NY - Jude Mirra, 8, autistic, poisoned in Manhattan hotel room, 5 Feb 2010 *guilty, found dead suicide 2023*

What an incredibly tangled web.

Mom is currently chewing up her 12th defense attorney; she's gone through 11 previously in the past year alone, with a nonstop stream of motions that presently fill 7 bankers' boxes at the courthouse. If the subject of this case weren't so terribly sad, it would be a jaw-dropping piece of theater - whether tragedy or comedy, I don't know.

She is really something else. To this layperson, she seems to be totally off the rails, mental-health-wise, and probably was for years. She won't let them examine her, so they can't try to defend her on that basis. OTOH, if she was rearing her son with no assistance, that could've made her not only more exhausted but also more paranoid.

What a weird, weird story. Whatever happens, there is no justice for that poor child whose life was so short, and who suffered so much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/n...s-called-calm-at-time-of-sons-death.html?_r=0

But Mr. Bogdanos, in his opening statement, said Ms. Jordan’s actions just before the her son’s death seemed to be those of a “calm, businesslike” woman, not an emotionally distraught wreck.

He said she had just returned from a four-day trip to Florida when she checked into the Peninsula Hotel at 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 3. She stopped on the way at a Chase bank on the Upper West Side, where she transferred $8 million to her checking account from her savings account, he said. That night she ordered Jude chicken fingers and carrots from room service.

The next morning, Ms. Jordan told a maid not to clean the room. That night, at 7:15, she called for a page and gave her two certified letters to mail, with specific instructions to send them from a midtown post office. One was for Doctors Without Borders, the other for the Red Cross. Three hours later, she called the front desk to arrange to extend her stay a third day, Mr. Bogdanos said. She met a night manager in a hallway and calmly paid him $1,000 in cash to reserve the room for a third night. “At this point Jude is almost certainly dead,” Mr. Bogdanos said.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tria...-with-pills-at-the-peninsula-hotel-1410397598

When officers entered room 1603 on the 16th floor of the hotel, they found 5,819 pills, including more than 1000 Xanax tablets and more than 400 Ambien, Mr. Bogdanos said... A "pill crusher" and syringe, "the kind you use to force liquids down someone's throat," were inside the room, he said.

Fresh bruises were on Jude's nose, chest and around his chin "where she held his jaw open," Mr. Bogdanos said, adding that he had likely been dead for 14 hours before police found him.

"How long did this take? Don't think minutes. Think hours," Mr. Bogdanos said.

"I want a lawyer". That's what she states when she is found, supposedly babbling and having tried to kill herself, lying next to her dead son: "I want a lawyer".

Crazy? Like a fox.

Thanks so much to the mods for merging these. I only started the thread as it was breaking news. At the time, there was very little info. This is terribly strange. I don't know what to believe. However, I am bothered by this comment of Mr. Tzekov's:

"Tantra believes in the inherent goodness of everything. Everything is holy, nothing is unholy and nothing is evil.For tantra there is no devil, only devine" (sp).

Mr. Tzekov, that's not exactly what I've learned about tantra. And I can most assuredly state that you are incorrect in that "nothing is evil". We can debate the presence of the devil until the cows come home, but there is certainly evil. Everyone of us here on WS, can take an oath testifying to that FACT.

I'm very hopeful that this woman's claims concerning child abuse and *advertiser censored* will not be set aside if she is found to be delusional. She could be right about this which could have caused her to become mentally ill. I just want a full investigation.

And rest, little Jude.

I think it is grossly unfair to accuse the father of anything. There is zero evidence that he ever harmed the child:
Flint, suspicious of Jordan's stories (among other things, she claimed that Jude, who was autistic and communicated by pointing, was typing the details of the sex abuse into a computer), showed her letters to local police, who took mother and child into custody. When no signs of physical abuse were found on the boy, he and his mother were released and left the state. http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2010/02/gigi_jordan_cha.php

And remember, "Flint", who had suspicions about the mother, is an expert on child sexual abuse. How are we giving any credence to this murderer's accusations at this point? Based on a Myspace page?

From what I'm gathering, he had Autism, but mom made up more stuff. Maybe she liked the attention she got from having an Autistic child, and made up more stuff from there. I don't know.

