NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sort of regurgitating this as I think of it-we know that nobody told MMQC that BF/F came to the Lwowski house after visiting her. And we don't know if BF/F told the Lwowskis that he had gone to MMQC's first. Possibly he did not, because there wasn't any indication, as expressed by Mrs Lwowski, that she was aware of that-MMQC called their house looking for Sylvia after the time that BF/F would have been and gone, and Mrs L said nothing when MMQC called. Why is this bothering me?

I know what you are saying

So VI calls and says tell Sylvia to call no matter what time...
But there is no phone call because she never came home

Did Mrs.L go to bed?
Where did she think Sylvia was all night?

MMQC said both sets of parents were strict

Even if BF/F didn't tell Mrs L he went to MMQCs house, he had to tell her something about where he had last seen Sylvia

Mrs L must have questioned where she was when she didn't arrive home
Wouldn't VI be the first person she would contact?

Why did she wait til the next morning?

What did he tell Mrs L?
Where did she look?

When she didn't come home, why did Mrs L not call MMQC to see if she had arrived there after MMQC had called Sylvias house

He told MMQC the bus stop. Did he tell Mrs L the same thing?

SL's Mother did call MMQC after she had looked for SL herself that very evening. That's when MMQC told her about BF/F stopping by her home.

My understanding from MMQC's posts is that Eva had never told her about the following, nor did MMQC know about the following, until she learned about it after joining WS:

- that SL's BF/F had been to SL's home that evening at 10:30 PM

- that Eva, SL's Mother, had gone out to look for SL the very evening her daughter went missing

- that Eva had called the police that very evening after looking for her daughter

- that SL threw her eyeglasses or even that there was an eyeglass story

She must have been frantic after Bf/F visited and told her whatever he told her

But I still don't understand why she wouldn't have called MMQC to verify that Sylvia didn't arrive there after MMQC called looking for her.

SL's Mother did call MMQC after she had looked for SL herself.

I believe MMQC said that Mrs L called her the next morning

We shall ask her when she comes in as i can't go back and find her post

I believe MMQC said that Mrs L called her the next morning

We shall ask her when she comes in as i can't go back and find her post

Believe refers to the very early morning hours...would be after Eva looked for her daughter, and after not finding her, she then called the police...Eva then called MMQC and at that time MMQC told her about BF/F stopping at her place.

Mother withheld information from MMQC (See Post #901).

Believe refers to the very early morning hours...would be after Eva looked for her daughter, and after not finding her, she then called the police...Eva then called MMQC and at that time MMQC told her about BF/F stopping at her place.

Mother withheld information from MMQC (See Post #901).

I must have completely misunderstood as I believed MMQC was referring to the next morning, not the early hours of the morning

I apologize if I have confused the facts

I must have completely misunderstood as I believed MMQC was referring to the next morning, not the early hours of the morning

I apologize if I have confused the facts

Not necessary! Hey, I could be wrong and confused! There is a lot more information and posts now.

Have few of the posts...will link them.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #1

snipped

MMQC:

As for SL's mother call LE right away? To my recollection, no. Next day not that night. After my Father and I went looking. I talked it over with MY parents about calling SL's home, did not want to worry SL's parents or raise a red flag if not warrented. I called SL home stating I needed to talk to my friend. Saying that I had an issue that I had to talk to my best friend about. No matter what time. Then after several hours passed SL's mother called my home asking WHAT HAPPENED? SL did not return home. It was then I told her about BF/F coming to my home telling me about the fight etc. I took her to the Wagner campus then in the morning and cruised around at our local haunts to see if she was there or if anyone had seen her.

Mother went later to LE to report missing...

I know what you are saying

So VI calls and says tell Sylvia to call no matter what time...
But there is no phone call because she never came home

Did Mrs.L go to bed?
Where did she think Sylvia was all night?

MMQC said both sets of parents were strict

BBM-My assumption has always been that Eva thought she was with MMQC, but never actually expressed that at the time to MMQC

OK, TY for clearing a few things up
So MMQC was in contact with Mrs L that night(early morning hours)

A lot of brain cells burnt up for nothing!!!!

Bumping up GBMG's timeline:

September 6, 1975

Sat. afternoon-4-ish: MMQC & SL spend afternoon together. MMQC: “Mall shopping running errands etc. Dropped her off at home so she could get ready for date with BF/F. That was the last time I saw her.”

Sat. 5 or 6 PM: BF/F picks SL up at home for their date. ASWDeerHunter: “Charles came over to the residents around 5pm to see a movie Sylvia at a cinema about 20 min away.” Alternate time of “6 PM” added as per PR.

5/6-10 PM: Window of uncertainty. Date details unverified. Mall? Movie? Fight? Bus stop?

Sat. 10 PM: BF/F shows up at MMQC’s house, tells her about fight, asks her to pick SL up from the bus stop. MMQC: “I did not know exact time of DATE. What I do know is that BF/F did say after movie they had fight she got out of the car and would take the bus home.” and “He did say they had a fight and she stormed out of the car by the mall. He seemed angry.”

10-11 PM: MMQC & her father drive around the mall area, trying to find SL, but they do not find her. MMQC: “We guessed that the bus came in the time between.”

10:30 PM: BF/F drives to SL’s residence and explains what happened. ASWDeerHunter: “Charles returned to the house approx. 10:30 stating that during an argument Sylvia had thrown her glasses against the dash board of the car and ran off.” (MMQC: “I truly don't remember BF/F EVER going to parents home that night.” and re EL: “She never mentioned to me that BF/F ever came by.”)

10:45 PM-Midnight (?): EL searches for SL by car. ASWDeerHunter: “Eva then got in the car and drove around the Staten Island Mall, but didn’t see her.”

