NY - Man killed after being pushed in front of moving subway in unprovoked attack - March 25, 2024

From linked article:

The man was pronounced dead shortly after and a suspect, described as an emotionally disturbed person, was taken into custody, according to the sources. Charges are pending.

Why are charges "pending?" Murder! Now!

<modsnip - off topic>

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited by a moderator:
From linked article:

The man was pronounced dead shortly after and a suspect, described as an emotionally disturbed person, was taken into custody, according to the sources. Charges are pending.

Why are charges "pending?" Murder! Now!

<modsnip - off topic>

jmho ymmv lrr
This person may truly be better off in a mental institution than prison and may not be fit to stand trial

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlton McPherson, 24, was arrested and charged with murder. ..he has multiple prior arrests and has a long and violent past.
He was released without bail after he was arraigned on an October 31 arrest for assault, menacing, harassment and other charges in Brooklyn.
He failed to show up for court twice and a judge issued a warrant for his arrest. He was picked up and brought to court on Jan. 11, where bail was set for $2,000 -- which he posted.

53-year-old Jason Volz lived alone in the Bronx. A neighbor said he just spoke to Volz on Monday.

"I just feel so heartbroken, life is so short, when things could happen at any moment it takes my soul away," said neighbor Sammy Sanchez. "He was an honest person, a sincere gentleman, he always respected me, he held the door for me plenty of times when I came upstairs with my wife."

“The city failed Carlton,” his older brother, Daquan McPherson, said in an exclusive interview. “The city is failing all mentally ill people. There’s too much red tape. He just got out of the hospital two weeks ago. We begged them to keep him but they said he wasn’t a threat to himself or others so they couldn’t keep him and they let him go.

“They released him,” he said. “In New York City the mentally ill have two options — either they go to jail or do something that lands them in the newspaper.”

Repeated calls to a suicide and crisis hotline over the last six months also failed to get Carlton McPherson off the streets, his brother said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back