GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

Thanks Noway for the links.

I found this today and looks like it was posted today.

Ground search for Newburgh boy ends

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/2010/January/03/Bookal_search-03Jan10.htm

NEWBURGH – Police in the City of Newburgh have ended ground searches for now for Marc Bookal, the 4-year-old boy who disappeared from his home on December 14, 2009.

“We are not actively conducting ground searches for Marc at this time,” said Lt. Charles Broe. “The detectives and investigators are still actively working the case, though.”

Police searched every corner of the extended area around Marc’s home as well as the Hudson River and its shoreline.

NEWBURGH – Police in the City of Newburgh have ended ground searches for now for Marc Bookal, the 4-year-old boy who disappeared from his home on December 14, 2009.

“We are not actively conducting ground searches for Marc at this time,” said Lt. Charles Broe. “The detectives and investigators are still actively working the case, though.”

Police searched every corner of the extended area around Marc’s home as well as the Hudson River and its shoreline.

Can't wait to hear his mom's reaction to this. She has already been very vocal about LE not doing enough. While they were in icy water looking, her "man" was in a warm jail cell saying nothing. He knows what he did to
Marc.

Praying for Marc daily. I hope he is found soon.

I'm glad Cory is being held on parole violation. I hope LE is able to get more surveillance video that shows where Cory took Marc that day.

Just doing a check-in to see if there is any news on this poor child. Yes, the biological parents passed polys, but what about Cory Byrd? I assume he has a lawyer and the lawyer says not to take it.
It is pretty obvious IMO what happened. I just hope that Byrd is working out some deal with LE to plead down and reveal where the little child's body is.
May God bless this child - he is now in a happy place, without loser, neglectful and abusive parents. I can see him playing and smiling. All IMOHO, of course.
Hopefully, Byrd will talk soon, and we can put this case to rest.:bateyes:

Just doing a check-in to see if there is any news on this poor child. Yes, the biological parents passed polys, but what about Cory Byrd? I assume he has a lawyer and the lawyer says not to take it.
It is pretty obvious IMO what happened. I just hope that Byrd is working out some deal with LE to plead down and reveal where the little child's body is.
May God bless this child - he is now in a happy place, without loser, neglectful and abusive parents. I can see him playing and smiling. All IMOHO, of course.
Hopefully, Byrd will talk soon, and we can put this case to rest.:bateyes:

Yep, Christina and Yul Bookal, have taken polygraph tests (and their answers were truthful).

Byrd declined. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/912220320 Cory Byrd, declined; the rejection came via Byrd’s attorney, Erik Indzonka.

Bumping for Marc.

My prayers go to all those who love Marc.

I just spoke to a gentleman from Channel 2 news (stopped in hubby's shop).. he just came from Newburgh. According to him they are starting searches again closer to Marc's home based on new tips. I'll keep an eye on the news for anymore info.

Police Resume Search for Missing 4-Year-Old Newburgh Boy

NEWBURGH, N.Y. (AP) -- Police have resumed the search for a 4-year-old Hudson Valley boy last seen Dec. 14.

Newburgh police called off the search for Marc Anthony Bookal earlier this week, saying they covered the areas they wanted to check. But police spokesman Lt. Charles Broe says a smaller search team began rechecking some areas around the boy's apartment Friday based on new information. Broe could not elaborate on the information.

Broe says police will search again on Saturday.

more here

http://www.wcbs880.com/Search-Resumes-for-Missing-4-Year-Old-Boy/6073276

Jan 8, 2010 7:45 pm US/Eastern

Cops Resume Search For Missing Newburgh 4-Year-Old
Marc Bookal Missing Since Dec. 14; City Cops, Search Covering Ground Within 10-Block Radius Of Boy's Home

NEWBURGH, N.Y. (CBS) ―
Four-year-old Marc Anthony Bookal disappeared back in December, and police suddenly resumed their search effort Friday, combing a 10-block radius near the boy's home.

More than three weeks after the boy disappeared without a trace, police were back at a vacant school behind his Newburgh home, using a rescue and cadaver dog to search the building and others in the neighborhood.

Investigators say a new tip brought them to the area.
Police not only searched the vacant school and other buildings, but also combed the entire block – and they'll be back on the search Saturday.

Police combed the area up to the Hudson River Friday, but say they don't plan on searching the river again.

more here

http://wcbstv.com/local/missing.newburgh.child.2.1414446.html

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100109/NEWS/1090333

Police resume search for boy, 4

New lead cited in Newburgh disappearance

By Michael Randall
Times Herald-Record
Posted: January 09, 2010 - 2:00 AM

CITY OF NEWBURGH — Police will hit the streets again Saturday as they continue pursuing a new lead in the disappearance of Marc Anthony Bookal.

