NY NY- Patterson, human remains found during excavation work @ house build, Female, White, 16-28, extensive dental work, deceased 10 yrs+, 16/4/24

dotr

Reaction score
'On April 16, 2024, the New York State Police from the Brewster barracks was notified of human remains found during excavation work at the property of a new home build in the town of Patterson.

This investigation is still in its infancy, but Investigators have confirmed that the unidentified remains are that of a white female approximately between 16 and 28 years of age with extensive dental work present. It is believed that the victim has been deceased for more than 10 years.

Anyone with any possible information is asked to please contact the New York State Police at 845-677-7300.'

''Investigators from the New York State Police and Carmel Police Department can confirm that the DNA sample collected does not match the profile of missing Robin Murphy.''

Robin Murphy is ruled out

But then, after noting that the investigation is ongoing, and urging anyone with information to contact state police at 845-677-7300, the conclusive line: "Investigators from the New York State Police and Carmel Police Department can confirm that the DNA sample collected does not match the profile of missing Robin Murphy.

The body was found in the area of Ice Pond Road in Patterson.

The body was found in the area of Ice Pond Road in Patterson.
Photo Credit: Google Maps/Pixabay via Diego Fabian Parra Pabon

@othram This would be such a perfect use case for the power of fast ID. Hoping NY State Police and Carmel PD might be open to it. Imagine if Othram ID’d this within a month or two? Was this not the fantasy of tens of thousands of LE for the last 100 years? (Maybe more, and maybe longer). Cheering you on!

This is fairly accessible to I-84, but I'd think whoever put her there had some working knowledge of the back roads. This area is heavily wooded, and one could be there quite awhile in the wee hours without worry of seeing another person. A body wouldn't have to be far from the road, or even covered if left in the summer months, to decompose and then go undetected for a very long time. The initial smell of decomp (if even detected for it's short duration) would likely be attributed to a deer. It sounds as if she was in a ditch, and the leaf litter would be substantial in a decade+, esp if she was covered w/ branches, etc. at the time she was left there.

I'm wondering about Kathy Durst, as I'm in the camp that believes she never left South Salem. She may have been kept until the ground thaw in the spring, but Robert could have brought her to Patterson that winter.

Hoping the area is thoroughly checked so we don't another skeleton or remains discovered years from now that was only yards away and could've been found now.

The Connecticut River Valley serial killer's still-missing victims might be a possibility, though they're from a bit farther away. Twitter post shows the poster from the New Hampshire Cold Case Unit:

She was added to NamUs - UP122013

NCMEC Number 2019920
ME/C Case Number 24-018

Biological Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Height 5' 2"-5' 8"(62-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 16, 2024
NamUs Case Created May 13, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Patterson, New York 12563
County Putnam County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery On April 16, 2024, skeletonized human remains were discovered buried in a concrete casting during construction excavation in Patterson, New York.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Clothing
Dark blue sweatpants, light colored hooded sweatshirt, and light colored underwear.
Also, a brown BIC lighter was located in the pocket of the victim's sweatshirt.

She was added to NamUs - UP122013

NCMEC Number 2019920
ME/C Case Number 24-018

Biological Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Height 5' 2"-5' 8"(62-68 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 16, 2024
NamUs Case Created May 13, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Patterson, New York 12563
County Putnam County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) --
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery On April 16, 2024, skeletonized human remains were discovered buried in a concrete casting during construction excavation in Patterson, New York.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

Clothing
Dark blue sweatpants, light colored hooded sweatshirt, and light colored underwear.
Also, a brown BIC lighter was located in the pocket of the victim's sweatshirt.
I wonder what it means by concrete casting? Was it just pored around the remains in the hole or before? If before, what shape was it? Also, I don't see anything about DNA?

I wonder what it means by concrete casting? Was it just pored around the remains in the hole or before? If before, what shape was it? Also, I don't see anything about DNA?
Rbbm
''State and Carmel police confirmed that a DNA sample collected from human remains does not match the profile of a Putnam County teen who went missing nearly 30 years ago.''

Well, that's certainly interesting. Transporting a body already encased and sealed in concrete would be less likely to be discovered than one in the trunk, wrapped in carpet or under other cargo etc, if a traffic stop were to happen. I'm assuming transported because if you left a body in the middle of nowhere you wouldn't need to encase it, but if you really wanted to, are you lugging Quikcrete into the woods?

It sounds to me more like the body was encased before a dump location was picked, possibly because the body was being held. And needed to 1) not smell or be considered overly suspicious like a newly paved patio, freshly created flower bed or retiled basement 2) could, in theory, be moved by only one person and 3) last awhile because the ground was still frozen. I wouldn't doubt if that casing was either in a barrel and the metal rusted away leaving just the concrete, OR (perhaps info not released yet?) it was pieces of concrete, not one mass. In that case I can envision a dismemberment and Quikcrete project taking place.

I'm still circling on Kathy Durst. Robert Durst was not only bats%*t crazy, but relatively thorough in his younger years. Case in point being I believe there were other victims, i.e. Lynn Schulze, beyond those confirmed. He also knew his way around a dismemberment, and would have access to NYS real estate records, property development grids, etc

Meanwhile, they should be able to determine the lighter manufacture date-range, starting with whether it was a child "proof" safety model. Same for the clothing if it had readable tags or logo/design. If it's Durst's doing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the teeth were missing. Back then he wouldn't be thinking about DNA, but he'd know to remove teeth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NomDePlumme
Back