NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

Ok, I'll submit for Helga. It could be a match, who knows?

Edit: Helga went missing from only fifty miles away !!

2nd edit: I submitted it to Doe Network, and hopefully there will be some inter-country cooperation and something can be compared.

Ok, I don't know what delusion prompted me to believe that Ogdensburg and Irondequoit are only 50 miles away, but they are definitely not. Ah, well. I still got an email saying that they will look into it anyways.

As someone who lived across the bay from where this body was found, this case has always interested me. After reading all of the threads, I too started to do some digging. In the local newspaper, I found a 19 yr old woman, Evelyn Cohen, that goes missing on her way to work while living in a boarding house in Irondequoit in 1928, link to the newspaper article below. Her age and description do match the Irondequoit Doe. I can not find another article where she is "found". I believe that I found her and her parents (George and Millie) in the 1920 census records but I could not find her nor her parents in the 1930s or 1940s census records. I know that the date might seem a little bit too early but I thought that it might be worth a mention.

Newspaper Article: https://www.proquest.com/docview/19...ountid=47680&sourcetype=Historical Newspapers

As someone who lived across the bay from where this body was found, this case has always interested me. After reading all of the threads, I too started to do some digging. In the local newspaper, I found a 19 yr old woman, Evelyn Cohen, that goes missing on her way to work while living in a boarding house in Irondequoit in 1928, link to the newspaper article below. Her age and description do match the Irondequoit Doe. I can not find another article where she is "found". I believe that I found her and her parents (George and Millie) in the 1920 census records but I could not find her nor her parents in the 1930s or 1940s census records. I know that the date might seem a little bit too early but I thought that it might be worth a mention.

Newspaper Article: https://www.proquest.com/docview/1926837738/9C9944DC08FD448CPQ/12?accountid=47680&sourcetype=Historical Newspapers
That does sound a bit early, by about 20 years, but there have been stranger matches made. She was in Irondequoit which is a BIG positive.

Edit: Irondequoit Jane | Marianna Boncek I found this little write up by a true crime author who lives in the Catskills. I don't know if it's worth anything, but it does seem to summarize the facts of this Doe as we know them rather nicely.

Last edited:
The drawing always reminds me of a person photographed by Rodney Alcala. Presumably made in period September 1968/August 1971 because I think this was in the East Greenwich apartment.

Attachments

• 0154~3.jpg
    0154~3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2022-06-29-18-32-38-657_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-29-18-32-38-657_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 7
Little Janice Pockett seems far too young and far too recent to be this Doe. This Doe was a teenager who according to the most recent information I can find, was presumed to have died before the housing tract was built in the early sixties. Meanwhile little Janice Pockett was only seven years old and died, presumably, in 1973.

Little Janice Pockett seems far too young and far too recent to be this Doe. This Doe was a teenager who according to the most recent information I can find, was presumed to have died before the housing tract was built in the early sixties. Meanwhile little Janice Pockett was only seven years old and died, presumably, in 1973.

It's best to rule her out just in case.

@SimsGuy67 could you make a comparison table between Janice Pockett and Irondequoit Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.
Original
NCMU1106805c1.jpg

Irondequoit Jane Doe UP2607Janice Kathryn Pockett MP2555
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age14 - 237
DLC/DOD1958 - 1978 (Likely before early 60s)July 26, 1973
Height4'10 - 5'54'
WeightUnknown65 pounds
Hair ColorUnknownBlonde
Eye ColorUnknownBlue
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/NoneUnknown/None
CircumstancesFound in a shallow grave in the back yard of a home.Left home on bicycle, which was found near a wooded area.
DistanceIrondequoit - Tolland351 miles

I can't see this being Janice. I feel that investigators would be able to tell a 7-year-old and 14 - 23-year-old apart fairly easily. Also, Irondequoit Jane Doe was nearly a foot taller than Janice. Distance also isn't favourable. I think we can safely rule out Janice on the inconsistencies alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back