Many parents with MSBP kill their children for attention - either accidentally as they are trying to get attention from a child in distress, or because they enjoy the attention from the death itself - and many also make suicide gestures, or try to overdose, or harm themselves, to get attention, and many also make false claims of abuse repeatedly. Sexual assault/false rape claims are typical.

Sounds like this woman and what she did to her son were part of an overall bid for attention.

This just has not struck me as classic Munchausen. There is no evidence that she caused illness in the boy. What I see is she was plagued with severe paranoia which made her think something was wrong with the boy. Munchausen, to my knowledge, always entails the mother actually making the child sick. I just don't see that here. I see clear paranoia of being afraid that people were doing things to her son and she couldn't protect him.

Well, have you considered that the psychiatric professionals, the actual doctor(s) who issued a formal diagnosis of this woman, likely have, not only way more expertise than the rest of us when it comes to what psych issues this woman may have, but also likely way more information than we can ever hope to have about this woman, her condition, her behavior, her history?

This woman brutally murdered her small, helpless son. She likely did it for attention, considering the diagnosis, as well as her call to alert a family member before she did it (she would be "rescued", of course, due to that call). Her behavior (transferring money from her son's account to her own as he lay dying, and demanding a lawyer the moment she is found next to her dead child), show that although she may have a mental health diagnosis (MSBP), she's not crazy at all. She fully knew what she was doing as well as the legal ramifications.

I am surprised to see a lot of gymnastics being done in what seems an attempt to excuse this woman's actions:

1. She an overwhelmed mother of a disabled child.
2. Her ex was raping and molesting the kid so it drove her crazy.
3. She didn't do this for attention. She did it because she suffers from serious mental health issues (delusions) that she (I feel it is being inferred a bit) couldn't control.

It's not surprising to me that she won't allow herself to be evaluated for mental health issues. She knows she wont' be found insane. She's hoping the jury will just nullify what she did based on her accusations. I don;t see how that's possible. It is no defense. But from what I'm seeing here, I actually think she has a chance at the impossible.

I don't think that's right. It's not justice for Jude.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20141009_ap_94ff38b765434ce18628c433a2b88746.html

A millionaire pharmaceuticals entrepreneur, living in fear and convinced a mutual death with her developmentally disabled 8-year-old son was the only solution, deliberately gave him a lethal dose of prescription drugs and exchanged goodbyes but later tried to revive him, she told jurors on Thursday.

On hearing the boy, Jude Mirra, struggling to breathe, "my heart started pounding," Gigi Jordan testified at her murder trial.

"I raced over to him. I was crying and sobbing," she said. "I was crying and calling, 'Jude! Jude! Jude!' And then I started to attempt CPR."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...husband-contract-life-didn-t-tell-police.html

Now she's claiming that it was the child's idea for her to kill him! Supposedly he told her via facilitated communication to do it.

" 'Let's just get out while we can,' she claims Jude wrote on January 26, 2010, days before his body was found in the Peninsula Hotel. 'We r going to die anyway let's do it ourselves instead of them.

'We need to leave in a way we want to, not their way. Get the pills and try to do it.'

She claims he wrote other messages claiming it wouldn't be murder and urged her to use 'a lot of drugs' so he would die peacefully".

Q

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/30/n...ns-begin-in-gigi-jordan-murder-case.html?_r=0

Even before the jury had finished its first day of deliberations on Wednesday, a woman on trial in Manhattan for poisoning her disabled son was vowing to appeal the verdict while her lawyers moved for a mistrial...

The jury of seven men and five women started deliberating at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, and continued until 4:30 p.m., when the judge dismissed them for the night. They will resume deliberations on Thursday morning...

Minutes after starting deliberations, jurors asked that most of the evidence presented during the two-month trial be sent to them. Later they requested transcripts of testimony about telephone calls between Ms. Jordan and Mr. Mirra.

Dr. Phil just interviewed her. What a horrible case. Even worse, she stated she would do it again, and make sure she took her own life. That poor baby never had a chance. :(

Dr. Phil just interviewed her. What a horrible case. Even worse, she stated she would do it again, and make sure she took her own life. That poor baby never had a chance. :(

My local news showed this was going to be on today. In fact it is airing right now and I just could not turn it on, just from what little I saw earlier today.
I'm with you, this child never had a chance.

