expecting more victims. The hospital is fully staffed and waiting.

Still trying to pinpoint a motive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back