NY - 8 Die in Crash on Taconic State Parkway #3

"Clearing" thru a Lawyer?
I wonder if Jackie had to clear thru a lawyer what could be published ??????
@hot cawfeee
In reading ^post I thought about why authors/publishers conduct pre-publication "legal reviews," and preventing plagarism & copyright violation came to mind. Another reason for "legal reviews" is detecting defamation of character, which is what my earlier post addressed and why I doubted the book defamed Diane's character.

@hot cawfeee If your question was about something else, & I misconstrued it, my apologies for any confusion. If your post meant a different kind of "clearing thru a lawyer" perhaps you could explain your question a bit further. TiA.

No worries Friend !!! I was thinking that in light of how litigious this case was ( am sure still is !!!) if anything written could be used by Danny, the Longo, family, Balducci family or any plaintiff. If Jackie "spilled the beans" on something that was to be kept secret from the public...or as they say "not for public knowledge"

I really wish that Jackie Hance had been as forthcoming as I believe she could have been, in her book. She got to the point where she said she loved and forgave Diane, but I don’t think she did, really. I don’t know if it’s true, but I recently heard that Jackie and Warren are now separated, which isn’t surprising, considering the loss that they have endured. Early on, after the accident, I was thinking that somewhere in Jackie’s mind, she must be partially blaming Warren, as well as Diane, for the loss of their children. When I read Jackie’s book, I got the sense that Jackie didn’t treat Warren like he was enduring the same loss that she was-she was withholding herself from him, and making him jump through (buying her a convertible Volvo) hoops to get her affection back, but she wasn’t there for him, it seemed. I don’t know, maybe this is just how her grief worked. It just felt, to me, like she partially blamed him. Maybe he encouraged Jackie to let the girls go, maybe he reassured her that Diane’s (assumed) drinking problem didn’t extend to driving.

Now there's questions that I have always had : What did Diane say to her brother? and Just what did her niece (Emma I think ) say to her Dad ???? What about her co-workers ? No one ever came forward from Cablevision and thats a big company...someone would talk for $$$ and/or to get a few seconds of fame.

I would be willing to bet that Cablevision made it clear that no employees were going to involve themselves in speaking about Diane, or they would be ex-employees. Nobody was going to pay one of them enough to speak about Diane, and if you have a good job, would you give it up? Besides, what would a co-worker really know about her drinking and pot smoking habits? Diane didn’t have time to go out drinking with them, regardless of what someone told the NY Post. They MIGHT know something about her relationship with Danny, but there isn’t any way to substantiate a conversation someone had with another person who is now dead.

I would like to know what she was like to work with...I had a former manager who was a gaslighting . Her marriage was terrible and she took her anger out on her subordinates. She had a very passive-aggressive trick: when her husband was due for his daily phone call, she would grab a folder and walk out 5 minutes prior to his usual time. It forced one of us to pick up her phone and deal with him. He expected us to walk around the building and track her down.

I would like to know what she was like to work with...I had a former manager who was a gaslighting *****. Her marriage was terrible and she took her anger out on her subordinates. She had a very passive-aggressive trick: when her husband was due for his daily phone call, she would grab a folder and walk out 5 minutes prior to his usual time. It forced one of us to pick up her phone and deal with him. He expected us to walk around the building and track her down.

Sounds like they were both jerks!

Jmoose...they deserved each other !!!! According to facebook they are still married....lol...misery loves company !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back