NY NY - Mary Anne Wesolowski, 13, Glens Falls, 18 Aug 1971

Paul, if you read here from time to time maybe you can provide some insight? Does anything stand out to you about the day Mary Anne went missing? There aren't a lot of details about the circumstances regarding her disappearance. So she was supposed to meet friends and then go to the cove? And she was to relay a message to your stepfather who was already at the cove? Was she meeting friends at someone's house or at the cove? Do you know what the message was?

Found some more details online

Mary Anne Wesolowski went missing from 44 Hudson Ave., on August 18th. Mary Anne was told to go back to Haviland Cove, to tell her mom's boyfriend, Chuck Phillips, to come home. Earlier that morning, Mary Anne, her brother Paul, and one of her girlfriends were at the beach at Haviland Cove, and saw Chuck with another woman. When they told their mom, she told Mary Anne to go back and tell Chuck to come home. MaryAnne went to the corner of Hudson Ave. and Spring St, (road configuration has changed since Urban Renewal in 1971) where Her brother Paul asked her if he could go with her. She told him to stay home, she would be back soon. NO ONE has seen her since...

This puts a different spin on things. Did they even question the stepfather?

That one was identified as someone else, per the update on the link.

It's not Mary Anne.

"Update: She was identified as 16-year-old Janice Marie Brock Young of Virginia in May 2015. She ran away from home in 1973."

She looks older and more adult here than she did in the other pic where she looks little.

Mary Anne Wesolowski went missing from 44 Hudson Ave., on August 18th. Mary Anne was told to go back to Haviland Cove, to tell her mom's boyfriend, Chuck Phillips, to come home. Earlier that morning, Mary Anne, her brother Paul, and one of her girlfriends were at the beach at Haviland Cove, and saw Chuck with another woman. When they told their mom, she told Mary Anne to go back and tell Chuck to come home. MaryAnne went to the corner of Hudson Ave. and Spring St, (road configuration has changed since Urban Renewal in 1971) where Her brother Paul asked her if he could go with her. She told him to stay home, she would be back soon. NO ONE has seen her since...

You pose a very good question. And that does indeed put a different spin on things.

getImage

Missing From: GLENS FALLS, New York
Date Missing: 08/18/1971

MARYANNE WESOLOWSKI
DOB: 06/24/1958
Sex: Female
HGT: 4'05"
WGT: 91 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

Other Information: Maryanne left her residence en route to Havilland Cove along the Hudson River and has not been seen since. She has crooked teeth and has a butterfly shaped scar on her upper chest. She was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, red and white shorts and a black leather belt. Photo on right has been age progressed to 53 years.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/#/missing-child/89

getImage

Missing From: GLENS FALLS, New York
Date Missing: 08/18/1971

MARYANNE WESOLOWSKI
DOB: 06/24/1958
Sex: Female
HGT: 4'05"
WGT: 91 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Race: White

Other Information: Maryanne left her residence en route to Havilland Cove along the Hudson River and has not been seen since. She has crooked teeth and has a butterfly shaped scar on her upper chest. She was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, red and white shorts and a black leather belt. Photo on right has been age progressed to 53 years.

http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/missing/#/missing-child/89
She looks much different in the picture on the left from the way she looks in the picture on page one. I think she must be younger than 13 in that other picture.

I wonder whether she was the type to be confrontational with her stepfather. If she was, then he most likely lost his temper and killed her. (Even if she wasn't confrontational with him, I think that he almost certainly killed her.)

That puts a completely different spin on things. I wonder if local LE have followed up in recent years with the stepfather? Did he have an alibi? Did he take a poly exam?

Trying to compare the earlier posted Alcala photos, with that newer ("older looking" than original) picture of Mary Anne:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Maryanne Wesolowski (157x170).jpg
    Maryanne Wesolowski (157x170).jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Alcala Photos 0094.jpg
    Alcala Photos 0094.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 94
  • Alcala Photos 0044.jpg
    Alcala Photos 0044.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 96
  • Alcala Photos 0040.jpg
    Alcala Photos 0040.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 94
I've read that she was last seen walking on Broad St., which is one of the busiest roads in Glens Falls, either to or from Haviland's Cove. One interesting thing i found is that she had recently moved to GF the previous year due to her parents divorce. She had written a note to her mother that said "I'm leaving, I might miss you." and another to her sister (that she never mailed) stating how she "hated Glens Falls and couldn't wait for the summer to start." She disappeared towards the end of the summer, so maybe she decided to run away before school began again? There has been speculation of Kenneth Yarter's involvement. Yarter has been convicted of rapes around the country and a murder in Argyle, NY and worked near where Mary Anne was walking. I read in a separate article that she was going to a sub shop. Possibly where he was employed? But Yarter denied involvement.

Trying to compare the earlier posted Alcala photos, with that newer ("older looking" than original) picture of Mary Anne:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I agree, she does not look anything like the women in those photos.

I've read that she was last seen walking on Broad St., which is one of the busiest roads in Glens Falls, either to or from Haviland's Cove. One interesting thing i found is that she had recently moved to GF the previous year due to her parents divorce. She had written a note to her mother that said "I'm leaving, I might miss you." and another to her sister (that she never mailed) stating how she "hated Glens Falls and couldn't wait for the summer to start." She disappeared towards the end of the summer, so maybe she decided to run away before school began again? There has been speculation of Kenneth Yarter's involvement. Yarter has been convicted of rapes around the country and a murder in Argyle, NY and worked near where Mary Anne was walking. I read in a separate article that she was going to a sub shop. Possibly where he was employed? But Yarter denied involvement.

Hi maddiecarp, welcome. Thank you for the info.

Wonder if the boyfriend got angry with her and killed her to get even with the mom?

I think the boyfriend may have killed her to get back at HER-she saw him with another woman, assume she went home and told her mother, who sent her right back to tell him to come home. Doesn’t it sound like the boyfriend/stepfather knew why Mary Anne’s mom wanted him home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back