NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, I think the writer of the article was trying to gain the sympathy of the reader by making his day and their relationship sound normal and routine. I think sometimes people get caught up in a story and forget the main characters are real people. My heart breaks for IM and her children.

I fear since there is no new information being shared on the case, people are going to lose interest. So many intelligent people here and on facebook willing to help and the information given is minimal at best.

I would like to see a new statement of facts released. If there is a fact that cant be confirmed because law enforcement has requested the answer not be given, state that. To me, you can plead for the publics help and then give them no info.

IMO

Robbie walked off the job left tools and lunch box drove to the scrap yard went home left his wallet took his bike and left his car and took off he's not coming home.

good point CuriousAmI----- there is a difference between saying someone is missing and providing info/clues on how to find them.

That has been a frustration of mine since the beginning. LE's job is not to discuss if he prefers Panera Bread or a neighborhood deli. No answers were ever to questions that have been asked several times (by me and others) and on FB as well.

The thing I took away from the blog post was the tools. That puts me right back on the fence.

Tools to an electrician are his livelihood. He cannot work without them. The fact that they are missing is huge, IMO.

So, what if he did take off with another woman? What if he's been carrying on with this woman and communicating using a second phone? It's not unheard of.

Here's a possible scenario (IMO):

- RM sells some copper to make some cash for his new life
- they take HER car, because it would be less conspicuous
- he doesn't need clothes because he's been leaving/buying clothes at gf's
- he forgets something and stops home that day before heading to meet with gf
- he turns off phone at home so it won't be tracked
- at some point he takes all of his tools out of the trunk and (puts them in her car? Wherever he put them they are someplace that he has access to them)
- because HE is going to do the driving, he drives her car to the station while she follows in his. This explains the seat being moved up.
- perhaps when she gets out of the car a water bottle falls on the ground. She picks it up and throws it on the seat, closes the door and jumps into her car without affixing the club because they are in a rush to not be seen. This explains dogs not finding his scent.

Or they took the train together and she drove while he ate his lunch. They don't affix the club because they barely make the train. Perhaps the dogs don't find his scent because the handlers didn't track from the passenger side (I'm less inclined to believe this, however).

The tools just jump out at me. Unless the trunk was emptied to put something else in it, I don't think they are worth much to anyone other than RM.

And the bike, well, he could have left his bike at the gf's house at some point in the days/weeks/whatever before June 14. We don't know how long it's been missing. Perhaps the bike was on a bike rack on her car when they took off.

I know it's hard to imagine anyone leaving their kids but maybe there is more to it that we just don't know. Perhaps he has some reason to be afraid of leaving IM the traditional way. Or perhaps the gf's significant other is the one to fear?

Which brings me to a giant hole in theory #78: Is the gf missing too? I wonder if there's any neighborhood gossip about a woman in the area taking off and leaving her husband?

Well, normal or abnormal, it is unfortunate that so little communication took place that day between RM and really everybody. Many of us have gotten used to constant contact and especially texting.
....and then again maybe he had another phone unbeknownst to IM for "personal" use..
I agree with the above post(ElizAvalon) to a certain extent because I find it hard to believe a man in apparently good health and of good size is taken against his will in the middle of the day in a well traveled area especially when he decides to leave work early that day.

The thing I took away from the blog post was the tools. That puts me right back on the fence.

Tools to an electrician are his livelihood. He cannot work without them. The fact that they are missing is huge, IMO.

So, what if he did take off with another woman? What if he's been carrying on with this woman and communicating using a second phone? It's not unheard of.

Here's a possible scenario (IMO):

- RM sells some copper to make some cash for his new life
- they take HER car, because it would be less conspicuous
- he doesn't need clothes because he's been leaving/buying clothes at gf's
- he forgets something and stops home that day before heading to meet with gf
- he turns off phone at home so it won't be tracked
- at some point he takes all of his tools out of the trunk and (puts them in her car? Wherever he put them they are someplace that he has access to them)
- because HE is going to do the driving, he drives her car to the station while she follows in his. This explains the seat being moved up.
- perhaps when she gets out of the car a water bottle falls on the ground. She picks it up and throws it on the seat, closes the door and jumps into her car without affixing the club because they are in a rush to not be seen. This explains dogs not finding his scent.

Or they took the train together and she drove while he ate his lunch. They don't affix the club because they barely make the train. Perhaps the dogs don't find his scent because the handlers didn't track from the passenger side (I'm less inclined to believe this, however).

The tools just jump out at me. Unless the trunk was emptied to put something else in it, I don't think they are worth much to anyone other than RM.

And the bike, well, he could have left his bike at the gf's house at some point in the days/weeks/whatever before June 14. We don't know how long it's been missing. Perhaps the bike was on a bike rack on her car when they took off.

I know it's hard to imagine anyone leaving their kids but maybe there is more to it that we just don't know. Perhaps he has some reason to be afraid of leaving IM the traditional way. Or perhaps the gf's significant other is the one to fear?

Which brings me to a giant hole in theory #78: Is the gf missing too? I wonder if there's any neighborhood gossip about a woman in the area taking off and leaving her husband?

I don't think there is a girl friend! To me it sounds like he was on a very short leash, possible he hit his breaking point! All jmo

People do senseless and stupid things all the time, which is why our prisons are so full. A couple of desperate druggies could have seen him in that GTO and thought he had money. Since he didn't have his wallet, he could have offered the tools in the trunk to spare his life. Maybe they didn't believe he didn't have his wallet, so they got very angry and things got bad. The perps then had to cover their tracks. Maybe they want people to think he left town to keep the police from looking too hard and put a little time and distance from the robbery.

Just one of my many theories . .

I agree that most of what you say is likely enough. But random (and apparently short - lol) druggies, as you say, have no advantage in making it seem that a stranger disappeared. There is more risk in driving the vehicle especially when you do not know who or where your victim is from. Add to that, you happpen to park in a prominent spot in the victim's local station. Is that smart (knowing that druggies probably aren't thinking well, as you mention)? That area is full of cemeteries, abandoned properties and strip malls if you wanted to get a vehicle as far away from the crime scene and maybe bide yourself more time. Idk... The car in the LIRR just causes me to wonder beyond the usual random crime.

Wish we knew if other people had searched the lot on Friday or earlier Saturday. Who left that prime parking spot open and at what time? Someone may not have seen RM but may have seen the red GTO parking in the lot. It is a little late now to stake out the station for witnesses.

....and then again maybe he had another phone unbeknownst to IM for "personal" use..

Well then, it is only unfortunate for IM and the family ( And maybe a little trendy upstart theatre in Williamsburgh (?).

Well then, it is only unfortunate for IM and the family ( And maybe a little trendy upstart theatre in Williamsburgh (?).

Well we don't know the rest of the story there is a reason this man is missing maybe one day we can find out why.

Yes you are correct. Deleted. Please delete your quoted post.

Has the 45 minutes been verified? IMO it was probably 4 or 5 minutes that was turned into 45.

Another thing to consider is this-----He was last seen at work in the morning by co-workers......but it never states what time they saw him LAST.

We are mostly assuming he left work a bit early and went to the scrap yard. But what if he left work right after this phone call with IM? He could have left work after this "45 Min" phone call (argument?), left at 10, left at 11, left at Noon...who knows?

he was confirmed there in the MORNING----Did anyone see him after 9am?? Was he really there until he was SCHEDULED to leave??

We just cant assume he was at work and worked a normal day, leaving a bit early, and on the way home/scrap yard just because the phone pings at 1:45 in Melville. He could have been gone most of the day for all we know.

Another thing to consider is this-----He was last seen at work in the morning by co-workers......but it never states what time they saw him LAST.

We are mostly assuming he left work a bit early and went to the scrap yard. But what if he left work right after this phone call with IM? He could have left work after this "45 Min" phone call (argument?), left at 10, left at 11, left at Noon...who knows?

he was confirmed there in the MORNING----Did anyone see him after 9am?? Was he really there until he was SCHEDULED to leave??

We just cant assume he was at work and worked a normal day, leaving a bit early, and on the way home/scrap yard just because the phone pings at 1:45 in Melville. He could have been gone most of the day for all we know.

Wasn't it said from the beginning that his coworkers last saw him at 12:30?

Wasn't is said from the beginning that his coworkers last saw him at 12:30?

Thanks for bringing that up, I dont recall that exactly...but then that solves that issue fairly easily.

Thank you!!

Someone else pleasse check FB and JCF post. Please, before it disappears. I don't want to be the only one to see it. Its not bad, just interesting.

I think he hung up on her. He's at work why is she calling him at 9am? To me something was going on.

I haven't been following this case lately so I may be mentioning something useless, but could RM have started work by 5am and if so, would 9am (the time of call w/IM) be somewhat of a "lunch hour" for him??

Someone else pleasse check FB and JCF post. Please, before it disappears. I don't want to be the only one to see it. Its not bad, just interesting.

I didn't see it. Could you please elaborate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd171821