GUILTY NY - Jeida Torres, 3, beaten to death, Brooklyn, 18 Oct 2014

Poor baby. How could anyone hurt her. Rest peacefully little one x

"I F'ed up" equals:

It is all about me
Oopsy
Poor me

So much is conveyed in those words.

The family — a mother, a stepfather and two young children — seemed no different from the thousands who seek refuge in New York City’s shelters, struggling to turn their lives and finances around. But that all changed when the family was thrust into the spotlight when the stepfather was accused of beating the younger child to death after she soiled her pants. The girl, Jeida Torres, was 3.
In the aftermath of Jeida’s death, New York City has adopted an aggressive strategy of trying to prevent other tragedies by focusing on homeless families in which children are considered at high risk for abuse and neglect. The city’s Administration for Children’s Services, the child welfare agency, has worked with about a quarter of the families in shelters, but many families, including Jeida’s, have had no contact with the agency, according to city and police officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/08/n...rategy-to-protect-homeless-children.html?_r=0

Kelsey was to have had a court date in February but I can find no updates on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back