GUILTY NY - Eric Goodridge, 55, mutilated & murdered, Queens, 28 July 2007

I don't agree with what she did but I understand why she felt she had to. It sounds like he still had young children at home with his deceased 2nd wife. I wonder if he was abusing them.

Apparently, she went to a friends home after the murder, and the friend called 911 who then took her to the mental hospital:

"Cops believe Eric Goodridge, 55, who was found bound and gagged with a towel around his neck, was already dead when his daughter, Brigitte Harris, 26, mutilated him in her Far Rockaway apartment Saturday, because there was little bleeding, the sources said.
After the murder, Harris, a heavy-set, rainbow-haired security guard at Kennedy Airport, went to the Staten Island home of a friend, who called 911 to report an emotionally disturbed person, the sources said. An ambulance then took Harris to Bayley Seton Hospital. She was admitted to the psychiatric ward, where cops were not immediately able to interview her. " From: http://tinyurl.com/2pkpdh

From other news sources, the neighbors of the man who was killed are not exactly full of sympathy for him either:
http://tinyurl.com/243fa4http://tinyurl.com/243fa4
This makes me wonder if the abuse ever ended. Wasn't it Susan Smith's father who abused her when she was an adult & even after she had her children?

From Reann's link we can see that even the police said the killing had meaning and reason.

not every victim of abuse recovers. this girl it would seem suffered long term mental health problem from her abuse. atleast when she went over the edge the person who payed was the cause of the problems. there are a few lessons we can learn from this. kids who are abuse must get help for their mental well being and if you dont want some1 to chop off your privates dont molest kids.

He got what he deserved for sexually abusing her as a child.
Maybe now some future predators will think twice before they abuse children.
In NYS mental hygiene law, if she is found incompetent to stand trial, she will go to a secure mental health facility (mental hospital/prison); most likely Kirby, until she is found mentally ill/dangerous or just mentally ill. Believe it or not those who plea insanity can do more time than if they were sane and went to a regular prison.
She is best off dropping the insanity defense and using the childhood abuse. (i hate to say it like that, yet it is true)

I didn't see her MySpace posted, here it is:

xxladyvengeancexx
Wow SieSie! How do you find MySpace pages for people? From her MySpace name, it sounds like she had it in for him a long time ago. I'm not familiar with MySpace, but is there a way to find out when they created the page? Somehow, this will not be good for her case! Come on..."ladyvengeance"? Shows premeditation big time!

I'd like to know what he was doing at her place. Did she call and ask him to come over for dinner or something in order to fulfill her plan to kill him or did he just show up and decide that they should have sex. I wonder if she wanted him to admit that he was wrong and he wouldn't. Sometimes that is all a person wants from their abuser...to say he was wrong...that she was a child and he knew better. I doubt that many victims hear that from their abuser though.

I also wonder how she managed to get him tied up...with a towel? This will be an interesting case to follow. I also wonder about the kids living in his home. If he molested this girl when she was growing up you know he has molested any children living in his home and probably neighbor kids to if LE really checks things out.

After thinking about it for a while, this girl had various reasons to accuse the stepfather...this is just a consideration: what if the sexual abuse never happened? What if she had been putting the moves on him and he rejected it? I guess we'll find out more later...but something doesn't sit quite right with me on this one. If the abuse did take place, my apologies for this post. Just a thought.

Hi, Socks
I understand where you're coming from, but this type of vigilante justice scares me a little.

Doesn't scare me one bit - I don't molest young children so I don't need to be worried.

Of course, as stated above, we don't know the whole story.....

Hey, all!
I didn't mean to offend anyone.
Of course I detest child molesters. I just don't like the idea of victims plotting revenge 20 years later.
I am glad this man can no longer hurt children. I disagree with the way it was done.

I agree 100%. Also, I would rather be sexually abused and alive than dead.

This young lady is obviously very disturbed. I have no doubt the abuse contributed to that, but in this country no one person is allowed to be judge, jury and executioner.

I agree 100%. Also, I would rather be sexually abused and alive than dead.

This young lady is obviously very disturbed. I have no doubt the abuse contributed to that, but in this country no one person is allowed to be judge, jury and executioner.

No one in this country is suppose to rape, torture, beat and neglect little children, but they do.

Some people are driven so far over the edge, especially young children, that they just react. They feel it is their only way out - sad. If we don't protect them, who will?

No one in this country is suppose to rape, torture, beat and neglect little children, but they do.

Some people are driven so far over the edge, especially young children, that they just react. They feel it is their only way out - sad. If we don't protect them, who will?

Exactly.

Doesn't scare me one bit - I don't molest young children so I don't need to be worried.

Of course, as stated above, we don't know the whole story.....

Excuse me, I don't molest children either.

Someone asked how she lured him over to her apartment. I read in one of the articles that she lured him through emails. How she tied him up, etc. I haven't a clue. Maybe she drugged him?

Another thought...maybe she did go the legal route years ago and no one believed her.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug17/0,4670,FatherMutilated,00.html
NEW YORK — A woman who reportedly claimed she suffered years of sexual abuse at the hands of her father has been charged in his death and mutilation, prosecutors said Thursday.
Brigitte Harris, 26, was arrested Thursday and removed from a psychiatric facility where she had been since the July 28 slaying of Eric Goodridge, prosecutors said.
Police said it was unclear how Goodridge, who lived in the New York City borough of Staten Island, ended up at her top-floor apartment in a three-family home in Queens, another borough miles away and reachable only by ferry or bridge.
Harris pleaded not guilty to charges of second-degree murder and first-degree manslaughter. She faces up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted.
Harris' attorney, Arthur Aidala, said his main concern for his client was that she get psychiatric help. He said a judge granted his request that she be taken to a hospital for a 30-day mental health exam to see if she's fit for court proceedings.
"Right now we're not really worried about the charges," he said. "We're not really worried about the criminal justice system. We're worried about healing the wounds that were inflicted by her father."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back