Identified! NY - Brooklyn, Calvert Vaux Prk, Blk/EuroFem 25-45, UP13810, Monique tattoo, IUD, mesh stent, Jan'15 - Jennifer McAllister

Jan 4 2020
Investigators attempt to solve 5-year cold case death of woman in Gravesend
"Investigators are still trying to solve the mystery of an unknown woman's death five years after her body was discovered in Gravesend.

The NYPD says a woman's dismembered body was found along a beach at Calvert Vaux Park. They say they have very little details on what happened to her, but that she has a faded tattoo with the name "Monique."

"The NYPD was at the park Saturday passing out flyers in hopes for information that may crack the case."

Jan 4 2020
Investigators attempt to solve 5-year cold case death of woman in Gravesend
"Investigators are still trying to solve the mystery of an unknown woman's death five years after her body was discovered in Gravesend.

The NYPD says a woman's dismembered body was found along a beach at Calvert Vaux Park. They say they have very little details on what happened to her, but that she has a faded tattoo with the name "Monique."

"The NYPD was at the park Saturday passing out flyers in hopes for information that may crack the case."

Thank you for an update. I am very glad that they are actively working on the case.

Were rule puts ever found? I ran across Sapphire Wiggins missing from Atlantic City, New Jersey September 2014. The picture is close enough considering it’s a DNA reconstruction. A rose tattoo on her right leg is listed but no other details on it (as well as others). The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
From Sapphire's Charley Project page: [Suspected murderer Kevin] "Shelton's blue 2002 Porsche 911 drove the Atlantic City Expressway to Exit 12 in Hamilton Township, then to Bridgeton and into Hopewell Township in Cumberland County. He then drove to Elk Township in Gloucester County before returning to Atlantic City."
Sapphire T. Wiggins – The Charley Project

I suspect Sapphire's remains were left somewhere along that route. I would love to see her be found, though!

Jane Doe Monique is Jennifer McAllister, 33 y/o mother from Brooklyn; ironically, about a mile away from where she was found.
“We were able to identify a relative of the victim,” Chief of Detectives James Essig told the Daily News. “She recognizes the tattoo, and says it’s not Monique. It’s Konique.”

Poster released by the NYPD for information about a woman whose severed limbs was found in Calvert Vaux Park near the Coney Island inlet, in January 2015. The only recognizable feature in the human remains is a tattoo that appears to say "Monique." (Jesse Ward/for New York Daily News)
Konique is the name of the victim’s son, Essig said.

Konique, now 21, was 13 at the time, three years older than his brother, who was raised by his dad.

Could someone copy/paste the whole article? Can't see it in my country.
When a woman’s butchered corpse washed up near Coney Island eight years ago, cops strained to make out a lone, cryptic clue: seven letters inked on the victim’s discolored calf, apparently spelling Monique.

In January 2015, birders had spied a decomposing hand in a littered inlet of Gravesend Bay, past the ballfields inside Calvert Vaux Park.

That winter, other body parts were found on a hill overlooking the bay: a severed human arm in a tree, perhaps snatched and moved by a bird, and leg bones and a pelvis nestled nearby. A foot, with nails polished in a translucent glitter, was detected by a police dog who found many of the body parts.

<modsnip - no more than 10% of an article may be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 396998
"It is good to know, but it is not closure,” said [Jennifer's sister] about her sister being identified. [The sister] said her dead sister’s son for years struggled with the belief that his mother abandoned him but now knows the truth about what happened."

How tragic. I'm glad he now knows the truth, and I hope there is justice for Jennifer if she was the victim of a crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back