NY NY - Rosemary Hamilton Buck, 20, Syracuse, 11 Aug 1973

I was browsing through Charley Project and came across Rosemary's case. Although the discovery is off by a year, her circumstances almost match up exactly to the Jane Doe that was found in MD that Sam Little recently confessed to.

"Little offered descriptive details of the woman that detectives had not confirmed previously: that she said she was from the Massachusetts area, had a child, and had recently celebrated getting a divorce from her husband.

Detectives believe she was a white female in her 20s, about 5 feet 2 to 5-6 with dirty blond hair."

Although Rosemary is not from Boston, her profile states she told friends she was going to Boston to meet a male friend. The drawing that Sam Little did also seems to match Rosemary's picture. The only thing that is off is the date she disappeared. The Doe was found in 1972 while Rosemary was reported missing in 1973.

I was browsing through Charley Project and came across Rosemary's case. Although the discovery is off by a year, her circumstances almost match up exactly to the Jane Doe that was found in MD that Sam Little recently confessed to.

"Little offered descriptive details of the woman that detectives had not confirmed previously: that she said she was from the Massachusetts area, had a child, and had recently celebrated getting a divorce from her husband.

Detectives believe she was a white female in her 20s, about 5 feet 2 to 5-6 with dirty blond hair."

Although Rosemary is not from Boston, her profile states she told friends she was going to Boston to meet a male friend. The drawing that Sam Little did also seems to match Rosemary's picture. The only thing that is off is the date she disappeared. The Doe was found in 1972 while Rosemary was reported missing in 1973.

The unidentified girl on NamUs: Unidentified Person Case

RHBuck.jpg

Rosemary E. Hamilton Buck
Missing since August 11, 1973 from Syracuse, Onondaga County, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date of Birth: July 2, 1953
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; hazel eyes.
    • Scars/Marks: Scar on abdomen and a discoloration on her leg.
    • Clothing: White coat; blue jeans.
    • AKA: Mary
    • Dentals: Not available. Her two front teeth crossed slightly.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance

Rosemary Buck was last seen hitchhiking near the corner of Sixth North Street and Wolf Street on August 11, 1973 at approximately 12:00 P.M.

She is the mother of a son who was 2 1/2 years old at the time. She had an apartment on Wolf Street, on Syracuse's North Side.
She had been in a mental hospital and struggled, with alcohol, a bad marriage, and was getting on and off public assistance.

Rosemary frequented the former Yellow Balloon Bar on Thompson Road, near Erie Boulevard East. She often traveled to attend rock concerts.
She told friends she was eventually going to Boston, MA., to meet with an unknown male friend.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Syracuse Police Department
315-442-5200

Agency Case Number: 05-328624
NCIC Number:
M091232922

Source Information:
St. Petersburg Times
Syracuse Police Department
NamUs MP#7592
The Doe Network: Case File 2446DFNY

Someone had made a connection to this person that was found in Florida due to a news article on a Facebook post mentioning her front teeth crossing wondering if this could have been Rosemary. Not sure if this person has been crossed out. Singer Island Jane Doe

Hello. I am Rosemary's niece. Her son Donald is my cousin, with whom I have been in constant contact with. Unfortunately, he knows far less about his mom's disappearance than I do. I had started my search in 2010, but had to take a break multiple times. I just moved out of New York to Texas and now have the time to get back into it to try to figure out what happened to her.

First, I do not believe for a moment that she would have just taken off and left her son. She was petrified that CPS was going to come in and remove him from her care after an investigation close to when she disappeared. He was her whole world and it does not make any sense. Second, she had a paycheck for $100+ change and in 1973, that was A LOT of money to just leave and not pick up. Third, yes, she was going through a hard time, but that was no reason for her to run.

In all honesty, I truly believe that she intended to go to the bar and have a few drinks and was picked up there. I firmly believe that she is not alive. And I know for a fact that she had every intention on picking up her son later that evening, as she had told her parents.

Now, I am not sure why the Syracuse Police Department would say she was found on the reservation. She was ruled out a few years ago as a possible unidentified woman found there. I am assuming he spoke too soon and had not realized that the body found had been identified as another missing person. Also, the Onondaga County Sheriffs are not in any way affiliated with the Syracuse Police. The initial case for Rosemary was being handled by the Solvay Police Department. When it disbanded, Syracuse PD took over the missing persons. I have a friend who works for the SPD and there is only ONE person who handles these cases. Unfortunately, because of this, her case has been set aside and has not been worked on in years. I have tried multiple times to get an appointment to go in and speak with that investigator and have had no luck all the way up to July 2017 when I moved to Texas. I will be going back just after Christmas to visit family, Rosemary's son included and am hoping to have a scheduled appointment with them so I can get copies of what they have.

I have a HUGE binder of information on Rosemary, as well as 30+ cases that she has been ruled out of. I keep Donnie up on everything that I find and hopefully one day I can locate her so that all of us can get some closure. Until that time, I will continue to scroll through and gather any information I can.

Is this one of your rule outs? On a Facebook group a woman had made a connection with some of the description and her teeth described in a news article. Singer Island Jane Doe

Hello I am Rosemary’s sons sister. I noticed no talk in here in a bit wasn’t sure if y’all have ever come across anything else on her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back