NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie, whose office is prosecuting the escape plot of Richard Matt and David Sweat, said the prison tailor shop instructor embedded hack saw blades, drill bits and a hole punch in the meat before bringing it into Clinton Correctional Facility."

<snip>

"Joyce Mitchell, who has been charged with providing escape tools to the fugitives, outlined the scheme in interviews with investigators, Wylie said.

After smuggling the meat and metal mixture into the prison, Mitchell put it in a refrigerator in the tailor shop where she worked with Matt and Sweat, Wylie said.

Wylie said it isn’t uncommon for prisoners to have hot plates or other cooking equipment in their cells to grill raw meat and other provisions.

A corrections officer named Gene Palmer then allegedly took the meat to Matt, the prosecutor said.

Palmer was placed on administrative leave in response to the revelations. He has not been charged.

He denied to investigators that he knew he was delivering tools to Matt and Sweat, Wylie said. He took a polygraph and passed.

Mitchell told investigators she didn’t think Palmer knew what was hidden in the ground beef, Wylie said."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/prosecutor-prison-seamstress-smuggled-escape-tools-raw-meat

I hope families are checking on their loved ones in the area often.

Would it not be a huge red flag for Admin. when Tillie asked for favors for these guys? Given a prior investigation for inappropriate conduct with Sweat??? Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

"Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie, whose office is prosecuting the escape plot of Richard Matt and David Sweat, said the prison tailor shop instructor embedded hack saw blades, drill bits and a hole punch in the meat before bringing it into Clinton Correctional Facility."

<snip>

"Joyce Mitchell, who has been charged with providing escape tools to the fugitives, outlined the scheme in interviews with investigators, Wylie said.

After smuggling the meat and metal mixture into the prison, Mitchell put it in a refrigerator in the tailor shop where she worked with Matt and Sweat, Wylie said.

Wylie said it isn’t uncommon for prisoners to have hot plates or other cooking equipment in their cells to grill raw meat and other provisions.

A corrections officer named Gene Palmer then allegedly took the meat to Matt, the prosecutor said.

Palmer was placed on administrative leave in response to the revelations. He has not been charged.

He denied to investigators that he knew he was delivering tools to Matt and Sweat, Wylie said. He took a polygraph and passed.

Mitchell told investigators she didn’t think Palmer knew what was hidden in the ground beef, Wylie said."

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/prosecutor-prison-seamstress-smuggled-escape-tools-raw-meat

again, these are not skilled folks---they walk people around in lines for 8 hours !

What's the approx length of the hacksaw blade? How many pounds of meat are we talking about here?

I think we are talking inches not pounds - oh forgive me - it just is a fun angle to the story!!!

They've had no escapes from there ever. Period. And if killers can't be in honor block, who then? Clinton is mostly convicts who have killed, raped, or committed violent felonies. Honor block is a correction tool for long term inmates. It's not any easier to get out of honor block than any other prison. This may have been the escape of the century.

It can be a comlicated envion - you want to reinforce the folks that will keep you abreast of the endless schemes the boys are planning - it is a total envorment of who does and does not have "control". As a clinician myself and my colleagues knew what we were doing - but often we had to spend time with the corrections folk educating them on boundaries etc - it was a very very uneducated group of people sorry that was just my experience

Lois Clermont &#8207;@EditorLois 1m1 minute ago

Part of Margaret St, Plattsburgh, closed for investigation of possible meth lab. See, there is other news besides escapees. #PrisonBreakNY

Par dooon me is this a jail???

Just a hunch but with all these baked goods etc. I think Tillie has been around the block. A few times. Does she even realize the magnitude of her actions!!! All the money, manpower, horrid search conditions, terror for those in the area! And this isn't over! As she lays in jail getting her 3 hots and a cot!!!!

Gosh no. No pink even. Good to see you CARIIS

Likewise my dear Bravo ---

I really thought the DNA meant this was gonna be a rap-- it is amazing that it has not concluded- and what was neat, was that one guard said Sweat was the real sneaky one not the other one! But, they have not hurt anyone yet so that is good , not sure what that means tho????

And did get a quick chill when reminded that JUly 4 is upon us and cabins are gonna get filled up --- thats a dash scary

CNN reporting another escapee Ralph Buckey Phillips. LE spent 5 months looking in the same area until his capture. He shot 3 state troopers and killed 1. He was at Clinton after his capture but in 23 hr. lock up. I think they said 2006 but I didn't catch which prison he escaped from. I'll look it up.

CNN just said that for a couple of months Tilly brought baked goods to guards in exchange for special treatment for Sweat and Matt, she even went to prison officials and asked for Sweat's cell to be moved next to Matt's.

For some reason the phrase just came to mind "who's you know what do you have to you know what to get favors around here?"... like, was she you know whatting or something?? WHY did everyone do stuff for Tilly??

You have to remember that these folks spend most of their lives manipulating their environmnent - it just comes natural to them. They hone in on the ones (apparently her- needy) where it works - its personality disordered stuff. ANd they are good- charming indeed!

ok skilled colleagues - not my deal- maps- baby question - is where the DNA occurred anywhere near a railroad track. I can not even figure out a way to try and find out myself, so I must ask!

If Sally left Northfolks at 5 pm, driving at 6 mph and Henry left Southfork at 518 p, driving a 9 mph when would Sally and Henry pass in Eastfork at 539? Who cares Mrs Brown - your questions are boring ha! Anyone else hate word problems of yesteryear??? He he

CNN reporting another escapee Ralph Buckey Phillips. LE spent 5 months looking in the same area until his capture. He shot 3 state troopers and killed 1. He was at Clinton after his capture but in 23 hr. lock up. I think they said 2006 but I didn't catch which prison he escaped from. I'll look it up.

Bucky Philips was in Chautauqua County and Warren County PA - not at all close to Clinton. If you followed the news coverage - many locals came to see Bucky as a folk hero because LE could not manage the situation at all. His family and friends were helping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member