The ground search for the missing 4-year-old boy resumed Friday, only four days after city police declared it was over. By day's end, the search had turned up nothing new.

City police spokesman Lt. Charles Broe said investigators "developed new information" that prompted the reopening of the search.

He wouldn't say what that new information was, but on Friday it led a team of city and state police, including one trooper with a K-9 partner, to the block where Bookal lives, and where he was last seen.

Police searched in vacant buildings and backyards in the block bounded by Liberty, Renwick and South Lander streets and Benkard Avenue.

That included another search inside the long-vacant Liberty Street School. Broe said the school has been searched not only by cop-dog teams but by investigators from the state Office of Fire Prevention and Control, whose specialty is searching through burned-out buildings.

The initial ground search covered the entire southeast quadrant of the city, and police also searched the Hudson River extensively.

Broe said the new search is focusing on the blocks nearest to Bookal's 11 Benkard Ave. home.

It might continue beyond Saturday depending on what police find.

Bookal disappeared from his home Dec. 14. His mother's live-in boyfriend, Cory Byrd, 30, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.

Byrd has not been named as a suspect in the boy's disappearance but remains in Orange County Jail on the endangering charge and a parole violation.

He is due in City Court next week.

mrandall@th-record.com

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100109/NEWS/100109755

No clues found during Saturday's search for missing Newburgh boy

Posted: January 09, 2010 - 3:37 PM

CITY OF NEWBURGH — The search for 4-year-old Marc Bookal yielded no results on Saturday.

City police resumed their search for the missing boy Friday after they received new tips. That effort continued Saturday with help from state police and volunteer search dogs, but no new clues were found.

Newburgh Lt. Charles Broe said that police will not search Sunday and they're unsure whether they'll sweep the streets, lawns and vacant buildings again Monday. Bookal has been missing since Dec. 14.

Adam Bosch

=====

Where is Laura Garza?

I wondered whether the 'new tip' was surveillance video of Marc and Cory.

I hope something pans out soon.

This reminds me of Hasanni Campbell's case.

Wow, I hope they resume searching tomorrow.
Sounds like they are not sure if they will or not.

This baby needs to be found!!!

Praying for Marc and all who love him.

I'm wondering how long this boyfriend/stepfather (whatever) was alone with Marc.
How long was he watching him?
If he says Marc went missing around 1:00 pm, who knows really.
I hope the search warrant gives more clues and Marc is found safe soon.

But, my hinky meter is exploding right now.
Previous burns on hands does not sound good at all.

Please watch over Marc Lord.

ITA. I pray marc is found, tho my hope meter is dark.
This creepo had so much past, it must stop with these angels
being sent to live with monsters.

CITY OF NEWBURGH — Cory Byrd's lawyer pressed a demand to see the evidence against his client in City Court Friday morning.
But the Orange County District Attorney's Office is opposing that request. They're also considering whether to take the case to a grand jury.
City Court Judge B. Harold Ramsey said he'll rule on the demand Jan. 25.
City police have said that the investigation into Marc Anthony Bookal's disappearance is continuing.
(snip)

But Christina Bookal, who remains convinced the boy is still alive, said after attending Byrd's court appearance that she's not satisfied that all possible steps are being taken. She continued to criticize police for focusing on Byrd.
"I'm quite sure there are plenty of people who saw something," she said. "My 4-year-old is out there somewhere. Bring my son home."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100116/NEWS/1160323/-1/NEWS

The only person who knows what happened to her son is sitting behind bars.. and this woman is delusional if she believe otherwise. For her to continue to support that and to criticize LE makes me sick.

They hit on Marc's scent near the river lady.. why would your 4year old be near the river? Why would you continue to support someone who has hurt your children in the past? I know the ... couldn't have been that good... That you would put your children's safety at risk to keep him around?!?!? If they do end up letting Byrd out.. I think she should have her children removed from the home.. bc you know that's the first place he's going and it will only be a matter of time before we hear about another one of her children mysteriously disappearing!
:banghead:

Marc's album is updated.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Marc%20Bookal/

Cory Byrd will be back in court Tuesday.

He has no reason to tell where Marc is. I wish we did not make it so easy for people to keep quiet about what they did with the missing person when clearly they know.
Sigh... yeah, I know...

Anyways, Cory on Fri:
cory15jan10.jpg

My only hope is that they put this dirtbag in gen pop and the NYSP allows the prisoners to beat Marc's location out of him! Maybe once he's surrounded by bubba and his cronies he'll start singing like a canary!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back