NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 #11

Robert Michael Mayer, a married father of two living in Carle Place, left his house in June 2013 to go to his job as an electrician in Brooklyn and never returned. Mayer’s car was found at the Deer Park train station and — despite an intense search by police, family and friends — he was never found.

For those who stay missing for longer than three years in New York State, their families can petition the local surrogate court for a ruling that they are presumed dead, which allows probate and financial matters to be resolved.

But there are a number of cases where the mystery surrounding the disappearances are never solved, and the lost remain missing for months, years and decades.

Their families are left wondering what happened. Ida Mayer, whose husband, Robert, has been gone more than10 years, expressed things in her own statement filed in Suffolk County Surrogate Court.

“Do I believe he is alive? No,” Ida Mayer wrote. “Rob never spent one night away from us. He loved me. He adored his children.”

Robert Michael Mayer, a married father of two living in Carle Place, left his house in June 2013 to go to his job as an electrician in Brooklyn and never returned. Mayer’s car was found at the Deer Park train station and — despite an intense search by police, family and friends — he was never found.

For those who stay missing for longer than three years in New York State, their families can petition the local surrogate court for a ruling that they are presumed dead, which allows probate and financial matters to be resolved.

But there are a number of cases where the mystery surrounding the disappearances are never solved, and the lost remain missing for months, years and decades.

Their families are left wondering what happened. Ida Mayer, whose husband, Robert, has been gone more than10 years, expressed things in her own statement filed in Suffolk County Surrogate Court.

“Do I believe he is alive? No,” Ida Mayer wrote. “Rob never spent one night away from us. He loved me. He adored his children.”
I would like for this guy to be found. I can’t decide if I think he committed suicide, or if I think he was murdered. I don’t believe he walked away from his family to start a new life.

I would like for this guy to be found. I can’t decide if I think he committed suicide, or if I think he was murdered. I don’t believe he walked away from his family to start a new life.
99% chance of suicide. His body is probably in one of the nature preserves out there. I wonder how thoroughly they were searched.

99% chance of suicide. His body is probably in one of the nature preserves out there. I wonder how thoroughly they were searched.
It can be really, really difficult to find someone’s body when they commit suicide in the woods. I mean, even though a person doesn’t necessarily try to hide their body-and when they’re looking for someone, they need to look “up”-that’s where many people who commit suicide are found, but they are so often missed when the searches happen.

He was from Dix Hills, not Carle Place.

The area around Edgewood was searched pretty thoroughly but it doesn't mean his body isn't there. :(

Ida Mayer seems to be pretty sure that someone else knows what happened to her husband-she doesn’t appear to believe that he committed suicide. But I am not so sure. In any event, I am disturbed that he might have felt that suicide was an answer for him-we had a family member who did this, and the people left behind never get over it-ever.

He did return home after work. He left his wallet, emptied his trunk and left. His car was located at a nearby subway stop.

Ida Mayer seems to be pretty sure that someone else knows what happened to her husband-she doesn’t appear to believe that he committed suicide.
I get why his family wouldn't want to think that, and yeah, nobody really knows for sure, but there is nothing to suggest that anyone else knows anything or was involved. The only clue that pointed them in that direction was that his seat was adjusted to someone else's size, which could have some other explanation. Perhaps he dropped something under his seat and moved it to get the item. Is it a great explanation? No. But it's also weak evidence to rule this a potential homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back