GUILTY NY - Ex-President Donald Trump, charged with 34 criminal counts of falsifying business records, Apr 2023, Trial 25 Mar 2024 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They [reporters] are now calling them "the uniform" - blue suit/red tie....
Thanks for filling me in. I was watching the video someone linked above with Republican supporters standing behind the former president and I didn’t see anything that stood out. There were maybe 6 or 7 varying shades of red ties out of approximately 20 people.

It’s very petty of the reporters. imo

I love all of the support that President Trump is getting. <modsnip - off topic> JMO.

Are the ones we’re discussing doing it on their own time or while being paid by the People’s money?

If they are being paid and not on leave and are using taxpayers funds in any way then some of us are getting taxation without representation as they further their personal careers, imo.

All hat and no cattle show on taxpayers dime, imo.

Perhaps they show up because it is political.

I don’t know what it would take for me to feel intimidated but I know it would be more than just people showing up. I hope they keep speaking out.

Making them politicians instead of waiting for the People to finish their case like a statesmen would.

A politician is a person who has political power in the government of a state, a person active in party politics, or a person holding or seeking an elected office in government.

[...]

In the popular image, politicians are thought of as clueless, selfish, manipulative, dishonest, incompetent and corrupt, taking money in exchange for goods or services, rather than working for the general public good.[22]

Politician - Wikipedia

all imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Blanche finally attacks the case, accusing Cohen of lying on the stand​

After about five hours of withering attacks on Cohen's character and credibility, Blanche finally began asking about some of the core allegations in the case.
He turned to testimony Cohen gave earlier this week, in which he said he spoke on the phone on Oct. 24, 2016, with then-candidate Trump, updating him on his efforts to secure the rights to Daniels' story.
Blanche asked Cohen to recall that Cohen said he called Trump's then-bodyguard, Keith Schiller, who put Trump on the phone.
Was the call on speakerphone, or did Trump pick up the phone? Cohen wasn't sure.
Does Cohen remember what exactly they talked about?
"We talked about the matter, and it was resolved," Cohen said.
Blanche showed Cohen two series' of text messages from that evening. The first showed an exchange between him and a person who had been prank-calling him. Cohen threatened to turn the teen in to the Secret Service.
"I didn't do it, I'm 14, please don't do this," the person said, according to today's testimony.
Blanche then showed Cohen text messages with Schiller related to that exchange. Schiller told Cohen to call him, just before the phone call Cohen previously testified about.
Blanche accused Cohen of lying when he said he spoke to Trump about the Daniels deal.
His voice rising and the words coming fast, Blanche said: "That was a lie, because you were actually talking to Keith Schiller about the fact that you were receiving harassing phone calls from a 14-year-old, correct?"
Cohen said he believes he talked to Schiller about that, and updated Trump about the deal.
"Now your memory is that you, testifying truthfully, that you had enough time in a 1 minute, 36 second phone call to tell Mr. Schiller about being harassed by a 14-year-old," and to update Trump, Blanche asked.

Trump lawyer claims Cohen was actually whining about teen prankster when he said he was speaking to ex-prez about Stormy Daniels payoff​

In a heated back-and-forth before the lunch break, Donald Trump lawyer Todd Blanche tried to get Michael Cohen to admit that he lied when he claimed he spoke to the ex-president about the Stormy Daniels payment -- arguing that Cohen was actually busy complaining about a teenage prankster.

Blanche said Cohen's claim was a lie because at the time, Cohen was actually speaking to Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller "about getting harassing phone calls from a 14-year-old.”

“Part of it was about the phone calls, but I knew that Keith was with Mr. Trump at the time, and it was more than potentially just this,” Cohen responded.

His voice growing louder, Blanche countered: “You had enough time in that 1 minute and 36 seconds to update Mr. Schiller about all the problems you were having with this harassing phone call and also update President Trump on the status of the Stormy Daniels situation?”

Cohen said he believed he was telling the truth about the conversation, but the phone logs and records showed by Blanche refreshed his memory.

“Yes, I believe I was telling the truth," he testified.

“We are not asking for your belief," Blanche shot back even more loudly. "This jury does not want to hear what you think happened."

Bolding and enlargement is due to copy and paste and not done by me.

BBM

Cohen said that Trump didn't "initially" think the Karen McDougal story would hurt him — but also confirmed that Trump was worried about how the story would be perceived by Melania and his children.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche asked Cohen if Trump "at least initially" didn't think the story from the former Playboy model would hurt him. Cohen confirmed: "Initially, yes"

He then agreed that one of Trump's worries about the story was the reaction of his wife and kids.

Trump lawyer claims Cohen was actually whining about teen prankster when he said he was speaking to ex-prez about Stormy Daniels payoff​

In a heated back-and-forth before the lunch break, Donald Trump lawyer Todd Blanche tried to get Michael Cohen to admit that he lied when he claimed he spoke to the ex-president about the Stormy Daniels payment -- arguing that Cohen was actually busy complaining about a teenage prankster.

Blanche said Cohen's claim was a lie because at the time, Cohen was actually speaking to Trump bodyguard Keith Schiller "about getting harassing phone calls from a 14-year-old.”

“Part of it was about the phone calls, but I knew that Keith was with Mr. Trump at the time, and it was more than potentially just this,” Cohen responded.

His voice growing louder, Blanche countered: “You had enough time in that 1 minute and 36 seconds to update Mr. Schiller about all the problems you were having with this harassing phone call and also update President Trump on the status of the Stormy Daniels situation?”

Cohen said he believed he was telling the truth about the conversation, but the phone logs and records showed by Blanche refreshed his memory.

“Yes, I believe I was telling the truth," he testified.

“We are not asking for your belief," Blanche shot back even more loudly. "This jury does not want to hear what you think happened."

Bolding and enlargement is due to copy and paste and not done by me.
Thanks for the links. It isn't looking good for Cohen. He's not too successful in his attempt to explain the text messages and phone logs that show he was talking about a prankster and not about Stormy Daniels.

I don't believe anything this convicted liar is saying. JMO.

Thanks for the links. It isn't looking good for Cohen. He's not too successful in his attempt to explain the text messages and phone logs that show he was talking about a prankster and not about Stormy Daniels.

I don't believe anything this convicted liar is saying. JMO.
I think the attorneys and other members of the jury are more focused on the falsification of business records to cover-up the payment of hush money.

JMO

NEW: Judge MERCHAN instructs both sides to be prepared for summations on TuesdayTrump lawyer Todd Blanche says he expects to be done w cross-exam of Cohen by Monday morning break, prosecution says re-direct will take about an hourUnclear if Trump will testify

If true, the case could go to jury by end of next week.
I am imagining a guilty verdict and picturing him being led away from courthouse in handcuffs. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

NEW: Judge MERCHAN instructs both sides to be prepared for summations on TuesdayTrump lawyer Todd Blanche says he expects to be done w cross-exam of Cohen by Monday morning break, prosecution says re-direct will take about an hourUnclear if Trump will testify

Never gonna happen. He's to much of a loose cannon. IMO

If true, the case could go to jury by end of next week.
I am imagining a guilty verdict and picturing him being led away from courthouse in handcuffs. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?
Yes dream.
I dream so many thoughts about the biggest waste on this country's dime
Just THINK how much this guy has cost us.
Security protection for life just a meager cost with this guy.
<modsnip>
WE are paying for this
And I want my money back

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics