NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

What CSPAN footage? Do you have a link?

11:56 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

Prosecutors are now entering clips featuring Trump into evidence​

Prosecutors are now entering clips into evidence as Robert Browning, executive director of C-SPAN archives, sits at the witness stand.
These three clips were played to the jury:
  • A video recording dated October 14, 2016: “Presidential candidate Donald Trump in Greensboro, NC”
  • A clip from video October 22, 2016: “Presidential candidate Donald Trump remarks in Gettysburg, PA”
  • A clip from January 11, 2017: a news conference with president-elect Trump.
"As you have seen, right now I’m being viciously attacked with lies and smears. It’s a phony deal. I have no idea who these women are," Trump says in the first clip they're playing from October 2016.
This was in response to stories of women alleging sexual assault after the "Access Hollywood" tape was released in October 2016.
"These are all horrible lies, fabricated," Trump said in the other video taken in Pennsylvania.
"Michael Cohen is a very talented lawyer. He’s a good lawyer in my firm," was said in the third clip.

11:40 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

C-SPAN library includes 278,000 hours of digital video, Browning says​

C-SPAN executive Robert Browning is now explaining what the C-SPAN digital video library is. He says it has "278,000 digital hours to date."

11:37 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

Browning explains how a network pool works​

Robert Browning, the executive director of the C-SPAN archives, is explaining to the jury what a network pool is.
Browning says they're able to authenticate the feed. "While the event is taking place, there’s a producer who is watching the video from beginning to the end to make sure there’s no interruptions in the transmission," he testifies.
It's Browning's first time testifying at a trial. He traveled from Indiana for this. He said he's a little nervous.

11:56 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

Prosecutors are now entering clips featuring Trump into evidence​

Prosecutors are now entering clips into evidence as Robert Browning, executive director of C-SPAN archives, sits at the witness stand.
These three clips were played to the jury:
  • A video recording dated October 14, 2016: “Presidential candidate Donald Trump in Greensboro, NC”
  • A clip from video October 22, 2016: “Presidential candidate Donald Trump remarks in Gettysburg, PA”
  • A clip from January 11, 2017: a news conference with president-elect Trump.
"As you have seen, right now I’m being viciously attacked with lies and smears. It’s a phony deal. I have no idea who these women are," Trump says in the first clip they're playing from October 2016.
This was in response to stories of women alleging sexual assault after the "Access Hollywood" tape was released in October 2016.
"These are all horrible lies, fabricated," Trump said in the other video taken in Pennsylvania.
"Michael Cohen is a very talented lawyer. He’s a good lawyer in my firm," was said in the third clip.

11:40 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

C-SPAN library includes 278,000 hours of digital video, Browning says​

C-SPAN executive Robert Browning is now explaining what the C-SPAN digital video library is. He says it has "278,000 digital hours to date."

11:37 a.m. ET, April 30, 2024

Browning explains how a network pool works​

Robert Browning, the executive director of the C-SPAN archives, is explaining to the jury what a network pool is.
Browning says they're able to authenticate the feed. "While the event is taking place, there’s a producer who is watching the video from beginning to the end to make sure there’s no interruptions in the transmission," he testifies.
It's Browning's first time testifying at a trial. He traveled from Indiana for this. He said he's a little nervous.
Thanks for the link. I see no mention of a stipulation.

I'm still unsure why this judge has allowed the jury to see evidence that is unrelated to this case. Seems prejudicial to me. JMO.

I'm still unsure why this judge has allowed the jury to see evidence that is unrelated to this case. Seems prejudicial to me. JMO.

I think the assumption is that had the Trump team stipulated to the authenticity of the videos, the prosecution wouldn't have had to bring in CSPAN folks to confirm it.

Exactly. They had to have people from CSPAN authenticate each clip before it could be introduced into evidence (ito show how important it was to Trump that his Stormy dealings were kept from the public). Waste of time and money to do so, all because Trump’s lawyers refused to stipulate.

As for Stormy Daniels' testimony: I could see it going either way whether it helps or hurts the prosecution's case.

On one hand, it seems clear that had the tawdry details she testified to come out before the election, it would have hurt Trump's chances. So it shows he had a powerful motive for keeping her silent.

On the other hand, it could hurt the case for the reasons outlined in the Time article Ranch linked above.

Time will tell.

I didn't say it contained a mention of a stipulation. You asked for a link to the C-Span footage.

It is allowed because it shows a pattern of Trump's lies about multiple sexual affairs and Daniels wasn't the only woman who was paid hush money from campaign funds.

