NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen that site, too, but didn't give it much credence myself-but i don't tend to with things of that nature. I don't ridicule it or rule it out for others, though-you never know! I hope it is true, too.

Anytime you link and it comes out *************, that means the site has been removed because either the site owner has requested we not link to it or we've found it to be unreliable for one reason or another.

Please do not discuss sites that are ************* when you link to them. :tyou:

ASW,

Do you know if the newspapers have been notified about the reward?

MMQC - do you recall what the roads were like that led to the mall, was it a major highway at that time or were there some residential homes near by, just wondering if it were possible that if they were at a red light, if she jumped out of the car was it then possible for her to run through back yards of a near by neighborhood?

The major road taken from SL home to the mall area where the theater was would be Richmond Ave. The route would have been Goodall Street to Hyland Blvd. or Nelson Ave to Richmond Ave to the theater. The Nelson Ave route would have taken them thru Snake Hill thru the golf course behind the Staten Island Mall.

ASWDeerHunter, can you tell us who was home at the Lwowski residence when the BF arrived to tell what happened to Sylvia?

The understanding of the discussion following the BF's return was the argument acurd during a "traffic light" by the Staten Island Mall, By a "stop sign" at the Mall or during a "traffic Jam" by the Staten Island Mall. Depending which story you believe. At one time or another, all three answers were given the the BF.

As far as the reward is concerned, it is up for grabs. Waiting on a return call from the S. I. DA's office.

If SL spoke German fluently, she must have lived there until she was -- I don't know, at least five? Can you tell us when she moved to the U.S.? And whether the family still has ties in Germany? (Also, Eva's maiden name?)

Moved from Germany in 1962, lived at Fort Wadsworth the to Goodall Street. The rest of the family in Germany were killed.

As far as the reward is concerned, it is up for grabs. Waiting on a return call from the S. I. DA's office.

I was just thinking that if there is a reward, a notice about it should be sent to the media (at least the SI Advance), so that possible witnesses will know it's there.

ASWDH, do you have any idea why Charley Project lists the Altoona Mirror and Bedford Gazette as sources for the "missing" information about Sylvia?

Sylvia's glasses were never returned to the house of the parents after the night in question and further communications with the BF from that point forward were rude, hostile and fruitless.

BBM (bolded by me): I see the update on the Charley Project site says "after her disappearance, her glasses were found in C___'s (the BF/F's) car; they were broken."

Who found them in his car? Or does this come from the BF/F's telling of this?

The major road taken from SL home to the mall area where the theater was would be Richmond Ave. The route would have been Goodall Street to Hyland Blvd. or Nelson Ave to Richmond Ave to the theater. The Nelson Ave route would have taken them thru Snake Hill thru the golf course behind the Staten Island Mall.

Thanks for the info, do you remember the name of the Golf Course?

BBM (bolded by me): I see the update on the Charley Project site says "after her disappearance , her glasses were found in C___'s (the BF/F's) car; they were broken."

Who found them in his car? Or does this come from the BF/F's telling of this?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lwowski_sylvia.html

Thank You, Just saw this posting and originally this was not listed as the post. I don't know who or how it got updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happyspirit42