Deceased/Not Found NY - Michele Harris, 35, Owego, 11 Sep 2001

http://www.timesjournalonline.com/details.asp?id=93268

Ten jurors have been seated for the Schoharie County trial of Owego businessman Calvin Harris, charged and convicted twice in the 2001 murder of his wife, Michele.

Jury selection began Thursday and was adjourned Tuesday because of the expected snowstorm.

That leaves four more jurors and an undetermined number of alternates to be picked in what Judge George Bartlett has said will likely be a six to eight week trial.

http://www.binghamtonhomepage.com/s...-in-harris-trial/20943/1AU69-8DfEGYSIiDYr5OwQ

The prosecution gave their opening statements last week, which defense lawyer Donna Aldea picked apart Tuesday in Schoharie County Court.

Aldea said that while Harris and Michelle, his wife he is accused of killing in 2001, had problems, they weren't unlike any other strained marriage. She also said the police never pursued other suspects, and that because neither a body nor a weapon were ever found, there is no real proof Harris was the killer.

I just read an article with the nanny's testimony. She said she watched the kids for Michelle when she went to work on Sept. 11, 2001, until CH came home. Then was called by CH the next morning to come back and help get the kids ready for school as Michelle hadn't come home. However, Michelle's van was there the next day. I'm assuming it wasn't there when the nanny left so how did it get back there if Michelle never returned?

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Judge-denies-motion-for-a-mistrial-291398021.html

I live in this area and remember thinking when I heard of her missing that the date was just too convenient. Just a gut feeling but it's stuck with me all these years.

Most people convicted of murder never win their appeal for a new trial-and this man has won two appeals. That is quite remarkable to me! Does he have the right kind of friends, or what?

He is very wealthy so can afford a good defence team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/A-look-into-the-search-for-Michele-Harris--293929891.html

A large search was conducted on Harris' property in the town of Spencer, Empire Lake and beyond, on Sept. 13-14, 2001. Leading the search was now-retired forest ranger Terry Figery... He said 139 people, including New York State Police, divers, dogs, volunteers and more, searched for Michele for a combined 931 hours those two days... "Nothing was found to give any direction on where she may be," Figery told the court.

In November, the NYSP recalled now-retired forest ranger Norman Jenson for an additional search of parts of the same land. Jenson testified on Nov. 14-15, 2001, approximately 60 people searched parts of the Harris property and land to the west side of Empire Lake again...

During cross examination, the defense pointed out that, according to tax maps, not all of the Harris' land was searched. Jenson testified these were the only areas the NYSP asked the forest rangers to search.

http://www.pressconnects.com/story/...is-boyfriend-testifies-murder-trial/24023763/

Brian Earley met Michele Harris in the fall of 2000 at a bar in Nichols, Tioga County. At that time, Earley, 23, was visiting from Philadelphia to go hunting with family and friends. Michele was a 35-year-old mother of four.

Their relationship progressed quickly, including weekend getaways to the Poconos in northeastern Pennsylvania. Earley moved to Tioga County in the summer of 2001, after securing a laborer job at a Vestal steel fabrication shop... On Wednesday, Earley recalled the last time he saw her.

They met at his apartment a little after 9 p.m. on Sept. 11, 2001, he said. She had just finished her waitress shift at Lefty's, a Waverly restaurant. Around 11 p.m., Earley said, he walked Michele back to her van. He told jurors: "I gave her a kiss goodbye and she drove off." Michele's van was found at 7 a.m. the next morning...

I am on the fence with this one. I thought it was the husband, at first. But that 48 hrs makes me wonder. She did have a few other boyfriends and things were messy with a few of them.

And the kids are totally supporting the father. So ?

Remember though... Drew Peterson's kids totally support him as well.... :dunno:

Julianne Peixoto ‏@JulianneWBNG 1h1 hour ago New York, USA
8th week of testimony begins today in #CalHarrisTrial

I so wish this trial was live streamed. I'm so afraid this guy may get off...

Hi Boodles :seeya:

I would post the tweets but I am in and out so much that I don't have the time.

Verdict awaited as Harris jury deliberates fifth day
11:35 a.m. EDT May 6, 2015

snip
On Tuesday, a declaration from jurors that they were deadlocked showed their first sign of division over the guilt or innocence of Cal Harris, 53, who is accused of killing his estranged wife, Michele Harris, on Sept. 11, 2001.

Since Thursday, deliberations have spanned about 16 hours.

Schoharie Judge George Bartlett on Tuesday urged jurors to continue their task of deciding the Spencer man's fate and reach a unanimous verdict.

Martin's case rests largely on circumstantial evidence. That includes small traces of blood spatter, some of which the district attorney has linked with Michele Harris' DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back