JMO

I think the assumption is that had the Trump team stipulated to the authenticity of the videos, the prosecution wouldn't have had to bring in CSPAN folks to confirm it.
I don't blame them for not cooperating with that. Those video's should not have been allowed at all. JMO.

I didn't say it contained a mention of a stipulation. You asked for a link to the C-Span footage.

It is allowed because it shows a pattern of Trump's lies about multiple sexual affairs and Daniels wasn't the only woman who was paid hush money from campaign funds.

JMO
The OP did. That's who I asked for a link to support their statement about a stipulation issue.

This trial is about the falsification of business records and not about unrelated extramarital activity's. JMO.

Exactly. They had to have people from CSPAN authenticate each clip before it could be introduced into evidence (ito show how important it was to Trump that his Stormy dealings were kept from the public). Waste of time and money to do so, all because Trump’s lawyers refused to stipulate.
This whole trial is a waste of time and taxpayer money in my opinion. JMO.

As for Stormy Daniels' testimony: I could see it going either way whether it helps or hurts the prosecution's case.

On one hand, it seems clear that had the tawdry details she testified to come out before the election, it would have hurt Trump's chances. So it shows he had a powerful motive for keeping her silent.

On the other hand, it could hurt the case for the reasons outlined in the Time article Ranch linked above.

Time will tell.
I think her testimony greatly helps the prosecution's case. Trump's lawyer blew it when she pressed Stormy for why she so disliked Trump. She shot back that he called her hurtful names such as horseface. Trump has a long history of hurling childish personal insults.

JMO

I think her testimony greatly helps the prosecution's case. Trump's lawyer blew it when she pressed Stormy for why she so disliked Trump. She shot back that he called her hurtful names such as horseface. Trump has a long history of hurling childish personal insults.

JMO

The OP did. That's who I asked for a link to support their statement about a stipulation issue.

This trial is about the falsification of business records and not about unrelated extramarital activity's. JMO.
Here is a link that might help: https://wapo.st/3JPx0Ye

The first exhibit that they stipulated to was the Washington Post article, which was entered into evidence a day (or more, I forget) later than the CSPAN clips. Scroll down to the section marked “Nerd Word of the Week.”

I believe you are confusing the legal term “stipulate” and the legal process of entering something into evidence.

This case is about campaign finance fraud via paying hush money to silence the other parties engaging in the extramarital sexual activity.

JMO

This is what he's charged with. I'm waiting to see any evidence that he falsified any business records.

Former President Donald Trump has been charged by a New York grand jury with 34 felony counts of falsifying business records in an indictment that was unsealed Tuesday after Trump was arraigned in a Manhattan courtroom.

Here is a link that might help: https://wapo.st/3JPx0Ye

The first exhibit that they stipulated to was the Washington Post article, which was entered into evidence a day (or more, I forget) later than the CSPAN clips. Scroll down to the section marked “Nerd Word of the Week.”

I believe you are confusing the legal term “stipulate” and the legal process of entering something into evidence.
From your link. This makes it clear for everyone.

Stipulation: An agreement made at trial between opposing sides, often about a basic fact such as the address of a business.

I'm not confused. Thanks for the link.

This is what he's charged with. I'm waiting to see any evidence that he falsified any business records.

The Grand Jury saw the evidence down to the check stub number and they indicted him. I assume this jury will see the that same evidence.

I thought Bill Clinton and his Monica Lewinsky antics in the Oval Office made him a dirt bag but Trump is far worse.

JMO

The Grand Jury saw the evidence down to the check stub number and they indicted him. I assume this jury will see the that same evidence.

I thought Bill Clinton and his Monica Lewinsky antics in the Oval Office made him a dirt bag but Trump is far worse.

JMO
A Grand Jury indictment doesn't mean a defendant is guilty. And yes I know you didn't claim this. Just making things clear. I don't even know what evidence the Grand Jury used to indict in this case.
A grand jury decides to indict, meaning to charge a case. A trial jury determines guilt or non-guilt. The standard of proof in a grand jury is lower than a trial jury.

Close to every time a prosecutor seeks an indictment from a grand jury, he or she will get an indictment from the grand jury.

A Grand Jury indictment doesn't mean a defendant is guilty. And yes I know you didn't claim this. Just making things clear. I don't even know what evidence the Grand Jury used to indict in this case.

A Grand Jury indictment is very significant when a politician is involved. It is taken very seriously by both federal and state prosecutors. Trump's wanting to identify with convicted politicians is a huge red flag.

<modsnip: Removed opinion article>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim