Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if GR's lawyer tries to make a connection, i.e tries to say there is a serial killer.

Where was this lady found; I haven't followed it were there any similarities besides they were both women?

The lady was found in a flooded field about 1 mile upstream from where her car was parked behind Walmart. Autopsy didn't show any injuries or trauma. Awaiting toxicology for COD and means. Which leads me to believe she didn't die of drowing, as that could have been verified in the autopsy.

As mentioned, her husband has two prior arrests -- one for embezzlement of $100,000 from the firefighter's fund (he was a volunteer firefighter), and one for attempted murder (pled to reckless endangerment). He not only poisoned his co-workers at the high school where he taught biology, but his former wife as well, although no one died (got violently ill).

I'm suspecting that there will be an arrest in this case before Jennifer's case goes to trial.

I'm wondering if the Kosowsky case will have an impact on Remy's chances of a plea deal?

The husband in the Kosowsky case was about GR's age when he poisoned his wife and colleagues. He pled down to reckless endangerment, which gave him 4.5 to 9 year sentence (haven't been able to find out how long he actually served). And now, 21 years later, another wife has been found dead in mysterious circumstances.

Just thinking about prior discussions we had on recidivism rates for murderers.

I saw on wbng Binghamton web site that another person has gone missing in the area. An elderly man from Virginia left his home without his meds, believed to be traveling to Oneonta,NY. I guess he was last seen in that area also.

I pray for Kristas family. I must say this whole thing has us on high alert at our house, we live next door to Walmart. Not knowing what happened makes us a little nervous here.
I'm sorry to hear that no trace of Jennifers dresser has turned up.I mention it to people around work. Hoping that the word of mouth might get peoples attention.

I'm wondering if the Kosowsky case will have an impact on Remy's chances of a plea deal?

The husband in the Kosowsky case was about GR's age when he poisoned his wife and colleagues. He pled down to reckless endangerment, which gave him 4.5 to 9 year sentence (haven't been able to find out how long he actually served). And now, 21 years later, another wife has been found dead in mysterious circumstances.

Just thinking about prior discussions we had on recidivism rates for murderers.

Where do you see he tried to poision his wife?

Sorry everyone, I meant to put this on Krista's thread, so I've edited. I still can't get my head around two such tragic events happening in Norwich in such a short space of time.

Woah! I had not come across that bit of info. Scary.

I know. What I found disturbing was that his (then) wife didn't want to testify. I can't imagine being in a situation where a DA and police were telling me my husband had tried to poison me! I don't know what I would have done except never, ever let him cook for me - or even make me a cup of tea.

I cannot wait for GR's trial to begin, and Jennifer's case can be officially solved. Although I don't think it will ever be possible to understand how anyone could have done this to her.

Having two unsolved deaths in such a small place is terrible, it really is. Locals must be really disturbed.

I am thinking it would be a rich irony indeed if Krista was found in water, but the autopsy indicates she did not drown, and if Jennifer is found to have drowned, although she was found on dry land.

I pulled this over from Krista's thread -- just something to tuck away!!

Thanks for the info this is scary and I hope both guilty parties are punished for their crimes

<modsnip>

Interesting that some of us have been speculating about the possibility that Jennifer was poisoned or given some sort of medicine overdose that rendered her unconscious (and then perhaps suffocated or drowned)...and...LE has indicated that the arrest was based on evidence from the autopsy/toxicology.

And now we have another lady in the same small town, dead in mysterious circumstances, but married to a man who previously poisoned others.

In May, Joe reported GR was sent to Delaware County Jail (I think). Not certain if he is still there. Or Chenango County Jail. The inmate searches don't work for me.

In May, Joe reported GR was sent to Delaware County Jail (I think). Not certain if he is still there. Or Chenango County Jail. The inmate searches don't work for me.

Most likely Chenango County jail. Noted that the decor there is blue. Fitting.:jail:

ETA - in Chenango County Jail the first time: http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x326083667/Ramsaran-remains-in-jail

ETA -- and still in CCJ http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Rams...-in-connection-to-wifes-murder-209170031.html

Here's some details from 2011 about the jail. There's a long list of clothing visitors are not allowed to wear. It doesn't mention lycra (though I think it should) but it does mention 'facility issued colored clothing'. What on earth is that? Interestingly, I saw that Sherrif Cutting was previously an administrator at the jail. I imagine that is useful experience to have in his background.

http://www.prisonfamilyonline.com/archive/index.php/t-1111.html?

For people out of town, the Chenango County jail and Sheriffs Dept. is just up the hill from Walmart (to the West)

Here's some details from 2011 about the jail. There's a long list of clothing visitors are not allowed to wear. It doesn't mention lycra (though I think it should) but it does mention 'facility issued colored clothing'. What on earth is that? Interestingly, I saw that Sherrif Cutting was previously an administrator at the jail. I imagine that is useful experience to have in his background.

http://www.prisonfamilyonline.com/archive/index.php/t-1111.html?

Maybe it means the orange coveralls the prisoners wear? So...they don't get confused with a visitor and and inmate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500