NY NY - Audrey Nerenberg, 18, Brooklyn, 15 July 1977

It is with great sadness that I must announce someone who is truly mean is trying to victimize this family, once again. Someone is using Audrey's name and attaching a virus. See the url for what I mean...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/HelpForTheMissing/Audrey-VirusScammers.jpg

Milton and his family and his webmaster never send any attachments without telling folks.

The same goes for me. If you get a mail like this and are not sure, ask the person you think may have sent it for verification.

I do not send attachments as a rule, so please do not open such mails if they have my info. on them, as it is NOT from me.

And to the person who is using Audrey's name, May God have mercy on your soul. Shame on you!!

With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Lanie,

I don't think this is a personal attack on Audrey's family. Many viruses spread by going through an individuals address book. So if their e-mail address is in an infected computer, the virus sends itself out attached to all those addresses. I know, as it has happened to me. Unfortunately, some people have to much time on their hands and use their time unwisely.

Pugsley

pugsley said:
Lanie,

I don't think this is a personal attack on Audrey's family. Many viruses spread by going through an individuals address book. So if their e-mail address is in an infected computer, the virus sends itself out attached to all those addresses. I know, as it has happened to me. Unfortunately, some people have to much time on their hands and use their time unwisely.

Pugsley

Thanks for your reply.

This is a personal attack, and should not be taken lightly, as someone has used a missing womans name to spread a virus.

I know how it is done, pugsley, but not through anyones address book, it is very easy to change your information on your e-mail account to reflect anything you want and send a virus. This e-mail did not come from childwatch.org

I am used to this, I get e-mail with my own information all the time, with viruses attached. I didn't send myself a virus, so someone is being a jerk and using my information to cause harm to others, and that is a crime. I am pursuing one lead and will pursue any others I receive.

I'm not kidding. This is not a joke to me, and I will do whatever I can to warn people and protect the family of Audrey Nerenberg.

They are my family now, too.

There are many using the names of the missing, lost and abducted for personal attacks and personal gain, and I will warn people and do anything I can to stop such attacks. If you wish more information about this subject, please feel free to write to me to the address below and I will send you the links about this, and who it happened to.

Again, thank you for your reply.
With HOPE, Lanie
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

I know theres subhumans who use a missing persons info/name for profit but its just disgusting that someone will use that info to spread a virus.............everytime I think Ive heard it all something new comes along!!! :furious:

OK this has been bugging me. A few months back there was this homeless woman who would hang out at a donut shop I used to go to after school in Los Angeles. She had short bleached blond hair but was big boned like Audrey and had strong features. I haven't seen her in a while. I always wondered if I should have called the police. She was very sweet and would ask for money. I wonder if psychiatric hospitals check their patients against those who are missing.

keep looking for that person. If you see her ask her what her name is and where she is from originally. If you have suspissions after she answers then contact the police.

Audrey has been missing for 28 years now, since 15 July 1977. I wonder if her disappearance might be related to others of that same time frame like that of Cheryl Ann Iacovone, Missing since 12 July 1977 from Secane, Pa.

maybe they are related i dont know. i emailed milton for the cd. recived it but have yet to view it having problems with my dvd and my cd rom is shot. i told him id check into local hosptials for jane does but. im not sure on how to go about that. do u think there could be jane does in hosptials from years ago, ex mental institutions? do u think a freindly person took her in untll she thought she was well enugh and simply audry left and never returned home

I don't think she is dead. Iv'e read that Andre Rand is a suspect but he seemed more interested in children. I think she either wound up in a mental institution as a Jane Doe and is still there or has been released and maybe was given a new name, or she got lost and didn't know who she was and ended up living on the streets. Her mental state seemed sketchy, maybe she forgot her medicine that day, or was just having an off day, it does happen with mental illness.

what about the homless shelters in ny. do they have the information on audry. maybe she visited one once and they didnt know she was being looked for, that she was a missing person. how long do u think a mental hospital would keep a jane doe and if they had one wouldnt they actively search for the family members unless it was a smaller hosptial, if anyone has any listings of mental hospitals in ny and any web address i can start from there and start asking questions

This seems like it is worth following up...they could easily eliminate by the dental work....

Just heard back from doenetwork that the above unidentified body was ruled out in 2002. She is not Audrey Nerenberg.

To milton, I hope things are going well for you and your family.

I believe Audrey is still out there, and I thank all of you for continuing to look for her everywhere. I can't imagine this families pain. My thoughts are with you audrey.

Love,
Samantha

This coming July will mark the 30th anniversary of Audrey's disappearance. Here is the most recent Doenetwork write-up on her case:

---------------------------------

Audrey Lyn Nerenberg
Missing since July 15, 1977 from New York City, New York County, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: September 24, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4; 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks: She has freckles on her face, shoulders, and hands.
Clothing: Cut-off dungaree shorts, a blue tube top and open-toe clear plastic shoes at the time she was last seen, as well as $2 to buy a pack of cigarettes. Nerenberg was also carrying a small brown shoulder bag.
Medical Conditions: Nerenberg has been diagnosed with hebephrenic schizophrenia. Nerenberg was taking the medication Torrozine when she disappeared.
Dentals: Available. She has a small gap between her upper front teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nerenberg was last seen leaving her family's home in Brooklyn, NY on July 15, 1977. Nerenberg had been hospitalized for brief periods of time in several New York City borough medical facilities from 1974 - 1977 due to hebephrenic schizophrenia. She has been a patient at Kings County Hospital in Brooklyn, Gracie Square Hospital in Manhattan and Hillside Medical Center in Queens. Nerenberg was an outpatient at Kingsboro Psychiatric Center in Brooklyn at the time she disappeared. She did not carry any identification or medication with her at the time she was last seen.

It is possible that Nerenberg walked out of her residence while disoriented and did not know her name. Audrey, who liked shopping at Kings Plaza, had sometimes gotten lost close to home but always had the presence of mind to call her father for help.

She may be listed as an unknown patient ("Jane Doe") in a psychiatric hospital somewhere. Extensive inquiries into New York hospitals by the NY Police Department have been futile.

Nerenberg accompanied her family to the borough of Staten Island during the evening of July 14, 1977, the day prior to her disappearance. They watched a movie at the former Jerry Lewis Theater on Forest Avenue in Mariners Harbor on the Island.

The theater was close in proximity to a campsite once used by Andre Rand, a convicted child sex offender. Rand, whose birth name is "Frank Rashan," has been charged with the 1981 Staten Island abduction of Holly Hughes. Authorities suspect Rand may have been involved in the Staten Island disappearances of Alice Pereia in 1972 and Tiahease Jackson in 1983. Rand may be connected to several other missing persons' cases from the Staten Island area as well, but no evidence has been discovered which may link him to the disappearances. There is speculation that Nerenberg may have traveled back to the Island on July 5 while disoriented and may have come into contact with Rand. He has not been linked to Nerenberg's case.

Also under investigation is the site of a former ice cream shop on Flatbush Avenue where Audrey claimed to have been molested by an employee one year prior to her disappearance.

She enjoyed shopping, music and dancing in 1977.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Nerenberg, please contact:
New York City Police Department
Missing Persons' Squad
212-473-2042

Agency Case Number: 13606
NCIC Number: M-742560258
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
New York State Police Department
New York City Police Department
The Story Of Audrey Lyn Nerenberg
The Brooklyn Skyline
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Doenetwork Case File 104DFNY

unless poor audreys body was dumped in a body of water or was burned beyond recognition it just completely dumbfounds me that no one has found her alive or the whereabouts of her remains.

Again my thoughts are with you today audrey. Maybe some miracle will happen soon and your mother and father can have some peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back