11 PM (?): MMQC talks with her parents and decides not to alarm SL’s family with her concerns about SL -- “...did not want to worry SL's parents or raise a red flag if not warrented.” She calls under the guise of needing to talk to SL for personal reasons. “I called SL home stating I needed to talk to my friend. Saying that I had an issue that I had to talk to my best friend about. No matter what time.”

Around Midnight (?): EL calls LE. ASWDeerHunter: “Eva Lwowski called the 122pct and tried to report a missing person but could not because see wasn't missing for 24 hrs. yet.” and “... it was after Eva returned from the Mall that she called the 122pct.”

2 AM-7 AM (?): EL calls MMQC. MMQC: “Then after several hours passed SL's mother called my home asking WHAT HAPPENED? SL did not return home. It was then I told her about BF/F coming to my home telling me about the fight etc.” and “She called me asking what was up as SL never came home and it was very early the next morning.”

Sun. AM: MMQC & EL search Wagner, local area. “I took her to the Wagner campus then in the morning and cruised around at our local haunts to see if she was there or if anyone had seen her.”

Sun. 6 PM: EL reports her missing to LE (time as per PR). ASWDeerhunter: “The following day, Eva went to 122 pct to make a formal missing persons report and the police basically said she was over 21 and didn’t really spend to much time or resources in locating her.” MMQC: “LE informed her that SL was an adult and was not considered missing until missing for more than 48 hours as I recall. Then they were to bring current photo and a list of what she was wearing etc. Then LE would contact them at their home to follow up and investigate.”

Mon-Tues. (?): MMQC and EL stay in touch. “For a day or two. I was in contact with SL's mother about this.”

Wed. (?): MMQC & father request help from ADA. “My parents lived next door to an ADA. I then asked my dad to come with me to ask ADA to do something. It was then someone finally contacted parents from LE.”

UNSPECIFIED: MMQC calls BF/F about SL. “I called BF/F to see if SL contacted him. He was VERY RUDE to me on phone stating he had been made a sucker of he had given her a very expensive ring and she takes off, and don't call again. His mother was having a breakdown about it and not to call again.”

“Days and weeks” after SL disappears: ASWDeerHunter: “Charles wouldn't answer and more questions concerning Sylvia.”

1-2 Weeks after disappearance: ASWDeerHunter: “A week or two later the family hired a privet investigator and am not sure of the outcome of that investigation except a different version of her running off came out.”

Just before Xmas '75: MMQC calls BF/F. MMQC: “I last spoke to BF/F just before Xmas '75. Told him Fifi died (SL's pet poodle) and he said (insert my real name) who. I reminded BF/F who I was and he cursed me and said don't ever call here again ...”

Sometime in 1979-84: MMQC hears about ring when she meets a fellow SI’er: Convo turns to SL, fellow SI’er tells MMQC that knows BF/F through his brother/band and claims BF/F is in possession of the engagement ring he gave Sl.

2010: Cold Case contacts MMQC. “Other than the cold case Det. Savage calling me in 2010 that I never spoke to LE.”

bbm: Bumping up timeline with sequence of events. - MMQC did call EL that night. MMQC tells EL BF/F came to her house next morning. -Maybe it was assumed BF/F was in touch with parents, on the back burner as the mission at hand was to search for SL? But still no conversation about the BF/F in the midst of searching?

MMQC: Do you remember EL's state of mind - did you visit certain known friends at Wagner in the search?

bbm: Bumping up timeline with sequence of events. - MMQC did call EL that night. MMQC tells EL BF/F came to her house next morning. -Maybe it was assumed BF/F was in touch with parents, on the back burner as the mission at hand was to search for SL? But still no conversation about the BF/F in the midst of searching?

MMQC: Do you remember EL's state of mind - did you visit certain known friends at Wagner in the search?

There is a ? by the time of the call
Did MMQC not recall when Mrs L called her house?

snipped

ASWDeerHunter:

Charles returned to the house approx. 10:30 stating that during an argument Sylvia had thrown her glasses against the dash board of the car and ran off. Eva Lwowski called the 122pct and tried to report a missing person but could not because see wasn't missing for 24 hrs. yet. Eva then got in the car and drove around the Staten Island Mall, but didn’t see her. A close family friend had also taken a ride around the mall to look but saw nothing...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Sylvia Alice Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #1

snipped

ASWDeerHunter:

I'm sorry, it was after Eva returned from the Mall that she called the 122pct...

snipped

MMQC:

As for SL's mother call LE right away? To my recollection, no. Next day not that night. After my Father and I went looking. I talked it over with MY parents about calling SL's home, did not want to worry SL's parents or raise a red flag if not warrented. I called SL home stating I needed to talk to my friend. Saying that I had an issue that I had to talk to my best friend about. No matter what time. Then after several hours passed SL's mother called my home asking WHAT HAPPENED? SL did not return home. It was then I told her about BF/F coming to my home telling me about the fight etc. I took her to the Wagner campus then in the morning and cruised around at our local haunts to see if she was there or if anyone had seen her.

Mother went later to LE to report missing...

Thank you, Epiphany-so MMQC did tell Eva that BF/F came by, and MMQC told her what she knew about the fight. I wish Eva had mentioned the visit by BF/F so they could have compared notes at that time. I understand that there were slight variations in his story to several people re: where she got out of the car-stop sign, traffic light or traffic jam. I am not sure these variations are at all significant, so this is why, to me, it would have been important for Eva and MMQC to compare what they were told.

MMQC: When you called SL's Mother's house to tell her to have Sylvia call you as soon as she arrived home, how did Eva sound to you on the phone?

Was Eva concerned about you asking her to tell Sylvia to call you no matter the hour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK