NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont either, but then again I didnt go to the police academy so I dont know all the techniques they use, I can only "play one on tv" I would guess they are not saying anything because somehow it might jepordize his safety even more..only a guess though.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

If he was in danger and law. Enforcement knows it they would be looking for him

did RM have an iPod? his phone might be clean, but with apps like "text free" an iPod can text and even call people FREE with no record. and with an iPod you can use the Internet just a easily as anyone on a computer or phone.

If LE thought RM had been kidnapped, for example, surely they would have asked IM to stay off the internet altogether. I think that LE really has no more idea of what became of him than we do, JMO.

you bring up a good point about all kids having cell phones these days. on those cell phones they also have apps for FB, IG and KIK, where ANYONE can claim to be ANYONE and be in touch with your kids. IM stated RM wasn't tech savvy, but I believe he knew enough to do what he wanted on computers/phones. maybe he HAS contacting his children. but going by a different name. maybe he's been offering them support from a "catfish" account. IM should talk to her kids and go through messages. Any new "friends" or "followers" that they have never physically met should be examined.

Actually, not all cells have the ability to have access to these apps. I know for myself, I would never give a child unlimited, unmonitored access to the internet...alas that is just just me though. IMO it seems a stretch that he would take the time to check to see how his kids are, knowing they must be suffering. I honestly think he would have just called them directly and just not told them where he is.

I don't believe they are!

I wonder myself sometimes :( its hard not to be privy to their actions at least an update now and then but I have to believe there is a supervisor somewhere keeping tabs that they are doing.

I don't know a single child over the age of 10 who does not have access to FB, IG and more, whether on their IPOD or phone.

and I agree with eileen, I don't believe LE is actively investigating the case. I believe theyre taking reports and such, but with no sign of a crime it's very unlikely they would spend the time and resources on this. that's not to say they never will, but with NOTHING to go on, this case can not be a priority.

I they did suspect foul play, the Very basic details could be released, there wouldn't be such noticeable silence.

So I thought I would share a tidbit of info. I have been vacationing out of state these past few days (returning home to NY Tuesday). And guess what--my family thinks I am crazy, but I am "people watching" a lot more intently than I normally do. Especially guys in their mid 40s (gf having issues with that lol).

I have his pic embeded in my brain, but also have it on my phone just in case.

It has crossed my mind that Rob could be anywhere, so why not here? Long shot, but hey, you never know. :poke:

Well, I get that. I was at a flea market today in Nassau County. Suddenly I am drawn to the many tools for sale, there are many bicycles, and even "The club"!
The most striking item was the lunch pail (yes, lunch pail). I actually opened it and inspected it, looking for a name, or some sort of ID mark!

As for me, I have not yet discounted that he ran away, either with or without the collusion of IM. I can imagine him hidden in plain view. I look for him everywhere from Coney Island to Montauk, especially on a bicycle or on a "job".

As I speak, a copter is flying over my neighborhood.....

These are my beliefs today (subject to change by...tomorrow :scared: ):
~Rob didn't leave willingly, in the sense that he just took off to start a new
life, or had a girlfriend. He left because he felt he had to. Maybe there had
been a threat. Maybe he witnessed something. It had to be something big.
~LE doesn't feel that he has been abducted or murdered. They are still
investigating (as much as one can, when an adult goes missing).
~Some of the events of that day helped Rob, because they kept people
looking at the two points of interest (the scrap yard and the train station).
Since nothing was staged in a fraudulent way (like the man who faked his
drowning) Rob has no legal worries when he returns.
~He had help, but I'm not sure from whom.
~I'm not sure if he told anyone *close* to him. If he did, that puts them in
a bad spot with LE. If he didn't, they suffer terribly, imagining the worst.

In the absence of any more details or clarifications, we're stuck. :banghead:

But why would they be holding his car for so long? Is it just lost in the red tape/long line of vehicles to be processed? But really, are there that many vehicles needing processing for potential clues of foul play?

These are my beliefs today (subject to change by...tomorrow :scared: ):
Since nothing was staged in a fraudulent way (like the man who faked his
drowning) Rob has no legal worries when he returns. :banghead:

To be fair RR, who faked his own drowning, staged things well. His two mistakes were leaving incriminating e-mails on his son's computer and speeding away in his own vehicle. Rob could have learned from these mistakes. JMO

But like you, my opinions fluctuate (with the moon, I think - lol).

And another helicopter...

I don't know a single child over the age of 10 who does not have access to FB, IG and more, whether on their IPOD or phone.

and I agree with eileen, I don't believe LE is actively investigating the case. I believe theyre taking reports and such, but with no sign of a crime it's very unlikely they would spend the time and resources on this. that's not to say they never will, but with NOTHING to go on, this case can not be a priority.

I they did suspect foul play, the Very basic details could be released, there wouldn't be such noticeable silence.

Actually a lot of children dont have access to basic things such as food and clothing let alone internet access. But I wasnt saying no access at all, I was just referring to the unlimited, unmonitored kind...my children dont and most of their friends dont either... it all depends on parenting styles, or interest, my son would rather be playing football outside or reading and his guitar inside.

But why would they be holding his car for so long? Is it just lost in the red tape/long line of vehicles to be processed? But really, are there that many vehicles needing processing for potential clues of foul play?

This really bothers and puzzles me also :mad::banghead:

And........HBO is off to the ER. Saw this coming. Should have taken bets last night. It's not funny, but its a joke all the same.

Hm, okay. I hope this is allowed, since you can't quote a post from a past thread. Mods, PLEASE delete if not allowed, and apologies in advance!

This is from Thread #1 by our verified insider, regarding the texts. I had stated that I thought they were to a man, while some others here said that the 'he'/'him' that was mentioned here was referring to Rob.

Originally posted by NCNY; snipped by me:
---------------------
"All the information regarding calls and texts were combed through and all leads go nowhere with the phone... there was at one point early on that we thought of someone Rob associated with as he lied about being in touch with him when asked by IM only to find out they were in touch through texts.."
----------------------

Now that I reread, the part "in touch with him" is totally unclear. It made me think that we were talking about a man Rob was texting, but now I realize that this was written in a way that lacks clarity and could just be a grammar mistake. I'm a writer and editor, so I really comb through something when I'm interested. If the grammar in this is correct, Rob was texting a male. If we've got some messed-up sentence structure / grammar issues in this post (absolutely no offense to the poster!), this instance of "him" could definitely be a redundant mention of Rob.

Okay, now that I've nerded out on the word stuff -- who is this person? And of course, where is Rob?

my question how could all texts be cmbed through if phone is not in possession. Can you see what is on texts messages through phone records?

Does anyone think if he left on his own free will he would have called Ida when he calmed down But when he found she reported him as missing decided to stay missing? Could he be that angry?

Could it have gotten so big,so out of control that it scared him? I mean really, in the great big scheme of things so many people go missing. There isn't a news story or WS thread for all of them (although we do try don't we) . maybe he thought it would remain a family matter? Now there are FB pages and internet threads dedicated to him? Could that have put him further into hiding thinking Oh F$#$ now what do I do? Maybe he wouldn't even have been gone this long? I don't know. just throwing thoughts out there. Eileen,when I read your post this just popped into my head. :twocents:

my question how could all texts be cmbed through if phone is not in possession. Can you see what is on texts messages through phone records?

I believe yes u can all your texts can be retrieved. But my question is wouldn't LE have to do this unless the phone is in his wife's name

Not that I am aware of, unless you download a hidden application that will log all activity. However, it is illegal to do unless you are on the account and are the authorized user of phone. Not to say some always follow the rules..

The texts in question are in the past. But I'm pretty sure recent texts can be traced too. I've seen cases on the news where calls and texts were evidence of a crime. Big brother is watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcleavenger