Resolved NY - E. Harlem, BlkMale UP6829, 20-30, in river, 'Nate the Great' tattoo, Oct'97

Sadly, if they can't find identifiers for the missing person, there's nothing they can do.

I get that. It just seems like this has been languishing without any real attempt. Granted, I don't know if that's the case for sure, but that's it sounds like based on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about this guy:

Nathan Hines
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2166dmny.html
2299571320045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

* His name is Nathan (of which "Nate" is a variation).
* He was last seen six days before the UID was found.
* He is from the Bronx. The UID was found in the East River (which is pretty close to the Bronx)
* He is reported to have a tattoo that says "Nat" on his Left Shoulder. The UID's tattoo is on the right. But the description on Nathan Hines' NAMPN page may be mistaken.
* His height is within an inch.
* His age is within range.
* His ethnicity is right.
No updates? 🙁

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wow. So frustrating that this is still hanging there unresolved.

Don't the investigators have the authority to rule this a match even without something definitive like fingerprints?

In any other era, the numerous consistencies between Nathan Hines and the decedent, plus that really specific tattoo, would certainly have qualified as a positive identification!

You can't base this as an absolute match based on the tattoo alone. Even though that this could be more than likey him the report on Nathans Tattoo and the John Does do have conflicting info like it's on the wrong arm and what they say. The problem is they don't have his records in order to rule it as him or rule him out. Plus I believe that even if they did do it by ID through a photo they would have to find a friend or family member to confirm it and they just can't find them.

I am showing a permission error for Nate The Great's Namus page.

OMG .. I hope that means that Nate and the John Doe have made a match AND they found family!!!.. I always think about this one.. I completely believe Nate is this John Doe!

Well, Nathan's page is still available and the John Doe's is still not, so I guess whoever he was, it's not Nathan...

Well, Nathan's page is still available and the John Doe's is still not, so I guess whoever he was, it's not Nathan...
Omg your kidding.. this UID is Nathan Hines dammit!! Is Nathan a rule out on the UID.. Iam not giving up.. I swear this guy is Nathan Hines.. everything lines up

I'm glad he's been identified even if he isn't Nathan. And I hope Nathan is alive and well and happy somewhere.

I'm glad he's been identified even if he isn't Nathan. And I hope Nathan is alive and well and happy somewhere.
Wow that is wonderful.. I really thought it was Nathan.. yes I do hope he is then Alive and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back