NY - Mark David Chapman & the murder of John Lennon, 1980

I was VERY VERY sadden by John's death :( :( I loved the Beatles, even to this day. I never understood what he saw in Yoko but she must have had something he really liked. He could have had his pick of lots of women.. He was rich and very famous and even sexy :blushing: IMO. There was just something about him.. :crazy:

Y'all still liked John even after this picture???? :)

lennon.jpg

YES it matters! He is entitled to it. It is his. I can't stand Ono.

:loser: :loser:

I agree. It DOES matter. He's entitled to it - it's his. She's pathetic. Never could stand her. Seems like a MAYJA beotch.

I've always liked Julian. I even like his music. I think both he and his mother have handled the whole inheritance thing with class - something OH NO doesn't have.

Funny this thread should come up. Me and hubby were just discussing the Virgin Album (is that what is was called) tonight at dinner.

ETA: You guys made me bust out Hey Jude on YouTube.

Y'all still liked John even after this picture???? :)

lennon.jpg

I always thought it was kind of sweet :)

Remember a few years ago when John Lennon's artwork was on diapers? What was up with that? Did she sell his artwork, too? How could she possibly NEED any more money?

How could she continue to live in the Dakota when she would have to pass the area where her hubby was killed?
I dont think I could. she still lives there, in sumptious luxury (according to article I read)
I didnt like her after I read an article by Julian saying his Mom took a 100,000 settlement and they lived middle clas life while John and Ono lived in LUXURY.:furious:
I think John and Ono were both hypocrites, what was with the Peace, Love and bla bla bla?? Anf she fights with Julian, Johns other son over the Will? yea, Yoko you can fool some people but not all. I hope Julian gets himself a good lawyer. That pic of Joh naked all over her was disgusting, it seems they were always trying to make some kind of dumb statement:rolleyes:
It doesnt surprise me that she sold out his song, shes all about the $$$

How could she continue to live in the Dakota??

My theory? She never loved John, at least not in the rapturous way he loved her. It was really about being married to a Beatle and the millions for her. If she ever truly loved John, she couldn't have mistreated Julian the way she did. In the photos I've seen of John and Yoko, it was always John sopping all over her, never the other way around. Yes, I think it made her sad when he was killed, but I don't think she ever had the feelings for him he has for her...she loved the $$$$ and the chance for him to make her famous simply by being his wife.

Well, whatever we think of her, she was obviously the one for John. IMO, that's all that really matters. I've never been a big fan of her art or music, though.

YES it matters! He is entitled to it. It is his. I can't stand Ono.

:loser: :loser:

I am no fan of Yoko... but I also blame John. He's the one that left his own son out of his will. But, if Yoko had a heart she would have given Julian his due.

I looked around and found mention that Julian, after fighting for 16 years finally received a settlement (which is - he should have received a heck of a lot more!):

Julian Lennon, 44, John's son with his first wife Cynthia, fought a legal battle for almost 16 years before he received a multi-million pound settlement from Yoko Ono, his father's second wife and executor of his estate, thought to be worth up to £300 million($600 million).

Julian Lennon's inheritance was not laid down in his father's will, written shortly before he was shot dead outside his New York home in 1980.

Ono, who has control over the estate, had said she would make a settlement when she felt Julian had become "mature''. He finally got his slice of the fortune when he was 32.

http://www.photos.mccartney.net/john.htm

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Yoko sell a photo of John's bloodstained glasses for a large amount of money?? She released her album "Season of Glass' and had John's blood stained glasses on the cover of the album. Ones who were once Yoko fans were horrified that she did that and they did not purchase her albums after that.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Julian is the spitting image of his dad... with a gorgeous singing voice.

The image posted of John and Yoko: Annie Leibovitz captured a very telling image... John is almost fetus-like as he clings to her... which is telling in that Yoko did control him in the way a possessive parent controls a child. Leibovitz's image is one of her best... it reveals soooooo much. Sadly, that was taken the day he was killed... :(

Yes, she did put his blood-stained glasses on her album... :|

Well, whatever we think of her, she was obviously the one for John. IMO, that's all that really matters. I've never been a big fan of her art or music, though.

You are exactly right IM. IMO, she sucks as an artist and musician, but John obviously loved her. No one should have to defend who they love or why they love them. I do feel sorry for Julian though.

Can't stand the B*tch! She's a dog!:mad:
My thought exactly!!! John was a good man with a big heart. I may have not be around for all of it but I have read proabaly everything possible on him. In fact one baby name i am tossing around is Lennon Micheal after him.

My thought exactly!!! John was a good man with a big heart. I may have not be around for all of it but I have read proabaly everything possible on him. In fact one baby name i am tossing around is Lennon Micheal after him.

I don't know if I quite agree with that. John had some issues. He had problems with anger,drinking,drugs,would mock the handicapped,and could be cruel with biting come backs when joking around,smacked Cynthia in the face for dancing with another guy. I loved John,but he did have some major problems.But "wow",he could write and sing some great songs!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back