GUILTY NY - Betty 'Jackie' Williams, 28, found strangled in suitcase, Harlem, 22 Dec 2010

Those videos have pretty clear images. They aren't the usual grainy surveillance videos you sometimes see.

I could be totally wrong, but from watching all those crime shows and whatnot, aren't strangulation crimes usually committed by a suspect who knows the victim? Strangulation is a "personal" crime. Since Betty was strangled, it wouldn't surprise me if she knew her attacker. Hopefully her family or friends can help LE find this creep.

My prayers are with Betty's family. How sad. :(
Strangulation is usually "personal", imo, however if she were already subdued or surprised and unable to fight back, it could've been a stranger. MOO

Yes, thankfully his face is shown in this new video. It's not clear, however, whether this video was before or after he was seen with the suitcase. :waitasec: MOO

I feel certain that LE has the ability to do something with the initial video, cleaning up the pixels for a clearer picture..and that suitcase pullin guy did look straight up in that B&W video..so sure they can capture the still from tht and compare it to the later one from the store...Seems very similar to me at this point..Lets hope he lives in the area and will be identified soon !!

I imagine the tip LE received could have come from the video...and thankfully he was caught and confessed. MOO

RIP, Betty :rose:

suspect is 55 years old

<snip>

Hassan Malik of East Harlem had been living at the Tarrytown YMCA and then moved to an apartment in Sleepy Hollow, Sleepy Hollow police said.

more here

http://www.lohud.com/article/20101228/NEWS02/12280353

Based on this finding the man lived in Sleepy Hollow, which is NOT in Harlem it is in Westchester.
THEREFORE, He must have had a car to drive the suite case to Harlem.
But since he did used to live in Harlem, he must have known that area, and went back there with the body.

Malik's neighbors said cops told them his fingerprints were found on the suitcase.

A tip led detectives to take Malik into custody Monday.

The tipster recognized Malik from a video that police released to the media after Williams' body was found Wednesday.

more here

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...of_betty_williams_tells_reporters_he_is_.html

Thank you Texas Mist this article says it all. Found, arrested, and apparently, this crime is solved; he did say he is regretful. :rolleyes: Probably regrets getting caught. :loser:

The only thing I don't understand is why this was charged as Second Degree murder? He hit her head with a blunt object and THEN strangled her.

Here's another report; http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/28/new.york.suitcase.death/index.html?iref=NS1

...Malik originally told police that he found Williams dead inside his apartment, but later he recanted the statement and confessed, according to the criminal complaint.

As police were leading Malik away, a reporter asked, "Are you sorry for what you did?"
New video in suitcase body case

"Yes," he replied....

God I hate that. He's not sorry. He's sorry he got caught. If he had turned himself in I'd buy the sorry comment but he didn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back