NY NY - MISSING PERSON: New York State Police in Bath need help, May 2015

Maybe they believe someone is being held hostage somewhere (and they're not wanting to give away info on that person for some reason - perhaps for their safety?) and they're trying to find the person who has the missing/being held person and believe this individual either knows their whereabouts or is involved? :thinking:

A LOT of interesting comments in the WENY thread!

Including:

someone mentioning seeing someone in something similar at a hotel a few days before, who then ended up in jail apparently (and she doesn't know if he's still there, obviously)

the mention of the possible John Doe found (who had been mentioned up thread)

a mention from person who has spoken with investigators b/c they look like things her father has and his phone is off

and now SEVERAL comments saying that they were found on a person in Wheeler (so seems like maybe news is breaking in it as several are mentioning it?)

https://www.facebook.com/wenytv/posts/10153325518189640

Although this press release does not provide a great deal of information, this case involves a high level of urgency and sensitivity. I have attached photos of the items described in the release, in hopes that you will be able to print them, where applicable. Additional information will be disseminated as it becomes available. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Sr. Inv. Curt Eaton
New York State Police - Bath

From tarabull's link above.

If there weren't the images and the fact that media surely checked it out, that strange release and wording and the whole urgency type thing could practically read like a Nigerian 419 scam email thing.

I realize that isn't the case, but darn if it likely isn't going to end up being used in one in some form or another down the road now!

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Just have no idea quite what that would be right now.

Is this ANYWHERE that's an actual media site besides WENY talking about this?

The only other thing I see is the aggregate blog (Regional News Network) who has the ::hush hush: version of the release)

It's strange that this is apparently so urgent and yet there's no where else mentioning it that I see :waitasec:

It's not even on the Steuben CO Sheriff Office (one of the agencies invovled) https://www.facebook.com/SteubenCSO or the NYSP who are supposedly the lead https://www.facebook.com/nyspolice on either their FB pages or websites...or not that I can find.

Someone on facebook said a man was found dead in that area with no shirt or shoes on and that an ambulance came and took him to the VA Hospital. Maybe they are trying to identify that man if he had no ID on him. It would be a very large man to wear a 3X shirt. My husband is 5'8" and 250 pounds and he only wears a 2x shirt. Size 12 shoes are fairly large too. The person on facebook said the man found dead was a black man. Of course, all that is rumor coming from a commenter on the news facebook page.

Ambulances don't take random people off the streets to VA facilities. They are veterans ONLY, and are not what you or I would typically think of an an ER.

Maybe they know these articles are stolen, and they are trying to find the owner. However, stealing some shoes wouldn't warrant such an investigation, unless the they had blood all over themselves or their belongings. Or some other criminalistic scenario.

Ambulances don't take random people off the streets to VA facilities. They are veterans ONLY, and are not what you or I would typically think of an an ER.

Edit: True. I thought I took my daughter there once, but I rechecked google maps and see that we took her to the Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital, also in town. So they did have an option, and chose to take this person to the VA facilities.

I just read through the Weny Facebook comments. These articles aren't from the missing person, but part of a MP investigation. I think they think whomever owns these articles is the person behind the MP, causing their disappearance.

Is this ANYWHERE that's an actual media site besides WENY talking about this?

The only other thing I see is the aggregate blog (Regional News Network) who has the ::hush hush: version of the release)

It's strange that this is apparently so urgent and yet there's no where else mentioning it that I see :waitasec:

It's not even on the Steuben CO Sheriff Office (one of the agencies invovled) https://www.facebook.com/SteubenCSO or the NYSP who are supposedly the lead https://www.facebook.com/nyspolice on either their FB pages or websites...or not that I can find.

I know it's very frustrating. I don't have access to Facebook at work and I'm sure many others don't check it for MSM so if I didn't check WS I wouldn't even know about this. Why isn't there any other news on this?

Granted, this is a very small town in a rural area.

I just read through the Weny Facebook comments. These articles aren't from the missing person, but part of a MP investigation. I think they think whomever owns these articles is the person behind the MP, causing their disappearance.

Thanks for this observation GigTu.

The articles of clothing are camouflage. The bandanna is black, with spiders, which seems a bit off as a choice, but it is black. So could this be the items of kidnapper or abductor, blending in to background, with light hair, perhaps, dealing with water, boats, or not leaving evidence thus a change of shoes. It's not good to speculate with so little info, so this is just out there thoughts.

All the items seem to be well worn out and not very clean. The shirt is crumpled like it was stuffed somewhere for some time (look at the twisted pocket flaps), I don't think anyone has been wearing it lately.

I wonder if they found these clothing items next to a bridge or river or even the scene of an accident. The first two scenarios could indicate a suicide (or accidental fall) with no body and no idea who the person was. Maybe a witness saw the person jump or fall? An accident scenario - someone could've fled the scene & car could've been stolen?

I usually wear a bandana like this under my helmet when riding my motorcycle. I was thinking about a person calling police thinking that they witnessed an abuction and these item where found near the scene.

I usually wear a bandana like this under my helmet when riding my motorcycle. I was thinking about a person calling police thinking that they witnessed an abuction and these item where found near the scene.

Yes, and bicycle riders wear it too, under their helmets, and they wear special shoes too, could that explain the shoes left behind?

Size 12 shoe and spiders both point to a male, if I'm generalizing.

I have several articles of camo print I wear to my job, but they are actually business quality blousy material shirts and high quality slacks, and I'm a girlie-girl woman, so I can pull it off with pumps and jewelry and hair. ;)

It's definitely belongings of someone who is not wearing them to a mainstream 9-5 business complex.

Been digging a bit in the net and I found out that the spideys from the bandana are called tribal spiders, one of them (small spider on the bottom of the head wrap, just in the middle of it) is a norse spider and is used as a tattoo design. I haven't been able to find an exact model of the bandana, though.

and this individual had no tattoos help ID or had no jewelry on?

This man will be about 6'3" and weigh about 280+. BIG man.

Seems like they would list a Found John Doe if remains, or an unconscious live person, had been found rather than showing the clothes he was wearing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back