NY NY - Corona, UnkMale #UP104037, 25-50, decomposing, distinctive tattoos, found near La Guardia airport, May ‘23

EmiliaRT007

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This John Doe just got added to Namus and was just found 3 days ago.

On May 29, 2023, a male was found deceased in a state of putrefaction near La Guardia Airport. He was found in the water. There are no leads to the male’s identity.

The male was of an unknown ethnicity and was likely in his thirties or forties. He had dark brown wavy hair and a mustache with a goatee. His eye color is unknown, likely due to cloudiness or his face being almost skeletal given his state of decomposition.

The male’s height and weight are unknown. He had some distinctive tattoos on his neck, chest, back, and shoulders.
Here are two of his tattoos.
- Skull w/ wings and rose on the front of the male’s neck
- The name “Jane” on the back of his right shoulder

FF00FCED-458B-4574-A56F-34965D4B8E25.jpeg

Can anyone make out that wolf tattoo? Something Fur?
I think it might be 'Shadow Fur'. SUPER stylised, though, so I could be wrong. I just stared at it for like five minutes before I came up with anything of any sense. I wasn't sure which way up it was, or if part of it was Norse runes or Cyrillic for a while.

MOO

This might help? Fenrir | Giant Wolf, Norse God & Mythology

1698105404573.png

Fenrir, also called Fenrisúlfr, monstrous wolf of Norse mythology. He was the son of the demoniac god Loki and a giantess, Angerboda. Fearing Fenrir’s strength and knowing that only evil could be expected of him, the gods bound him with a magical chain made of the sound of a cat’s footsteps, the beard of a woman, the breath of fish, and other occult elements.

Fenrir figures prominently in Norwegian and Icelandic poetry of the 10th and 11th centuries, and the poets speak apprehensively of the day when he will break loose.

I also swear I saw a MP on Namus that was said to have Norse Mythology tattoos.

i can’t find a match for the Lincoln handball sweatshirt. Darn.

This is interesting. My gut reaction for the first two tattoos pictured in NAMUS (wolf + skull) almost certainly read as white nationalist tattoos. But that doesn't really add up with the Chinese characters, not that they can't coexist. It also comes off that this person may not necessarily be caucasian, though i'm sure that is difficult to determine due to the state of the body. Might be just someone who chose flash work they thought was neat at a hometown scratcher. Or not. Puzzling.

It seems the UID's ethnicity could be anything. I wish we knew where all the other tattoos were. I wonder if the 'Jane' tattoo on the right shoulder is to signify Jane is deceased and is now an angel on his shoulder. The skin seems to be in extraordinary condition even with a little bit of slippage considering the rest of the body is in poor shape.

I checked out the suggestion of Shadow Fur suggested by @iamshadow21 and found that Shadow Fur is a reference to a type of fox pelts that signify a bright white fur. Arctic foxes have bright fur. Animal fur, including fox fur is becoming a thing of the past. The anti fur sentiment has successfully pretty well ended fur being a item for fashion houses. About the only people in North America who still hunt fur bearing animals are indigenous people in Canada and the US.

The deceased has a fairly wide range of tattoos which seems to fit what most people have: a tattoo they like maybe without caring or understanding what the tattoos signify. Since so many tattoos can have numerous references I don't think I'd get too hung up on whether the wearer subscribed to a particular philosophy. I think the Jane and cross tattoo with stylized initials are probably the only ones that could point to a lost love. I've read that the skull and rose tattoo has some meaning. the skull references mortality, the rose signifies love and passion and a skull with wings relates to the Latin phrase Memento Mori which means remembrance of our own death. Whether that death is physical or metaphorical, I don't know.

Haven't found any sweatshirt that looks like the one he was wearing. There's about 20 schools in the US with the name Lincoln (not including Abraham). None of them seem to have a handball team. The only school I could find that has a handball team is the University of Lincoln in the UK. There is a Lincoln High School in Yonkers but there is no handball in the sports lineup.

There's an Abraham Lincoln High School in NYC, located on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn. They do have a handball team. School Profile

Perhaps he was an alumnus or had a relative there. I think they sell school team sportswear via the school.
The problem with sports team wear is it could be an identifier... or it could have been donated to a charity shop and have nothing to do with the person at all. Same with family reunion wear, charity run wear, etc. It always seems to be one or the other. Vital importance or complete misdirection.

I was really surprised recently when Patricia McGlone was identified and her ring with PMcG initials actually reflected her name. So often these things don't connect to the individual in the way we hope.

MOO

Per Google, there is some sort of game called Aground (described as a "Mining/Crafting RPG") which uses "shadow fur" as currency. Could the decedent have been a gamer?

Editing to note that the age frame may have been updated after this was originally posted (the headline reads "25-50"), however I'm not sure how to see if/when that is/was the case. The NamUs link now states for age: "Adult - Pre 30, Estimated Age Range (Years) 20-30."

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
This John Doe just got added to Namus and was just found 3 days ago.

On May 29, 2023, a male was found deceased in a state of putrefaction near La Guardia Airport. He was found in the water. There are no leads to the male’s identity.

The male was of an unknown ethnicity and was likely in his thirties or forties. He had dark brown wavy hair and a mustache with a goatee. His eye color is unknown, likely due to cloudiness or his face being almost skeletal given his state of decomposition.

The male’s height and weight are unknown. He had some distinctive tattoos on his neck, chest, back, and shoulders.
Here are two of his tattoos.
- Skull w/ wings and rose on the front of the male’s neck
- The name “Jane” on the back of his right shoulder

The wolf tattoo is a Viking symbol. The symbol itself means “no mercy only violence”. The S on the skull looks to be of Viking Rune.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back