Found Deceased NY - Sierra Shields, 30, Queens, 14 January 2016

The human skull and bones were discovered on the shore of Rikers Island, along the rocky coast on the west side of the jail.

The ME’s office has yet to determine a cause of death, but cops had feared that Shields had killed herself.

Relatives had told police that she had called a suicide hotline shortly before her disappearance.

http://pix11.com/2016/09/16/human-r...sland-identified-as-missing-flight-attendant/

The human skull and bones were discovered on the shore of Rikers Island, along the rocky coast on the west side of the jail.

The ME’s office has yet to determine a cause of death, but cops had feared that Shields had killed herself.

Relatives had told police that she had called a suicide hotline shortly before her disappearance.

http://pix11.com/2016/09/16/human-r...sland-identified-as-missing-flight-attendant/

Like, she jumped??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like, she jumped??

IMO She did what she said she wanted to do. Entered the water.

"By the distress and everything that took place on Thursday, she was suffering through something,” said her father, Chris Shields.

Police worry the missing woman may be suicidal because she once told her father she could see God on the other side of the East River and wanted to swim across it."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/01/17/sierra-shields-missing/

Dear Lord, how sad. I wonder what caused her to feel like there was no other option. I guess it doesn't matter now but I feel for how hopeless she must have felt. RIP Sierra.

I think she was having mental issues. The quote about telling her father she wanted to swim across the river because she saw God on the other side was very telling to me. Our Websleuths case a couple of years ago where the young African American Dr. disappeared leaving her car on a snowy highway reminded me of Sierra. Both so sad. If only they had reached out for help.

I think she was having mental issues. The quote about telling her father she wanted to swim across the river because she saw God on the other side was very telling to me. Our Websleuths case a couple of years ago where the young African American Dr. disappeared leaving her car on a snowy highway reminded me of Sierra. Both so sad. If only they had reached out for help.

One of the reports I read said she had called a suicide hotline prior to her disappearance. RIP Sierra.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am saddened by the news and imagine her family's anguish, especially after searching all of these months. I hope they reach out to support groups available to surviving loved ones of suicide. They are unique groups for unique loss of suicide.

She reportedly reached out to a hotline, which is what we tell people to do. Sadly, some are distraught or overcome and go ahead with an impulse or give in to a strong emotion.

Sad, sad, sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back