Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Hollow said:
The investigators only said she had died after 1988. It could be her, though I don't know how she would have ended up in New York entombed in cement.
..after 1988 according to the clothing labels. The weird thing about this is that toy soldier, I called LE to find out if it was encased in with her or just at the scene and got my head bit off. LOL!!!

Dail is an extraordinarily beautiful woman, she seems to have really been on a good track, her family must be crushed.

I found this article on Dail...it's so sad.

The Chronicle Telegram - September 23, 2002
dail1.jpg

Hollow said:
The investigators only said she had died after 1988. It could be her, though I don't know how she would have ended up in New York entombed in cement.
I would forward Dail's info to LE in charge of the unidentified body then. While I don't think it's her, doesn't mean that it isn't. Better to check it out, I say.

Hollow said:
..after 1988 according to the clothing labels. The weird thing about this is that toy soldier, I called LE to find out if it was encased in with her or just at the scene and got my head bit off. LOL!!!

I'm sorry that you had that experience with LE. There are good and bad in every profession. We appreciate you sleuthing this out for us all. (HUGS)

Thanks Jeanna :)

Couple things I find unusual about this Jane Doe, this was supposed to be an area (back then) that was used for drug trafficking and prostitution. How in the world did someone get so much cement in there and build this thing, get her body in there....and no one noticed this going on ??? Makes me think it was mob related, and being as they said she looked Irish and the McG on her ring....maybe Irish mob???

Another thing, why the toy soldier, were they saying she was a soldier ? Was whoever put her there a soldier and they were sort of burying themselves with her ??

Isn't the band U2 a very political Irish band ?? That's weird Dail went to see them and then I'm trying to make this Irish mob connection. Just thinking out loud.

I checked U2's touring schedule and the only time they were in or around NYC in 1988 was on 3/2. They weren't actually playing, they received the Grammy awards for "Album of the Year - The Joshua Tree" and "Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

1/15/1992 for a Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony.

2/25/1992 they received the Grammy award for "Best Rock Group Performance - Achtung Baby" at Radio City Music Hall.

3/9/1992 - Concert in Uniondale, NY (it's about 20 miles from NYC)

3/18/1992 - Concert in East Rutherford, NJ

3/20/1992 - Concert in NYC at Madison Square Garden

she attended the concert in Columbia South Carolina, I wonder who the bouncer was that she stayed after to chat with and if they ever looked at him as being involved in her disappearance.

I wasn't talking about Dail, sorry I wasn't clear. I thought you were thinking that this uid girl might've been at a U2 concert.

I wonder where U2 played the night after playing in Columbia, South Carolina. I wonder if the bouncer worked for the arena or the band.

I think most arenas have their own bouncers that they use for special events.

I'd like to clarify, I misread the article that I had found online. Apparentely, after the concert, the friends all met at a bar called Jungle Jim's, that is where the bouncer was.

I did e-mail a journalist that is a friend of the Dinwiddie family, perhaps they will look into whether this is Dail or not. I was reading last night about the Lady's Garment Workers Union (this was one of the tags , clothing labels they found in with Jane Doe.) They are headquartered mostly in New York, they do tours for college students in the garment industry and give them free shirts and jackets. They manufacture clothing for other companies too. I still really cannot make any connection to Dail.

I am really interested in looking into the Dinwiddie case, for some reason this one's really got me.

They played in Atlanta on 9/25 and in Miami on 10/3.

Just wondered, does anyone think that this Jane Doe could be Kathleen Durst, it actually looks very much like her. I've never seen her description posted on any missing sights so I don't know her height and weight. She was from New York, missing in 1982. Her maiden name was McCormack, is it possible the ring initials were McC. Just a thought.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/durst_kathleen.html

I also wonder if the Dursts actually own the building this Jane Doe was found in.

You have to understand also about this Jane Doe, the reason why they are pegging the mid-eighties as the time of her death is the rat poison bag. I personally called the Manhatten detectives on this case, they would not confirm if that bag was buried in with her , nor the toy soldier. So I suppose this is possible.

Also I think Durst would have had the means to have this much concrete delivered to this building, especially if his family owns the building, he could have actually ordered that floor closed so he would have time to construct this tomb. I wonder who owns the restaurant that is next door who uses the area where this body was found for refrigeration.

Why is there no description of Kathleen Durst ??

Also when Gilberte Najamy broke into Durst's house, she found a list of things he had been doing that week, in his handwriting, and he had purchased new boots. Maybe because his old boots were covered with concrete???

I don't know what Kathy Durst's first or middle name is (Kathleen may be her middle name, ya never know) but I did see that Doe Network added her height since the last time I looked and it says five feet five inches, so I guess this cannot be her unless the "approximate" height of 5'2" was really approximate due to the skeletonized condition of the body.

I thought for sure I had something here due to the location this body was found, I'm still looking into it, just to make sure. I want to know who owned that building in 1982.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back