GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such an important point, thank you.

This makes me even more sad for Leiby. I remember being scared and lost and having a nice adult help me. So sorry he didn’t find a nice adult.

RIP young man.

I know, Pinkfly. Almost always, when children are lost and need help, there is a helpful adult nearby who will usher them to safety.

I'm one of those people who thinks almost everyone is kind and good, and resisted "stranger danger" kind of stuff. Most people ARE good. But I did tell my kids if they were lost or needed help, look around for a kind looking woman or man with small children in tow. They will help you. Walk up to them and say I'm lost and I need help. If you walk around looking bewildered and lost, chances are greater that you will be victimized.

This is just a sad, sad realization for this community. What a loss.

I think it is the shock of it all. For me, I have a son who will be 9 in October. I've thought about his inconsolable sobbing and anger with some of the age appropriate restrictions I have placed on him (internet access type things) and how as a parent it hurts to see them angry, crying and not understanding.

While at the same time 8 going on 9 IS an appropriate age for beginning to excersize a little more independence. A few block walk to meet his parents in a seemingly good safe neighborhood should have been safe. EVERY parent wants to know if their child needed help, a nice trustworthy adult would help.

We do our best to ensure our childrens safety fully knowing there is no way that safety could ever be 100% guaranteed.

The overwhelming odds of Leiby running into one creepy freak in a city of millions in the midst of so many passerbys is every one of our worst nightmares. It almost seems impossible but we know, sadly, it is not.

OT, my not so little guy is on vacation with his dad until Sunday and I just want to hug him SO bad. It's killing me I can't as everytime we learn of one of these stories I just want to hold him knowing what could happen and what I pray never does.

I know there are lawyers here on websleuths and other legal people, but I get so angry that the pursuit of money and sometimes fame has people defend these social pariahs, and yes I suppose someone has to.....but to me once again common sense has gone out the window.

The guy confessed, had feet and the murder weapons in his fridge, directed them to the rest of the body, is seen on video with the child and it's his car.......common sense....he did it, lock him up and throw away the key.

But no, someone has to defend him and now we have psych exams and of course the 1st line of defence they pick, he is insane. We know they will use the hit by a car and brain damaged therefore cant help himself line.

This really really agitates me, like Casey getting off because it could have been an accident.

I dont care if he is insane, he cant live with the most precious of society's rule, you dont pick someone up, especially a child and kill them and chop them. Its that simple, insane or not, you need to be taken out of society.

I think all serial killers are nutcases as well as killers like the nutbag woman who killed that poor little Jonathon, and Alyssa Bustamante....just to name a few of ALOT we have seen on here. But I dont care that they have mental issues, they must be punished and taken from society.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Activities and Interests section of his facebook page lists "IS YOUR FAMILY SAFE? Find out who really lives in your area!"

I hear you ReVampz. I believe if someone is deemed unfit to stand trial they stay in some type of facility until they are ready to stand trial. The evidence is overwhelming in this case, but yet it does seem the job of defense attorneys is not to see their client gets a fair trial, but to get them off regardless of guilt or innocence at any and all costs.

When it comes to Casey Anthony, she will likely end up in prison again, because she is incapable of getting her life together abiding by the law. How many people did she steal from? She had a LOT of people cover for her and bail her out pre Caylee's death. I do not believe post trial she will continue to have people falling all over themselves to keep her out of trouble. I predict she will be in and out of jail and or prison for years to come.

Working on a new thread will be closing this one in a few...

You have to wonder if there were others before this one. Such a crime of pure opportunity, and though he panicked he sure seemed to have a plan of how to 'fix it'. Ugh. My heart breaks for this little boy and his family. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$