Resolved NY - Brooklyn, Van Dam St, WhtFem 18-30, UP8516, unresp in car w/male, very short arms/legs, Aug'90 - namus removed

I didn't see a sketch of this JD.
Per NamUs, her DNA isn't in CODIS:
Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
Fingerprints are listed as being available elsewhere
DNA is Sample currently not available
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8516

Thanks, Carbuff. I'm not familiar with NYC at all, so this helps.

55 Van Dam is located in the Greenpoint section of Brooklyn, which was once an area with a heavy Polish presence. Recently it started to gentrify, with younger hipster types moving in. In 1990 when this Jane Doe was found, it was still very Polish.

Van Dam is also pretty close to the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway).

Carbuff, given the face was not recognizable due to decomposition, I was surprised they knew her eye color and had fingerprints for her. Is that typical?

Carbuff, given the face was not recognizable due to decomposition, I was surprised they knew her eye color and had fingerprints for her. Is that typical?

Decomposition??? Missed that part -- so what theory includes the male?

This is near Calvary Cemetery. It's a very old neighborhood and not just industrial.

My office was there for many many years. I have to check the bldg#. to make sure it's not the same one.

Who was the male? Was he alive? So odd.

This is near Calvary Cemetery. It's a very old neighborhood and not just industrial.

My office was there for many many years. I have to check the bldg#. to make sure it's not the same one.

The brick building across the street? That's a gorgeous old structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was found very decomposed. So I don't think the male would have been alive either.

Yes some people are very sick ... but she wasn't recognizable anymore ... I doubt anyone would wanna "do" anything at that point ...

I can't find any news articles that would explain the circumstances with the man. But I'm guessing he's dead too or else he could ID her. Plus the car being inclosed in a garage and being there long enough for her to decompose I think he's likely dead as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she were a working girl, it could explain why she hasn't been reported.

I would have thought a prostitute with dwarfism would be well known and remembered. There can't have been many such, even in a city the size of New York.

I can't find any news articles that would explain the circumstances with the man. But I'm guessing he's dead too or else he could ID her. Plus the car being inclosed in a garage and being there long enough for her to decompose I think he's likely dead as well.

Not if he were a necrophiliac who also had a fetish for dwarves. He could have lured her in as a punter, killed her and then kept her for an extended period of time.

The other thing that occurs to me is that if she was at the upper end of the estimated age range she would have been born around 1960 - 1963, so it's possible that she might have been a Thalidomide casualty.

There is no UID male listed as being found on that date. It would be nice to know if the male was identified, and if a COD was determined for either or both of them.

One thought- they may have been homeless and living in the car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back