NY NY - Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, Greenwich, 13 Nov 2007

To me there are to things that really stand out...the adoptive father was the last one with the boy and the biggest is the note.

Kerr [adoptive father] said Rainwalker left behind a note that said, "Goodbye," but Persons said the boy wrote that note the night before at her home as a "homework" assignment for his father. She said Rainwalker was happy when he left her house and that he was looking forward to visiting the Personses again the following weekend.

It sounds like the adoptive father already knew what he was going to do. He had the boy write that note as part of a homework assignment...whoever heard of such a thing...and then said that the boy left the note behind.

Didn't the respite mother think that having the boy write that note was really strange and frightening? It should have sent up huge red flags. It doesn't even make sense to have that little boy write something like that.

I wonder where the adoptive mother stands? She knows what a red hot temper her husband has. She knows what he did to the boy before. I wonder if he left when she asked him to after that incident at the creek? Why did she want to take troubled children knowing that her husband is the way he is...for the money? The state pays around $1,000 or more a month for troubled children like this little boy. Sounds like the adoptive father really added to the boys problems. I hope they can prove that he killed that little boy. When the family thinks a person is capable and that they did it then it is usually true. Poor little guy. He is a real handsome boy.

To me there are to things that really stand out...the adoptive father was the last one with the boy and the biggest is the note.

Kerr [adoptive father] said Rainwalker left behind a note that said, "Goodbye," but Persons said the boy wrote that note the night before at her home as a "homework" assignment for his father. She said Rainwalker was happy when he left her house and that he was looking forward to visiting the Personses again the following weekend.

It sounds like the adoptive father already knew what he was going to do. He had the boy write that note as part of a homework assignment...whoever heard of such a thing...and then said that the boy left the note behind.

Didn't the respite mother think that having the boy write that note was really strange and frightening? It should have sent up huge red flags. It doesn't even make sense to have that little boy write something like that.

I wonder where the adoptive mother stands? She knows what a red hot temper her husband has. She knows what he did to the boy before. I wonder if he left when she asked him to after that incident at the creek? Why did she want to take troubled children knowing that her husband is the way he is...for the money? The state pays around $1,000 or more a month for troubled children like this little boy. Sounds like the adoptive father really added to the boys problems. I hope they can prove that he killed that little boy. When the family thinks a person is capable and that they did it then it is usually true. Poor little guy. He is a real handsome boy.
I must have missed where it was said S. Kerr had a temper... and what has he done before to the boy? :confused: :(

I agree, the "homework assignment" is a big red flag.

I agree the homework assignment from the step-dad may sound weird, but I have heard of family counselors having family's do things like that. Not that I do not suspect the step-dad, but the homework in and of itself is not that weird, to me.

Jaliek's former foster mother is going to take leave from her job to start a task force called "Find Jaliek Task Force."
It is going to consist of other families who have known Jaliek.
The foster mother is going to be outside the Washington Square Deli on New Year's Day to explain the details. The deli is in Greenwich.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

My guess would be certain heart problems/cardiovascular stress could throw off a polygraph as it is testing stress levels. His lawyer probably advised him not to take it due to preexisting conditions he has, that could fudge the polygraph. I found this site on polygraphs and physical conditions:
http://www.polygraphplace.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum1/HTML/000545.html

Jumping in, responding to your post, even though I'm late, late, late doing so!

Thank you for providing the link. It is good to hear how those who administer polygraphs respond to and make adjustments for physical impairments of those they are questioning. I had to laugh outloud, however, when I read the second response to the question being asked: the answerer admonished the questioner for previously asking her question on an "anti" polygraph website, telling her (and I'm paraphrasing here) that she should have known what the answer would be before she asked, since the "anti" website was biased against polygraphs. LOL! He fails to acknowledge that she has asked her question this time around on a website that is "pro" polygraph biased!

One of my very dear friends is a police officer. He has informed me that he would NEVER submit to a polygraph and he would NEVER advise anyone to submit to one. In his opinion, they are highly subjective, and if a determination has been made beforehand that the person being polygraphed is guilty, the results will show guilt. Even if the prior determination later turns out to be wrong. There's a reason these tests cannot be used as evidence!

I'm not saying the adoptive father was not involved in this child's disappearance----I'm just saying that I would have refused the polygraph, too, and I didn't do anything to Jaliek.

My opinion....odd. It didn't seem like they were discussing a missing child...very happy, relaxed, like a Barbara Walters interview. Of course people's personalities are very different.

