NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

No! Let's make this trial even more salacious than it already is! The full details, should be interesting listening, I mean, she is a professional. It is just like describing another day at work.

I can hardly wait!
The best part is that he can't say a word about it on TS or to the cameras, or he'll be violating the gag order AGAIN. It's got to be making him crazy.
<modsnip: off topic>

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Justice Merchan: This woman has credibility issues

She's not the only one in the courtroom with that issue. What is that old axiom about bird of a feather flocking together? MOO <mod edit> Trump's credibility issues are far greater. He gives evidence of that every time he opens his mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We don't need to know the details of intercourse," Judge Merchan says as the two sides argue over how much detail Stormy Daniels can go into when she testifies. Trump shakes his head after the judge agrees she can be questioned generally on it given her "credibility issues."
For once (and probably only time) I agree with the defense. What happened between DJT and SD prior to the hush money negotiations has nothing to do with this case.

This only opens up avenues for a successful appeal if DJT gets convicted.

Donald Trump to Attend Fundraiser on Day of Barron's Graduation​

Donald Trump is scheduled to give the keynote address at the Minnesota Republican Party's annual Lincoln Reagan Dinner on May 17, the same day he requested off court to attend his son Barron Trump's graduation ceremony.

On April 30 Judge Merchan, who is presiding over the former president's Stormy Daniels hush money case, announced the court wouldn't sit on May 17, allowing Trump to attend the event. But the former president is also due to speak at the Minnesota GOP event on the same day, according to the KFGO radio station.

Surprise Surprise...

"We don't need to know the details of intercourse," Judge Merchan says as the two sides argue over how much detail Stormy Daniels can go into when she testifies. Trump shakes his head after the judge agrees she can be questioned generally on it given her "credibility issues."
I thought, according to the former President, there WAS no sex act? Why do they care about the details if they’re allegedly all made up? IMO

whatever.....
-------
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ney-trial-day-13-live-updates-rcna150793Trump lawyer Todd Blanche said the defense team moves for a mistrial based on the testimony from Daniels this morning.

Blanche argued that the guardrails were thrown aside and the testimony was unduly prejudicial to Trump and the charges in the case. He said her testimony about her encounter with Trump in 2006 is much different from the stories she was telling in 2016.

He said that her testimony has nothing to do with the case and argued that the only reason prosecutors asked about the encounter aside from embarrassing Trump was to inflame the jury.

"What's the jury to do with that?" he said. “It’s still extraordinarily prejudicial to insert safety — safety concerns into a trial about business records.”

"There's no way to unring the bell in our view," he said.

---
Merchan has denied the motion for a mistrial that was brought by Trump's defense team.

Court officers tell reporters they can no longer use binoculars​

240215-laura-jarrett-headshot-mb-1422.jpg

Laura Jarrett and Kyla Guilfoil
Since the start of the trial, reporters, courtroom sketch artists and legal analysts have been using binoculars to get a better look at people in the courtroom since cameras are not allowed.
But amid the heated cross-examination of Daniels, reporters are being told by court officers that they can no longer use binoculars.
The jury has been very attentive and watching carefully during the cross-examination.

Under aggressive cross-examination, Daniels appeared frustrated and pushed back on questions that she suggested made no sense or were misleading.

"I don’t know what this is about. Is this about sex, is this about being threatened? You want me to comment on something and I don’t know what it is and that’s not fair," she said.

She was being pressed on the details of communications that did not involve her related to her hush money payment, but Daniels said she couldn't speak for other people and was confused, "I don’t want to confirm or deny something when I don’t know what they’re talking about."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...dates-rcna150793/rcrd41288?canonicalCard=true

Closing summary​

Donald Trump’s criminal trial entered a new stage on Tuesday with testimony from Stormy Daniels, the adult film star at the center of his hush-money scandal. Daniels testified for nearly four hours today, and is expected to return to the stand on Thursday.

Here’s a recap of what happened today:

• Daniels testified that she and Trump had a sexual liaison in 2006 that left her nervous and ashamed. Prosecutors allege that in 2015, Trump, his then lawyer Michael Cohen and tabloid honcho David Pecker plotted to bury stories that could thwart his Republican presidential bid. Cohen allegedly shuttled a $130,000 hush-money payment to Daniels less than two weeks before the 2016 presidential election, to keep her from going public about her claimed sexual liaison with Trump.
  • Daniels said she had met Trump at a celebrity golf match in Lake Tahoe,and that she had gone to his hotel room under the belief that they would be getting dinner after meeting there. Per instructions from Trump’s bodyguard, Keith Schiller, she arrived at his penthouse to find Trump wearing “silk or satin pyjamas” and she asked him to change.
  • Daniels said Trump repeatedly grilled Daniels on her time in the adult industry, including: “What about testing? Do you worry about STDs?” He asked whether she had been tested. She later testified that Trump did not use a condom during their sexual encounter.
  • Daniels said there was a brief discussion of Trump’s wife, Melania Trump, during which he said they slept in separate rooms. She also said he compared her to his daughter, Ivanka Trump: “You remind me of my daughter. She is smart and blonde and beautiful and people underestimate her as well.” She said that during their conversation, Trump dangled the idea of putting her on his TV show “The Apprentice”.
  • Daniels said she used the restroom and when she exited, she saw Trump on the bed in his boxers and a T-shirt. “I just thought: oh my God, what did I misread to get here?” She said, comparing it to a “jump scare”. “The intention is pretty clear if someone’s stripped down to their underwear and on the bed.” She said it suddenly felt like the room was spinning, like blood was draining from her hands and feet.
  • Daniels said that she tried to make a joke and leave, but Trump stood up between her and the door. She testified that Trump told her “I thought you were serious about what you wanted, if you want to get out of that trailer park.”
  • Daniels said she “blacked out” during her “brief” sexual encounter with Trump. “I was not drunk I was not drugged … I just don’t remember,” she told the jury. She said she “was staring up at the ceiling and didn’t know how I got there”. She testified that she remembered her hands were “shaking so hard that I was having a hard time getting dressed” afterwards, and that Trump told her “Let’s get together again, honey bunch!”
  • After a lunch break, Trump’s team demanded a mistrial over what they said were prejudicial and irrelevant comments. “There’s no way to unring that bell, in our view,” defense lawyer Todd Blanche said. “Aside from pure embarrassment,” Blanche told Merchan, these details did nothing but “inflame the jury”. The judge rejected the request and said defense lawyers should have raised more objections during the testimony.
  • Daniels said that in 2011, a man approached her at a Las Vegas car park and threatened her against coming forward. Her former attorney, Michael Avenatti, publicized a sketch of the man, and then filed a defamation suit after Trump denied involvement. Daniels said she thought a defamation claim was “risky” and “not worth it” but that Avenatti filed it without her permission. The case was thrown out, in Trump’s favor.
  • Under cross examination, Daniels acknowledged that she “hates” Trump. “I want him to be held accountable,” she told the jury. Daniels also admitted she has chosen not to pay about $560,000 in legal fees that she owes to Trump after she filed and lost a defamation suit against him.
  • The jury heard from another witness in the morning: Sally Franklin, an executive at Penguin Random House. The prosecution asked her to read excerpts from Trump’s books including “Trump: How to Get Rich” and “Trump: Think Like a Billionaire”.

Donald Trump to Attend Fundraiser on Day of Barron's Graduation​

Donald Trump is scheduled to give the keynote address at the Minnesota Republican Party's annual Lincoln Reagan Dinner on May 17, the same day he requested off court to attend his son Barron Trump's graduation ceremony.

On April 30 Judge Merchan, who is presiding over the former president's Stormy Daniels hush money case, announced the court wouldn't sit on May 17, allowing Trump to attend the event. But the former president is also due to speak at the Minnesota GOP event on the same day, according to the KFGO radio station.

Surprise Surprise...

I don't know why he is going to Minnesota ...... "What we've done for Minnesota, if I lose Minnesota, I'm never coming back," he said. "I don't care. I'm never coming back!" Link

Gee, I hope he makes it back to NY in time for the trial the next morning.

imo

Attachments

• IMG_2017.png
    IMG_2017.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics