NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if there is any significance to the fact that there is no presser yet? :thinking:

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 9m9 minutes ago

Helicopter appears to be circling over the woods near the barracks. Not sure how far out they're sweeping. Seen/heard it come back few times

Really can't believe that these guys haven't gone underground right now, they have to know that the heat is on them with all of these sightings and active searches. Almost wondering if this is some kind of distraction.

Really can't believe that these guys haven't gone underground right now, they have to know that the heat is on them with all of these sightings and active searches. Almost wondering if this is some kind of distraction.

Yup....It could be deliberate

Ill second that, I have thought of this before but I dismissed it as being too far fetched. I don't doubt that they may have family & friends who may be sympathetic to them but I can't see them pulling a distraction ruse for Sweat and Matt multiple times.

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 2m2 minutes ago

So here at Moss Brook you have state troopers and a large CERT team. Maybe 20 strong

I saw DOCCS vehicles from Attica in town this morning. But I have no clue where this CERT team is from #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 0 favorites
Matthew Hamilton retweeted
Andrew Tangel ‏@AndrewTangel 4m4 minutes ago

Knock knock. Police going house to house near Friendship NY #nyprisonbreak

Hello??? I hope no news is good news....JMO

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 6m6 minutes ago

CERT team has circled this house on the corner of XXXXXXX Street and XXXXXXXXXX road

*for safety purposes

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 1m1 minute ago

A few locals have stopped to watch CERT. one says he thinks it's all a hoax, people just trying to get attention in Allegany county
0 retweets 0 favorites

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 42s43 seconds ago

Guy from down the road says an older couple lives in this house CERT is around. "Last I knew they were on vacation."

CERT standing down now. Just broke their circle of the house.

Matthew Hamilton ‏@matt_hamilton10 5m5 minutes ago

The CERT team that surrounded the house came in two sets of vans. Just left. COL and GOW. Anyone know those prison call signs?

I noticed some stuff that didn't make sense regarding the path the guys would've made to get from Dannemora to Lindley to Friendship so I will go ahead and re-post this map that shows the likely path, which of course presumes they're riding the rails on freight trains as often as possible:

CH-41JpVAAElt4n.jpg:large

There is no doubling back IMO AFAIK.

I LOVE this map! Actually, I think there was some doubling back, if all these sightings were accurate. When they got to Gangs Mills, the line goes in two directions: 1 line heads south into PA, and the other heads south for a few miles, but then starts heading west. I think they got on the wrong train (if their ultimate destination is Buffalo), and took the Pennsylvania train by mistake. (Wonder if they have maps of the railroads or even just a NY map??). So, probably, when they got as far as Lindley, they realized they were going in the wrong direction, and had to get off that train and catch a northbound one back up to Gangs Mill. That was probably when they were spotted in Lindley.

So, then, when they got back up to Gangs Mills, they got on the westbound train, which follows the Canisteo River. When they reached Hornell, there's another train yard, and I think they might have gotten on the wrong train again. Next to Buffalo Street in Hornell, the track splits, and one track heads northwest toward Buffalo and the other drops south and then starts heading west, sort of following Rte 417 for a little while, and then starts paralleling I-86/Rte 17. That would bring them right into Friendship. By this point, they may have been getting worried that they were on the wrong train, and gotten off (and then been sighted). Actually, if they just stayed on the train for a few more miles west, when they arrived in the village of Kill Buck, there's a line there than runs north to the Buffalo area.

GGE, you made an interesting point that Matt may have been headed to Buffalo for his birthday on the 25th (sure that will thrill his relatives). Didn't Sweat just have a birthday? Wonder if he were in Bham by then?

(Hope this all makes sense. Keep nodding off while writing - need...a....nap)

Just want to verify with the other posters: the presser has not been held yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname