NY - $250m fraud against Former President Donald Trump, Trump Org., Eric, Donald Jr., Sept 2022, Trial 2 Oct 2023, #2

From Erica Orden on Twitter/X:

Judge, interrupting Trump: "No, no, no. We’re not going to hear about the disclaimer clause. If you want to hear about the disclaimer clause, read my opinion again, or for the first time. perhaps.Trump: "You’re wrong in your opinion."

heDEpOhW_mini.jpg

erica orden

@eorden
·
9m
Trump just yelled at the judge for a several minute stretch. The judge has his brow furrowed, but otherwise didn't react.

ALSO

Trump, to judge: "It’s a terrible thing you’ve done. You know nothing about me, you believe that political hack back there," he said, referring to James, "and that’s unfortunate."

Me: Lord have mercy.

As Trump was asked questions about additional properties, the former president said he is worth billions of dollars more than Attorney General Letitia James has said.

People don't recognize the strength of the company he built because James's office is trying to "demean" and "hurt" him," Trump claimed.

“I think she is a political hack,” he said about the attorney general.

He repeated a common refrain of his online, calling the trial a political witch hunt and saying James should be ashamed of herself.
Trump defiantly asserts his wealth, calls James a 'hack'

snipped

I totally agree with this assessment. He was elected, imo, because a sizable segment of people thought he was cool on The Apprentice, not understanding he played a character for their entertainment.

jmo
My dad never watched The Apprentice, but he did vote for him because "He tells it like it is". What "it" is has been something we argued about until late last year, when I decided that it was better for my mental health not to engage in politics with him lol.

Losing his composure, Trump then focused his ire on the judge, saying Engoron ruled against him before knowing anything about his company.

Trump said the judge called him a "fraud," raising his voice and pointing his right hand at the judge while looking straight ahead at the courtroom. He then said any fraud was on the part of the judge for his comments on the value of Trump's properties, not on Trump, calling it "a terrible thing."

Engoron just looked forward, sour-faced.

"Done?" Wallace asked when Trump ended his rant.

“Done,” the former president said.
Real estate valuations aren't a science, defense says

what does a 77 year old toddler throwing a public tantrum look like? Trump on the stand. He has never in his whole life faced a negative consequence for his actions. He literally cannot process a situation in which he is wrong.

When state attorney Kevin Wallace asked Trump if he disagreed with the attorney general's assessment of the value of some of the Trump Organization's properties, Trump fired back.

"I think it's fraudulent," Trump said. "The fraud is on the court, not on me."

Looking at Wallace but motioning toward Judge Engoron, Trump said of the judge, "You ruled against me before you knew anything about me ... he called me a fraud and he didn't know anything about me."
Trump fraud trial live updates: Trump acknowledges adjusting 2 overvaluations

Per Klasfeld on X:
Trump: "Anybody sees something going wrong, come see me about it directly." Asked if anyone did that, Trump responds in the affirmative, and the AG's counsel asks for an example. Trump responds to with a broad generality.

So he just admitted that the buck stopped with him.
He's toast. His ego just sunk him.
IMO.

Losing his composure, Trump then focused his ire on the judge, saying Engoron ruled against him before knowing anything about his company.

Trump said the judge called him a "fraud," raising his voice and pointing his right hand at the judge while looking straight ahead at the courtroom. He then said any fraud was on the part of the judge for his comments on the value of Trump's properties, not on Trump, calling it "a terrible thing."

Engoron just looked forward, sour-faced.

"Done?" Wallace asked when Trump ended his rant.

“Done,” the former president said.
Real estate valuations aren't a science, defense says
HOW IN THE WORLD IS THIS NOT AN UNCOOPERATIVE WITNESS IN CONTEMPT OF COURT?!

what does a 77 year old toddler throwing a public tantrum look like? Trump on the stand. He has never in his whole life faced a negative consequence for his actions. He literally cannot process a situation in which he is wrong.
He is indeed throwing a tantrum. No self-control. Easily triggered. Lashes out when questioned.

jmo

OAN, I'm glad that court is closed tomorrow. If I were part of the court staff, I would probably have a bigly hangover after dealing with this mess of a witness.
JMO

When state attorney Kevin Wallace asked Trump if he disagreed with the attorney general's assessment of the value of some of the Trump Organization's properties, Trump fired back.

"I think it's fraudulent," Trump said. "The fraud is on the court, not on me."

Looking at Wallace but motioning toward Judge Engoron, Trump said of the judge, "You ruled against me before you knew anything about me ... he called me a fraud and he didn't know anything about me."
Trump fraud trial live updates: Trump acknowledges adjusting 2 overvaluations
Oh, he had probably heard about him! ;) IMO!

Donald Trump acknowledged during direct examination that he overvalued at least two properties in his statements of financial condition, though he broadly represented that the statements underestimated his total net worth.

"Did you ever think that the values were off in your statement of financial condition?" state attorney Kevin Wallace asked about the document at the center of the case, which the New York attorney general has alleged contained fraudulent valuations.

"Yes, on occasion. Both high and low," Trump said, appearing to surprise Wallace, who paused to allow Trump to continue his answer.

Compared to his sons, who largely testified that they deferred to accountants and lawyers, Trump portrayed himself as an experienced businessman who "was certainly more expert than anybody else" when it came to the value of his own properties.

Asked about properties like 40 Wall Street and a retail space near Trump Tower, the former president confidently used real estate shorthand to explain why he thought certain properties were undervalued. He also repeated that his brand value -- which was not included in his financial statement -- is worth billions.

"The most valuable asset was the brand value," Trump said. "I became president because of my brand."

Trump fraud trial live updates: 'This is not a political rally,' judge warns

I need that puke emoticon back, pronto
Because of his brand???? Baloney!

Trump became President in 2016 because many Democrats--including me--refused to vote for Hillary for many reasons. She still won the popular vote but votes like mine meant Trump got more electoral votes.

JMO

Minutes ago, Trump pulled a paper out of his pocket, saying he wanted to read it. But the attorney general's lawyer pivoted to another question, and Trump rested the document to his right on the witness stand.

Trump then interrupted the lawyer, saying he just wanted to read the document, and turned to the judge for an answer.

Engoron told him no.

“I am shocked,” Trump said.

It's unclear what the document is.
Trump interrupts questioning to read from a document he pulled from his pocket

As Trump was asked questions about additional properties, the former president said he is worth billions of dollars more than Attorney General Letitia James has said.

People don't recognize the strength of the company he built because James's office is trying to "demean" and "hurt" him," Trump claimed.

“I think she is a political hack,” he said about the attorney general.

He repeated a common refrain of his online, calling the trial a political witch hunt and saying James should be ashamed of herself.
Trump defiantly asserts his wealth, calls James a 'hack'
He says he is worth more than what NY AG James thinks he is worth. I'm curious if his annual income is reported accurately to the IRS each year? But, that's for another thread, perhaps, in the future.

jmo

My dad never watched The Apprentice, but he did vote for him because "He tells it like it is". What "it" is has been something we argued about until late last year, when I decided that it was better for my mental health not to engage in politics with him lol.
I hear ya, but I do suspect he ran for president for the ego, to increase ratings for his fake-reality TV show, for attention, to boost his brand. I do not for one second think he ran for president because he wanted to serve our nation. In the end, imo, it was his brand he was campaigning for.

jmo

I hear ya, but I do suspect he ran for president for the ego, to increase ratings for his fake-reality TV show, for attention, to boost his brand. I do not for one second think he ran for president because he wanted to serve our nation. In the end, imo, it was his brand he was campaigning for.

jmo
I honestly think when he began his run he never imagined actually winning. It was simply supposed to increase his brand recognition. I don't know that anybody was more surprised than he when he won. JMO

After tamping down on Trump at the start of the day, Judge Engoron has largely been granting him space to engage in the kind of provocative language he often uses on social media.

But at one point, when Trump pulled out a piece of paper about a disclaimer and said it vindicates him, Engoron stepped in.
[snip]
"No, no, no, we are not going to hear about the disclaimer clause," Engoron responded when Trump pulled out the paper.
'We are not going to hear about the disclaimer cause,' says judge

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandraca