NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I think they need an additional license, which I believe is a contractor's license. They should have insurance too. However, I think many of them do small jobs on the side without that license. For example: adding an outlet to an exterior porch. They get referrals from family and friends. I'm not absolutely sure on all this though. I also don't know if there are union rules. Maybe they aren't allowed to do freelance work. Hopefully, someone here knows more.

I tried to research Local 3 Union rules, couldn't find the specifics in regards to side jobs.
However, from life experience I can't think of one electrician that DIDN'T do side work. It's cash money and off the books.

No kidding. Why not beat the weekend rush and take off right at 4:30am? Why wait until Friday afternoon? Even if suicide was his intent, why go to work first?

Agreed. Even a most loyal employee who has an escape plan...will just escape.
Work. Scrap yard. Stopping at home. Does not add up.

BBM

Yeah, I don't get it. I know I have said this before, but why in the world would he bother to drop off his phone and cash just to flee the coup? Why did he bother? To get the bike? Makes me wonder if IM checked for missing suitcases or duffle bags. Was there a backpack missing? I know it is difficult to figure out what is missing, if you have closets full of stuff from years of marriage and family life, but was there anything else missing other than his bike? Makes me wonder if he had a bag packed at 4:30am that day. Yet again, why bother to scrap metal and go home to throw the money in a drawer in the garage??? Odd!

Yup. I think he did as he would normally would do, on a friday afternoon. However something changed. If I was going 'Get out of Dodge' and leave everything, I sure as hell wouldn't leave the $300 that I just cashed in behind.

But....RM departs the house (I don't believe under gunpoint or immediate duress) but does so anyway, without wallet or phone and maybe he was not in his right mind (nervous energy) and who knows really why. I have have been neurotic and had nervous energy in the past. It was usually because I was up against a deadline or in a pickle to get something done. It had nothing to do with drugs, the mob, strippers, money laundering, Real Estate deals, pimps, teachers, cats or my left foot. RM left the house because....we may never know.

But the car was locked at the train depot.

Yup. I think he did as he would normally would do, on a friday afternoon. However something changed. If I was going 'Get out of Dodge' and leave everything, I sure as hell wouldn't leave the $300 that I just cashed in behind.

But....RM departs the house (I don't believe under gunpoint or immediate duress) but does so anyway, without wallet or phone and maybe he was not in his right mind (nervous energy) and who knows really why. I have have been neurotic and had nervous energy in the past. It was usually because I was up against a deadline or in a pickle to get something done. It had nothing to do with drugs, the mob, strippers, money laundering, Real Estate deals, pimps, teachers, cats or my left foot. RM left the house because....we may never know.

True. Hard to believe someone who had the intention of harming RM would worry about the safety of his car.

The whole story is too contrived and keeps changing. Too many inconsistancies. If this were NCIS, they would have nailed the perp already. Some people are masterful at setting the stage, but not this director. The information changes with every article we read. We are being played and distracted like someone is throwing a ball off in a direction away from where the focus should be.:maddening:

LMAO. I'm sorry, do you think this is just a bad TV show?

This is not television. Real people. Real life. Real stuff. REAL PEOPLE. Sorry to be direct but this is not Hollywood. Too many people look at it that way. That's part of the problem IMO.

You may not have had those factors as part of your everyday life. Without violating CS, you and I both KNOW, Rob had AT LEAST one of those factors in his life. IMO...likely more than one.

This is not television. Real people. Real life. Real stuff. REAL PEOPLE. Sorry to be direct but this is not Hollywood. Too many people look at it that way. That's part of the problem IMO.

I think most of us know that...we follow lots of cases and lots of members help out with searching, donating funds, etc...but cases get stuck and people get a little slap-happy sometimes...jMO

Adding the fact the seat was moved forward makes me scratch my head too.

We don't know if this case is not connected to anything hinky. We don't have proof either way, but it could be related, which is why this case is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member