NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trump PAC foots bill for private investigator in Manhattan criminal case, E. Jean Carroll trial​

As Donald Trump's New York legal troubles began to mount this spring, his lawyers and political action committee sought the help of Sean Crowley, a local private eye.

Save America, a PAC founded by the former president, paid $152,285.50 to Crowley's firm in April and May, according to federal campaign filings. He was paid for work related to Trump's Manhattan court cases.

It is unclear what that work entailed.

Crowley, a former New York police captain, declined to discuss his work when contacted by CBS News.

Trump asks to push Jan. 6 trial beyond 2024 election — to April 2026
I'm not sure if this is a paywall or not, I happen to have a subscription so I hope someone tells me if this cannot be accessed.

"In a 16-page filing, attorney Gregory Singer argued for the defense team that putting Trump on trial as requested by prosecutors on Jan. 2, 2024, on charges of plotting to undermine the federal government, obstruct the certification of the 2020 presidential election and disenfranchise voters would mark a “rush to trial” that would violate his constitutional rights and be “flatly impossible” given the enormity of the government’s evidence."

Trump asks to push Jan. 6 trial beyond 2024 election — to April 2026
I'm not sure if this is a paywall or not, I happen to have a subscription so I hope someone tells me if this cannot be accessed.

"In a 16-page filing, attorney Gregory Singer argued for the defense team that putting Trump on trial as requested by prosecutors on Jan. 2, 2024, on charges of plotting to undermine the federal government, obstruct the certification of the 2020 presidential election and disenfranchise voters would mark a “rush to trial” that would violate his constitutional rights and be “flatly impossible” given the enormity of the government’s evidence."
It works! Thanks for the link! I had no idea they have that much evidence!

From your link:
But in moving quickly to turn over evidence as required to help the defense prepare its case, prosecutors revealed that the first batch alone consisted of 11.6 million documents or pages — not counting a hard drive of recovered electronic-device information impossible to paginate.

JMO

It works! Thanks for the link! I had no idea they have that much evidence!

From your link:
But in moving quickly to turn over evidence as required to help the defense prepare its case, prosecutors revealed that the first batch alone consisted of 11.6 million documents or pages — not counting a hard drive of recovered electronic-device information impossible to paginate.

JMO
Surprise!

U.S. Judge Tanya Chutkan on Monday set a trial date of March 4 for the federal case in Washington, one of four criminal prosecutions the former president faces.

Trump is due to stand trial in New York on March 25 on state charges of concealing a hush money payment to a *advertiser censored* star. Chutkan said she would consult with the judge in that case to work out any potential scheduling conflicts.

Here is the schedule I have for this case:

NY – vs Trump -34 felony criminal counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree.

Monday, 12/4/23 – In-person hearing
Thursday, 1/4/24 @ 9am – Miscellaneous hearing
Monday, 3/25/24 – Trial set to begin

Updated 9/9/23

NY – vs Trump -34 felony criminal counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree. Judge Juan M. Merchan. AG Barr

Monday, 12/4/23 – In-person hearing was rescheduled.

Thursday, 1/4/24 @ 9:30am – Miscellaneous (Decision) hearing

Monday, 3/25/24 – Trial set to begin

New York Judge Juan Merchan signaled this week that he would most likely delay the trial start date in Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s criminal case against Donald Trump. Usually such a development is a setback for a prosecutor. In this case, which had been set for trial in March, the delay is a win for democracy and for Bragg himself — the latest in a series of overlooked victories for the district attorney.

The delay makes room in the schedule for perhaps the most important of the criminal cases against the former president: his federal election interference trial now set to commence that same month in Washington, D.C. Even before that trial was scheduled, Bragg had publicly signaled that he was willing to give up his pre-existing March trial date in the 2016 hush-money case if that was “what justice requires.”

A New York Supreme Court judge ruled that 2018 communications with adult film star Stormy Daniels should not sideline defense attorney Joe Tacopina from representing former President Donald Trump in his criminal trial related to an alleged hush money scheme to silence Daniels.

Merchan ultimately sided with Trump’s lawyer in a letter penned earlier this month telling Tacopina that he accepts the defense attorney’s representations that there is no conflict.

Despite finding no conflict with Tacopina, the judge said he would "revisit this issue with Mr. Trump when he next appears virtually on Feb. 15, 2024."

The judge also said Tacopina would not participate in any examination of Daniels if she is called as a witness at trial.

Despite finding no conflict with Tacopina, the judge said he would "revisit this issue with Mr. Trump when he next appears virtually on Feb. 15, 2024."

The judge also said Tacopina would not participate in any examination of Daniels if she is called as a witness at trial.

I see from the article it says next hearing on 2/15/24. But nothing in the court site yet - but I shall move him there... It was supposed to be a hearing 12/4/23 & then on 1/4/24...

edited to add - hopefully trial is still on 3/25/24.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on Wednesday signed a bill setting the state’s presidential primary for April 2, potentially putting former President Donald Trump on the ballot as he stands trial in Manhattan for a hush-money criminal case.

New York Attorney General Letitia James’s office late Wednesday night pushed back on former President Trump’s “brazen and meritless” attempt to delay an upcoming civil trial in which she is suing Trump, his business and two of his adult children for fraud.

James warned a delay could cause issues with Trump’s broader court calendar, in which he is facing four criminal indictments. The trial in this civil suit was set to begin Oct. 2, but a judge issued an interim pause after Trump claimed the trial judge was ignoring an appellate ruling. The pause request now heads to a panel of New York appeals judges for a final decision.

Judith Vale, deputy solicitor general in James’s office, called Trump’s petition a “brazen and meritless attempt” to “usurp” the trial judge’s authority to manage his own docket and his “fundamental judicial role” to issue certain rulings.

New York Attorney General Letitia James’s office late Wednesday night pushed back on former President Trump’s “brazen and meritless” attempt to delay an upcoming civil trial in which she is suing Trump, his business and two of his adult children for fraud.

James warned a delay could cause issues with Trump’s broader court calendar, in which he is facing four criminal indictments. The trial in this civil suit was set to begin Oct. 2, but a judge issued an interim pause after Trump claimed the trial judge was ignoring an appellate ruling. The pause request now heads to a panel of New York appeals judges for a final decision.

Judith Vale, deputy solicitor general in James’s office, called Trump’s petition a “brazen and meritless attempt” to “usurp” the trial judge’s authority to manage his own docket and his “fundamental judicial role” to issue certain rulings.

I believe this article should go under this case:

He slept with an adult entertainer while his wife was at home with a newborn, and his fans didn't care. I don't think his fans care about this court case either, imo. Of all the cases he is facing, this one doesn't hurt his campaign, imo, as his base seems okay with Trump's family values and hush money payments. imo

jmo
Makes me wonder what exactly it would take for them to be shocked and say enough!?

Makes me wonder what exactly it would take for them to be shocked and say enough!?
There is nothing: remember he said he could shoot someone on fifth avenue- he was not kidding. there would be no shock, no criticism- his cult followers and supporters would no doubt suggest that person deserved what they got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210