NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
true Eileen------just yesterday on the news--- Matthew Solomon convicted or murdering his wife Lisa--up for parole--- I remember the case vividly-- reported her missing on Christmas Eve---they fought -- he killed her--disposed of the body--"searched for her" and the rest is......well

I hear ya. Between work, the scrap yard and the station (him going home has never really been established, so I have to take that with a grain of salt) there appears to be nothing cut and dry. The train depot seems to be the red herring only because there is no apparent reason for him to go there and leave his car in with an obviously known transient encampment nearby. At least for an extended period of time. Too many bells ringing are telling me that he did not drive and leave his car there. Hell, it's not even known WHEN the car was left there. Available parking has always been a problem there so for RM to find that 'sweet spot' at that time of the day right up front and center....says a lot.

So true! For me, the car at the station has never made any sense. Add to that the fact that the K9s didn't track RMs scent, and I have to believe that RM didn't park that car. As I've said before, many of the details seem to *point* to different scenarios, but taken together they don't "work". I've even tried the "RM was having a nervous breakdown" theory, but I STILL can't picture him going anywhere near that train station. :dunno:

The car is a little confounding to me also--- I believe it was put there deliberately to foster the "disappeared" scenario. Over much was made of "he'd never park there/in a spot he parked at x years ago".

The scent not picked up???? Can't scents be muddled?? Rubbing alcohol, turpentine, nail polish remover, smoke, lime-----and I said it before--maybe RM's clothes were not given to the dogs to scent

Oh and if I vanish w/out saying goodbye--my computer is jumping to sleep mode-no clue why---so will take any techie advice

Maybe you should give it some....umm..well...you know....CAWFEE!!:drumroll:

Subsequently he attempted to kidnap a woman in broad daylight in Freeport. He was claiming to be a cop and ordered her into his car. She ran into a check cashing place and workers there called the cops. The man is obviously seriously ill mentally.

Yes! His story keeps getting worse. He also had an incident pre-vanishing, that involved him threatening two of his coworkers with a GUN...and was never charged. How can that be? :banghead:

The car is a little confounding to me also--- I believe it was put there deliberately to foster the "disappeared" scenario. Over much was made of "he'd never park there/in a spot he parked at x years ago".

The scent not picked up???? Can't scents be muddled?? Rubbing alcohol, turpentine, nail polish remover, smoke, lime-----and I said it before--maybe RM's clothes were not given to the dogs to scent

True, about the train station! As for the dogs, apparently a person's own car seat has a decent scent for them to work with. If LE had said: "the dogs only tracked him a short distance, and lost the scent", it would make some sense to me. From what I've recently read, it's VERY hard to "trick" a tracking dog.
:hiding:

its curious to say the least---IMO he left voluntarily--felt that way from the beginning-but my thoughts on RM's reasons have broadened

OK Angel--- heading out---------be safe and have a great day

maybe today we will get some news on this.

Its two months--- how much cash does he have, is he able to get more.......

He might be working
He's had 2 months you can go far in that amount t of time I think if he left on his own he is far far away.....

I hear ya. Between work, the scrap yard and the station (him going home has never really been established, so I have to take that with a grain of salt) there appears to be nothing cut and dry. The train depot seems to be the red herring only because there is no apparent reason for him to go there and leave his car in with an obviously known transient encampment nearby. At least for an extended period of time. Too many bells ringing are telling me that he did not drive and leave his car there. Hell, it's not even known WHEN the car was left there. Available parking has always been a problem there so for RM to find that 'sweet spot' at that time of the day right up front and center....says a lot.

Maybe someone was selling drugs at the train station parking lot? Perhaps RM had a problem? Although, the car seat being pushed forward is odd. Wish I knew if the rear view mirror was adjusted. That would defintely say someone else drove that car.

JMO

:floorlaugh: have thought about it!!!!

Try a Google search of your problem--include operating system in search terms. Someone has probably had the same problem and someone else helped solved it on an online forum. Are you on laptop or desktop? Mac or PC?

I've been wondering with the area the way it's described, Did someone leave the car there hoping it would get stolen? or stripped? Or something? But I guess if that's why they would've left the keys sooooooooooo never mind.:banghead:

I've been wondering with the area the way it's described, Did someone leave the car there hoping it would get stolen? or stripped? Or something? But I guess if that's why they would've left the keys sooooooooooo never mind.:banghead:

They probably wouldn't have left it up front, either. :banghead:

I have thought the same possible thing, parked at the station to make it look like he took a trip. His abductor may not know him from Adam, that he didn't like apples but left his car at the apple orchard. He may have rode the train several years ago but maybe his car really was a clunker then and that is why he did.

Maybe someone was selling drugs at the train station parking lot? Perhaps RM had a problem? Although, the car seat being pushed forward is odd. Wish I knew if the rear view mirror was adjusted. That would defintely say someone else drove that car.

JMO

Also dogs did not find his scent at the train station...
Wonder if he had gotten out of his car and somehow went directly into a another (say a big van) if the dogs would not pick that up...

OK Angel--- heading out---------be safe and have a great day

maybe today we will get some news on this.

Also dogs did not find his scent at the train station...
Wonder if he had gotten out of his car and somehow went directly into a another (say a big van) if the dogs would not pick that up...

I thought of that too, and I think that could possibly work.

Anyone else having trouble with site tonight?

I feel we've all tossed around many theories. Makes me dizzy and tired.
I was ready to just give up. :twocents:

I get tired of going around in circles with same questions over and over.
:scared: :banghead:

Driving home, I had a few thoughts.
Rob's car was found the next day. (there have been 3 versions as to who found the car).
Let's go with FAQ that good friend the car.
What did that person do next?
Call IM? "OMG! I found his car at the station!" or......... call LE?
What happened next? Did LE automatically arrive with dog?
What is SOP? (Standard operating procedure)
It's a busy Saturday evening on LI. I'm sure LE gets many calls.
Was the car towed away at that point as evidence? Did IM have a key?
Or was LE called, officer shows up and writes report?
How exactly were dogs called in so quickly?

Just tossing this around.......
Anyone with relatives in LE? Perhaps they could help with answers.
TIA. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member