NY NY - Maria Brabazon, 55, Queens, 5 Sept 2015

The badly decomposed remains that were discovered in a heavily wooded area of Flushing‘s Kissena Park on Feb. 8 were those of a man who took his own life, according to the commanding officer of the 109th Precinct.

“While it was a very unfortunate situation, what it ended up being was a male who had gone missing,” Inspector Judith Harrison reported on April 19 at the 109th Precinct Community Council meeting in Flushing. “He wasn’t a victim of a crime; he wasn’t murdered. He had left a note and he had taken his own life.”

http://qns.com/story/2017/04/20/decomposed-body-found-flushing-park-probably-months-cops-say/

Queens mother of 3 argued with husband over Sandy-ravaged home, then vanished

Peter Brabazon thought his wife, Maria, would be eager to move forward with renovations on their Sandy-ravaged home in Massapequa, Long Island.

The couple had been living at a property they owned in Whitestone, Queens, while plans were made to re-build their damaged house, which overlooked the water.

The disagreement over the location of a stairway in the Massapequa house spawned one of Maria's "episodes," according to her two, adult daughters and her husband, who met with PIX11. The couple also has a son.

By September 5, 2015, 56-year-old Maria had spent several nights sleeping in her silver mini-van, instead of coming home.

With her husband upstate for Labor Day weekend, Maria Brabazon called her son and two daughters to say she loved them. She had gotten the minivan checked, because her inspection certificate expired, and she stopped at BJ's in College Point to buy a bottle with 180 sleeping pills.

At 3 p.m., Maria Brabazon left the Whitestone house with a white plastic bag. She had left her phone, wallet and identification behind.

For the first time, on this two year anniversary of Maria's disappearance, her family is revealing she suffered from "severe, psychotic depression" at times.

"She had imbalances," Peter Brabazon said. "She got angry very quickly."

Maria Brabazon had tried to commit suicide before, by taking sleeping pills in 2009, but Nassau County police tracked her down by tracking her cell phone. When Brabazon disappeared in 2015, she left her cell phone at the house in Queens.

Peter Brabazon said his wife used to attend meetings with Jehovah's Witnesses and spent hours writing Bible verses.

PIX11 met up with an elder from the Bayside Kingdom Hall, where Maria Brabazon used to attend meetings once a year.

"We lost pretty much all contact with her," Dennis Novick said. "She was a very nice person. She was upset much of the time."

Peter Brabazon said his wife blamed him for much of her unhappiness.

"One of the last things she said to me is, 'I'm not crazy,'" Peter Brabazon recalled.

"If she walked off and is still alive somewhere, we'd like her to notify us."

http://pix11.com/2017/09/05/queens-...e53&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

This seems like a suicide. However, the disagreement with the husband and the fact that he was the last one to see her gives me pause.

ETA: Wait, was the husband the last person to see her? It had always seemed so, but the most recent article indicates that he was "upstate for Labor Day".

This seems like a suicide. However, the disagreement with the husband and the fact that he was the last one to see her gives me pause.

Yeah, I'm on the fence with this one.

Where was the husband going for his Upstate Labor Day Weekend ?? Were his children going with him ? Or was he meeting people ?

I am very sympathetic to anyone who lost their homes or had so much damage that they had to renovate. Many people who live near the water in Mass. NY had to raise their homes feet off the ground--- friends of Mr HC had to raise theirs about 8 feet.....stressful and then some !!!

It has the feel of suicide......but leaning toward voluntarily disappearing.

Bump

4 Unidentified Person Exclusions

<modsnip: Graphic images removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members