GUILTY NY - Levon Wameling, 9 months, Utica, 29 May 2013

Okay, so what did the sperm donor think happened to the kid?
I could somewhat understand if Mom was scheduled to pick him up and he was gone...
Just assuming Mom had taken him without telling him...
But where exactly did the man think this baby had gone?!

I pay more attention to a missing cat of mine, in fact i am hysterical to find her than this man did to his missing baby

Police say the child's mother was in rehab when her baby disappeared.
from upthread.

Looks like the mom is out..and poor her trying to do better for her baby and her bf LOSES him or worse

Utica Police Department's posting for Levon on the UPD facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...39958248484.1073741936.175041395841678&type=1

Someone claiming to be Levon's aunt posting in the comments

So, **rumors**... but paraphrasing from those comments:

• Levon's mom is in rehab in Albany, NY (about an hour and a half from Utica) and knew nothing about this until today
  • Levon's aunt and grandma (his mom's sister and mother) tried to get custody (?unofficial) of Levon in the middle of May and were rebuffed by Levon's father because he didn't want the baby kept from him
  • The aunt has spoken with the father's family, and no one from the family claims to have Levon

Oh boy. If it turns out that this <expletive> excuse for a father did something to this poor innocent baby while his mom was trying to get help for herself.. and while there were other family members willing to care for him.... :maddening:

I don't believe this story for one minute, not one bit of it.

That baby looks horrible.

I pay more attention to a missing cat of mine, in fact i am hysterical to find her than this man did to his missing baby

I showed more concerned for a STRAY cat than this guy did.
I am willing to bet this guy didn't even give his baby a proper burial.
We literally did more for a STRAY cat. I hate people. :stormingmad:

I showed more concerned for a STRAY cat than this guy did.
I am willing to bet this guy didn't even give his baby a proper burial.
We literally did more for a STRAY cat. I hate people. :stormingmad:

2 months ago i found a stray with two broken legs, a broken him and wound. I have no money but they agreed i could pay the care off and she was preggies. So she was spayed (and xrays done then, cheaper and easier) then put on cage rest for a month, meds two times a day, lots of affection and cuddles and the best possible food i could get for her. And i would have paid for direct repairs but as surgeon said, i dont have the money even if i pay it off its still money that could go to other cats (i have a bunch, all feral to start with) and he wasnt sure direct repair would get that much of a better result as they were oldish injuries, she had been in agony in my outside hotbox for ferals in winter.

Thats me with a cat. This man treats his baby like a lost hamburger

eta, cat is now a rolling playful, happy and healthy girl that has a slightly gimpy leg but thats it

Not again....2 wks who does not report a missing child immediately. Wandering if the baby was even on the front porch. Have a bad feeling about this one.

He didn't even contact the police directly. He went through an attorney.

Police say the boy&#8217;s father, Jevon Wameling, contacted authorities about his missing son Tuesday, through an attorney.
http://www.9wsyr.com/content/news/b...-missing-in-Utica/F_OMHX-7m0OlZFZLun0Slw.cspx

Police tell local media outlets they learned about Levon Wameling's disappearance from an attorney for relatives Tuesday. The lawyer said that 27-year-old Jevon Wameling told him he'd left his son on the front porch of his Utica home late on the night of May 29 and went around to unlock the back door.
http://www.njherald.com/story/22571438/search-on-for-missing-9-month-old-boy-in-utica

Oh sure - oops doors locked (go round back get in - open front door) oh my 9-month old baby is gone? Hmm well maybe he just went for a walk, think I will just shut the door make some dinner and watch a little tv.

didn't even bother enough to *make up* a kidnapping story that day

Just posted - the search dogs are there:

8254438E.jpg

http://www.uticaod.com/photos/x1466...-For-Clues-Of-What-Happened-To-Levon-Wameling

The Utica Police Department and New York State Police use a K-9 unit to search for clues of what happened to Levon in front of Wameling's house on Jay Street in Utica Wednesday June 12, 2013. Right now, Levon's disappearance is being treated at a missing child's case.

[GP], the owner of the home Jevon Wameling rents from said, "I just don't believe something bad happened at least by him [Jevon Wameling]. I just don't see him to be that kind of person, being mean to kids."

Oh boy. :eye roll:

oh no, not another one. this is not going to end well. like Caylee, like Aliayah, so many others. :(

Utica Police Sgt. Steve Hauck said that police are questioning some of the information Wameling gave them, including the timeline of events.

"I don't see how anyone could have their child missing for two weeks and not reach out to police or not reach out to family, so I don't think there's any good reason for that, and I don't see how anyone could explain that away. So, that obviously makes us very concerned,” Hauck said.

Neighbors told NewsChannel 9 that they had talked to Wameling in the past two weeks and he did not mention his child was missing.

http://www.9wsyr.com/content/news/b...a-Cops-say-father/F_OMHX-7m0OlZFZLun0Slw.cspx

Just calling shotgun now... but I believe this child is ALIVE.

Hoping and praying this baby is alive and safe, but this sounds bad and his story doesn't make sense at all. 2 weeks your baby is missing and you have to be told by someone else to finally report it?! Does not add up at all :(

Is this a current article, I couldn't find a date. Trying to catch up here... am wondering now, was it the incarceration which led to the grandparents asking where the baby was? Is the dna contributor currently incarcerated?

No, I don't think so Cubby. The article mentions him being 25, and I believe he is 28 now? I could be mistaken on the current age though.

According to Mom's facebook, he almost died in November. He gets breathing treatments and is on medication for blood around his brain that causes seizures. She also has a 4 year old daughter and 2 year old son. Where are they?

I saw those comments as well. I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse about what could have happened to Levon. Did he have a medical emergency and Jevon didn't seek help? Or was it something more nefarious? Was it related to a drug debt and that's why it wasn't reported?

All speculation. But in any case, Jevon doesn't come out smelling like a rose. MOO.

ETA: The other two children appear to be mixed race (hope that's a politically correct way of saying it), where as Levon looks purely caucasian. Hard to say without seeing any pictures of Jevon, but I hope that means the other two children are safe somewhere with their own side of the family and don't share the same biological father with Levon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back