NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Judge Merchan just found Trump in criminal contempt — again — for violating his gag order for a 10th time and fined him an additional $1,000.He warned Trump: "His continued willful violations of this Court’s orders threaten the administration of justice and constitute a direct attack on the rule of law. I cannot allow that to continue."Merchan said he will, if necessary, impose a jail sentence.

"STOP.......or I'll say STOP again!!!!"

"STOP.......or I'll say STOP again!!!!"
Right? Such BS. Trump gets tons of free TV time from the press breathlessly reporting every trash word he says as he comes in and out of court. Y'know how you handle a narcissist? Gray rock. Ignoring them is the only way to deal with them effectively. If the media would put down their cameras, the problem would be fixed. The monkey will dance as long as you keep throwing him peanuts, which in this case is attention.

I completely understand him not being sent to jail. I wouldn't be able to send him to jail. I wouldn't be able to be a juror either. It's too dangerous. He and his followers will come after you and your family. He's a cult leader and a crime boss and a former president. Such a disgrace. I can't wait for just one day to go by where I don't have to see or hear his name. MOO

Ehh, I think sending him to jail for contempt is exactly what he wants. He knows the rhetoric that will allow him to spew. JMO.
I agree, the judge won't do it unless there is NO other alternative and even then probably not. Jailing him would only serve to further martyr him to his cult of personality fan base.

I agree, the judge won't do it unless there is NO other alternative and even then probably not. Jailing him would only serve to further martyr him to his cult of personality fan base.

Yep. I can already see the Truth Social posts now. Look at how he's said having a gag order imposed is taking away his freedoms and not allowing him to have a defense or defend himself. It's gonna be that times 10,000 if he spends even an hour in a jail cell. JMO

yeah, the whole gag order meaning Trump is “not allowed to testify.” bull crap will only turn into the witch hunt has gone and thrown him into jail without benefit of a conviction bull crap.

I don't see it happening though. I was very hopeful he would do so in the NY fraud $250 mil case but when the time came and went and he chose not to I knew he wouldn't in the others. It wouldn't be wise for him to do so that is for sure. Can you just imagine what that might look like?

the man cannot tell a truth if his life depended on it. His entire life has been like one long telenovela that could be titled "the world according to Trump"

I am imagining the repercussions among Trump followers if the Judge jails him. Riots everywhere. Total chaos. Jan 6 all over again on a larger scale. Trump has become bigger than life. That terrifies me.
I'm a Trump follower/supporter and will never roit or cause any chaos if the judge puts him in jail. JMO.

Tuesday, May 7th"
*Trial continues (Day 9) (@ 9:30am ET) – NY - *Donald John Trump (76/now 77) was indicted (3/30/23), formally arrested, charged & arraigned (4/4/23) with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in the 1st degree & conspiracy in connection with hush money payments to two women [Stephanie Clifford aka adult actor Stormy Daniels & former Playboy model Karen McDougal] before the 2016 presidential election. Plead not guilty. Warrant vacated, released on own recognizance. New York County
New York: Submitting false invoices or checks. All 34 counts against Trump are felony charges (class E) instead of misdemeanors.
Trial began on 4/15/24 with jury selection & ended on 4/19/24. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [Jurors: 7 men & 5 women/6 Alternates: 5 women & 1 man].
Trial began on 4/22/24. Trial is expected to run 4 days a week [Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays].
New York Supreme Court Judge Juan Marchan presiding. Manhattan Attorney General Alvin Bragg. Prosecutors are Susan Hoffinger, Joshua Steinglass & Matthew Colangelo. Defense attorneys Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Susan Necheles & Gedalia Stern.
Trump is required to attend each day in person — although the judge could grant permission for special absences. Trump has vowed to attend court during the day & travel to campaign events at night.

Investigation & court info from 3/30/23 thru 4/12/24 & Jury Selection Days 1-4 (4/15-4/19/24) & Trial Day 1-7 (4/22-5/3/24) reference post #16 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-records-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/

5/6/24 Monday, Trial Day 8: *Judge Juan Merchan had blistering words for Trump when he handed down a decision on further gag order violations. "It appears that the $1,000 fines are not serving as a deterrent," Merchan said. “So as much as I do not want to propose a jail sanction,” he continued, "that I will, if necessary." Judge Merchan said that Trump is in criminal contempt, again, for violating his gag order for a 10th time & fined him an additional $1,000. In today’s ruling, Merchan held that only one of the four alleged statements -- the one about the jury — is violative. But he refused to find that the two statements about Michael Cohen & the one about former National Enquirer publisher David Pecker were reflective of criminal contempt. He warned Trump that “his continued willful violations of this Court’s orders threaten the administration of justice & constitute a direct attack on the rule of law. I cannot allow that to continue.” Merchan said he will, if necessary, impose a jail sentence.
*State witnesses: Jeff McConney of JustSecurity.Org [McConney was the longtime controller of the Trump Org. & worked directly under its former chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg]. Deborah Tarasoff [an accounts payable supervisor with the Trump Organization].
*Prosecutors told Merchan on Monday they expect to be done presenting their case in roughly two weeks.
For more info see post #17 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-records-apr-2023-trial-25-mar-2024-3.711716/
Trial continues on Tuesday, 5/7/24,

All rise!Clerk: This is the People of the State of New York versus Donald J. Trump!Justice Merchan: Anything we need to discuss?Trump's lawyer Necheles: We are informed that Stormy Daniels is the second witness today, we oppose any details of sexual acts

Justice Mercan: Other than just, We had sex?Prosecutor: Your Honor only limited details as to Karen McDougal, not Stormy Daniels. The details are important, the sex act - only certain details are unnecessary

Prosecutor Susan Hoffinger: We'll get into the conversation they had in the hotel and how the sexual act came about, how she felt about it. We will not get into genitalia.T
rump's lawyer Necheles: There is no need for this. This is a case about books and records.

Justice Merchan: This woman has credibility issues, so details are important. I will allow them. Call your witness... Oh, the jury. Bring the jury in first[Jury entering!]

"We don't need to know the details of intercourse," Judge Merchan says as the two sides argue over how much detail Stormy Daniels can go into when she testifies. Trump shakes his head after the judge agrees she can be questioned generally on it given her "credibility issues."
I seriously don't need to know the details :eek:
Thanks, Judge!
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member