NY NY - Suzanne Lyall, 19, Collins Circle at SUNY, Albany, 2 March 1998

Part 2:

I don't believe "Nike Man" was involved in SL's disappearance. He was mentioned as a P.O.I. due to being seen in the convenience store when SL's ATM card was used (after she vanished). However, there was no camera focusing on the ATM machine, so there was no real way to know who used the ATM card last. I.e., I believe "Nike Man" was a red herring.

It's also possible the bf was not involved here, and that SL vanished due to:

1) The other "stalker" that SL mentioned. Not sure if this was the bf, or someone else. If it was someone else, this person wasn't specifically mentioned (by name) by SL to anyone.

2) A random stranger/criminal could have kidnapped/assaulted her after she got of the bus (after work) & right before she went to her dorm room. It was night when she got off the bus, so this could have happened quickly without anyone seeing this.

Thankfully, old cold cases are being solved/resolved all of the time. New evidence turns up; the case is re-opened by someone that looks at this with fresh eyes; etc. Hopefully this case will be solved at some point & give closure to SL's family.

Last edited:

Today marks the 25th anniversary of a Capital Region missing person cold case.

Suzanne Lyall, a University at Albany student, has been missing since 1998. Lyall was 19 when she was last seen getting off a CDTA bus at the campus' Collins Circle stop. She was returning to her dorm after working a shift in a computer store at Crossgates Mall. People saw her on and getting off the bus. She never made it to the dorm.

Her mother, Mary Lyall, co-founded the Center for Hope in Ballston Spa. Lyall has always held out hope that Suzanne is still alive. She spoke with WAMC in 2018:

"I'm hoping that she is," said Lyall.

A hope she holds to this day.

Here is to hoping we will all be surprised one day when Suzanne turns up alive and well. I feel a little bit of a connection with her as I was born in Saratoga Springs, NY and raised in Saratoga County. I used to shop in the "Electronics Boutique" (later known as "Babbages"), computer store that she worked at all the time in Crossgates Mall. My sister went to college at UAlbany where she disappeared from, around that same time. I was 23 when Suzanne went missing... I remember seeing it on the news. I am 47 today.

Her parents made a huge difference in New York State and federal law in regard to how college student cases are handled when they are reported. We owe them a debt of gratitude. Unfortunately her father passed at the age of 73 on August 27,2015 without ever getting to find out what happened to her. Her mother on the other hand, is still alive and still looking for her.

Here is an article from WNYT 13 news, Albany yesterday that has multiple videos about her.
Suzanne Lyall disappeared 25 years ago

Another article from ABC News from today with a video.
Where is Suzanne Lyall? 25 years after college student vanished, her mom isn't giving up

And another from today from News10 CBS News:
Ballston Spa bell rings for teen missing since 1998

We hope you are out there and doing well Suzanne.

It has been a very, very long time.

From and including: Monday, March 2, 1998
To and including: Thursday, March 2, 2023

Result: 9132 days
It is 9132 days from the start date to the end date, end date included.

Or 25 years, 1 day including the end date.

Or 300 months, 1 day including the end date.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back