GUILTY NY - Jamaica Smith, 39, Queens, 25 November 2009

WOW.....Just lost her mom and now she is gone too. :( gosh that was a fast reunion - totally unexpected. :(

I hope her sister her the little girl. I wonder if the sister can handle it all...Not sure how old her sister is, if she is married, or if she is a student - just don't know.

I pray for the little girl...I hope she will remain in the family.
I wish I could get her....But I am not financially stable enough - unemployed right now....WISH!!!!!!! I could. :(

RIP: Jamaica Smith....May the earth angels take care of your daughter. :)

Somebody asked about queens - too many answers :)

ABOUT QUEENS
I live in Manhattan and actually worked in Queens last year.
I also teach Real Estate, and I use Queens as an example of the best description of "CULTURAL DIVERSITY" for a class by the same name cultural diversity. It has social economic ranges from rich little gated communities (not much of that any more) Many one/2 family homes and also a fair amount of high rise buildings ranging is value. You have ethnic divisions: and each area will have markets that cater to their culture, food, cloths, places of warship etc... music, language, and of course other people live there too, but each area would have a majority of Russians, or, Indians, Turkish, Yugoslavian, Arab, Israeli, Asian, Blacks, (List goes on.....) each ethnic group knowes each other and they do business mostly with each other within a group.....UNLIKE the melting pot of Manhattan....There are good and bad areas in every borough.
But queens is the most Culturally divers Area in the entire Country. Where people do hold on to their own heritage and don't want to live in a melting pot but prefer to live with their culture. IT is NOT a dangerous place. It is not a pretty place, it is just city....It has an area called Jamaica that is on the fringe, but it is not known to be especially dangerous NO....Are there pockets that are trashy and bad? YES absolutely.

This girls name was Jamaica smith; I do not know where she got killed, :(
But I have always felt safe anywhere I have been in Queens.

I noticed the NY post reported that she was outside the empty house, in the yard (not "in" it as wabc reported):

UNIONDALE, N.Y. — Police have identified a woman whose body was found by a meter reader outside an empty house on Long Island.

Nassau County Police have not released any details about her death. A meter reader called 911 Monday after making the grisly discovery in the house’s side yard.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...g_queens_KsYHKT33g1kxc8EXXVkA2J#ixzz0ZAT6Z7OS

Bless her heart -- I wonder if she was just dumped there. :(

Bless her little girl in this terrible time for her, and all of Jamaica's family.

<snip>

UNIONDALE (WABC) -- Police have made an arrest for the murder of a missing Queens mother whose body was found in Uniondale, Long Island.

The body of 39-year-old Jamaica Smith was found in a boarded-up home at 621 Kruss Street in Uniondale, and the case has been declared a homicide.

Police say 35-year-old Marvon Jemmot is now charged with her murder.

The two had a child together.

The Nassau County Medical Examiner determined the cause of death to be strangulation.

Jemmott is charged with second degree murder and will be arraigned today in Hempstead.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7160850

Thank you, LE, for catching another monster!!

Great. Now those kids lose both parents. I can only shake my head sadly.

R.I.P. Jamaica - So very sad for this poor baby girl of hers too!

So sad another one lost forever.

RIP Jamaica

From May 2011:

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2011/22/qns_qns_missing_mom_sentence_20110526.html

A Nassau Supreme Court judge sentenced Marvon Jemmott, 37, to 20 years to life in prison May 18 for the 2009 killing of his estranged girlfriend, Jamaica Smith, Nassau County DA Kathleen Rice said.

Jemmott and Smith, 36, had argued over his lack of child support for their then-6-year-old and he not only strangled her to death and dumped her body in Long Island, but went to the media and reported her missing...

He pleaded guilty to murder in March in exchange for last week&#8217;s sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back