Despite that Jude was nonverbal, Jordan testified that the boy learned to communicate with her by typing on a laptop computer and BlackBerry. That was how, she said, he told her about abuse he endured with bizarre satanic elements – from being forced to drink blood and kill animals to being zapped with electricity.
The boy also typed a message saying he wanted to die, testified Jordan, a millionaire and socialite.
Bogdanos argued that for jurors to accept Jordan’s defense they would have to believe that Jude, at age 6, began typing comments such as “I want to aggressively punish God” while describing the alleged sexual abuse
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/judge-denies-mistrial-in-gigi-jordan-case/
This woman has said her losing her mobile phone was proof her first husband wanted her dead, she has accused him and his wife of abusing her son but didn't remove his name from the list of emergency names at his school. She has also accused husband number two a grandfather, uncle and two babysitters. This is not a woman driven to kill she talked about killing him if treatment didn't cure him

http://nypost.com/2014/10/22/gigi-jordan-talked-openly-about-desire-to-kill-autistic-son-pal/
The longtime pal of a pharmaceutical exec on trial for killing her own son testified Wednesday that the troubled millionaire had talked openly about her desire to end the severely autistic boy’s life — just three years before she force fed him a fatal dose of prescription drugs.
Rita Cristman had an ominous phone conversation with killer mom Gigi Jordan in 2006, she told Manhattan jurors.
“She said that if the procedure didn’t work, she was going to end it,” Cristman testified, referring to a stem cell transplant Jordan’s son Jude Mirra was about to undergo in Chicago in a bizarre effort to cure his autism symptoms.
“She said, ‘I’m going to give myself an overdose’ and I said, ‘What about Jude?’ and she said, ‘I’m going to take him with me and give him an overdose, too. I can’t leave him behind. No one would ever be there for him.’”
In another phone conversation, Jordan made a disturbing admission to her ex friend.
“Gigi said to me, ‘You know parents of autistic children that die are better off than those that live,’” Cristman recounted.
“ ‘I said, ‘Why?’ and she said, ‘Well one morning you wake up and the child is gone. It’s like they’ve been kidnapped and when your child is kidnapped you’re forever looking for them and wondering where they are and you can’t mourn.”
Modal Trigger
Jude Mirra
Photo: Gregory P. Mango
The former best friends had a falling out when Jordan began blaming Cristman for her troubles with Jude, she said.
“We had been arguing a lot,” she said of the last phone conversation she remembered having with Jordan in late 2006.
“I said, ‘Why are you angry?’ She said, ‘Because it’s all your fault, you told me to have Jude and I’ve never been more miserable in my life!’”
Cristman said she didn’t report Jordan’s bizarre ranting because she didn’t believe she meant it.
“I didn’t take her seriously at the moment. She was a very dramatic person,” the witness said. “She got angry easily she was emotional all the time. I never knew how she was going to behave.”
Although Cristman said Jordan was erratic, she said she was often very caring and generous.
Jordan had taken her friend on at least five vacations, paid off her credit card debt and even set up trusts for her children. She is godmother to Cristman’s daughter.
Jordan has argued that she poisoned her son at the Peninsula Hotel because she feared her ex-husband was planning to kill her.
Jude would then be handed over to his biological father, Emil Tzekov, who she believed had physically and sexually abused him, she said.
But prosecutors have countered that Jordan killed her son after years of experimental treatments had failed to cure his autism.
Jordan was discovered semi-conscious on the floor of her room within arms length of her 8-year-old’s corpse amid thousands of pills and an empty bottle of Grey Goose February 5, 2010.

I wonder if this could be a case of Munchausen's by proxy? I presume that psychosis (delusions) has been ruled out? What we need to know is - did she truly believe that these things happened, or not?

Assistant District Attorney Kerry O'Connell told a judge that Jordan had a history of Munchausen's syndrome by proxy, a mental illness that causes parents or guardians to inflate symptoms and seek medical attention for their children as a way to elicit sympathy.

O'Connell said that medical professionals had diagnosed Jordan as having Munchausen Syndrome and that she was seeking unnecessary treatment for her child, Jude Michael Mirra
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...utistic-son-may-have-had-munchausens-syndrome

She got really, really lucky to escape the 2nd degree murder charge and escape with 1st degree manslaughter. WTH? Did the jury buy her story of her 8-year-old-son 'wanting' her to help him kill himself then?

Dreadful woman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back