I also find it odd this statement: "Many of my friends have come to me over the years and said I don't know how you do what you do. You have endless patience, which I don't. You have a deep (inaudible) compassion, which I don't. I do what I do mostly because of the relationship with my wife." I truely am not sure if that bolded statement means anything. The discussion of the bag, if he took a bag, if he left with nothing or not, was a tad odd I feel as well. The dad is flat-out odd, but being odd dosn't make you a criminal though.

The reasoning for not taking the test at the time makes, IMO, sense. However, if things have settled down now, taking the test now, IMO, should happen.

Maybe you have misread? The bolded statement in your post is what friend's have said to the father. Not what the father is saying about himself. Friends tell him, you have so much patience, so much compassion, to be able to do what you do with these kids. Dad replies, "my relationship with my wife enables me to do what I do" He's just saying he has a strong marriage, and that together he and his wife can handle these special needs kids and love them and provide them with a home.

I must have missed where it was said S. Kerr had a temper... and what has he done before to the boy? :confused: :(

I agree, the "homework assignment" is a big red flag.

In one of the news articles it talked about a time when the dad got mad at the boy for something and he dragged him down to the creek and was holding his head down in the creek either before or after he choked him. The adoptive mother stopped him and told him to leave.

Maybe you have misread? The bolded statement in your post is what friend's have said to the father. Not what the father is saying about himself. Friends tell him, you have so much patience, so much compassion, to be able to do what you do with these kids. Dad replies, "my relationship with my wife enables me to do what I do" He's just saying he has a strong marriage, and that together he and his wife can handle these special needs kids and love them and provide them with a home.

What I read is his friends telling him over the years that he must have a lot of patience and he answers "but I don't" and that he must have a lot of compassion and he answers "but I don't." He goes on to say that he does this for the sake of his wife. It was probably something that she always wanted to do and he just went along with it because she wanted to do it.

According to his mother-in-law and the respite mother Mr. Kerr doesn't have any patience with this boy. And it sounds like compassion left the room. They both talk about his short fuse and how bad it is. At least he was being honest be saying that he isn't a compassionate patient person!

What I read is his friends telling him over the years that he must have a lot of patience and he answers "but I don't" and that he must have a lot of compassion and he answers "but I don't." He goes on to say that he does this for the sake of his wife. It was probably something that she always wanted to do and he just went along with it because she wanted to do it.

According to his mother-in-law and the respite mother Mr. Kerr doesn't have any patience with this boy. And it sounds like compassion left the room. They both talk about his short fuse and how bad it is. At least he was being honest be saying that he isn't a compassionate patient person!

We are reading it entirely from opposite viewpoints. He DOES say "which I don't" but he connects it to "my relationship with my wife" which to me says: None of this is anything I would do or could do on my own. On my own, I wouldn't have the strength or compassion or patience to raise these kids, but the loving relationship with my wife enables me to do this.

I could really say the same thing about my family. Alone, I could not do what I can easily do with the help of my husband. Together, we add up to more than two, somehow! Maybe I am overlaying my own strong marriage onto his statement about the relationship with his wife.

I don't like what I've read of Mr. Kerr, and I am also highly, highly suspicious that he has harmed Jaliek......but I don't see this conversation or his refusal to submit to a lie detector test as pointing to any kind of proof that he hurt the child.

This "father" is beyond guilty, between being questioned if had anything to do with Jaliek's disappearance and not answering, to ripping down vigil posters for Jaliek, to that messed up "homework assignment", the grandmother a witness to his previous violent behavior, towards Jaliek (Kerr sticking Jaliek's head underwater in a creek) makes me wonder if he has $$ or friends in the police department to hold them off, or are they just waiting to build their case??

The pictures of him growing up broke my heart. He is one of the prettiest children I have seen and he always looked so happy. I cannot believe that those ignorant treated him so terribly and possibly killed him. I hope the police are able to find answers soon.

This is such a sad story! We are trying to become foster parents and this is just so heartbreaking.

Seems like the adopted parents just wanted the money from the state instead of wanting to raise this wonderful little boy. Sadly, I knew of a couple just like this. They raised the little boy from birth only to give him "back" once the money ran out.

This is such a sad story! We are trying to become foster parents and this is just so heartbreaking.

Seems like the adopted parents just wanted the money from the state instead of wanting to raise this wonderful little boy. Sadly, I knew of a couple just like this. They raised the little boy from birth only to give him "back" once the money ran out.

People like that make me sick pixies!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back