NY NY - Tammy Mahoney, 19, Oneida, 8 May 1981

Praying her family is able to bring her remains home.
Was updated..

UPDATE: No physical evidence found after FBI, police search for remains of Tammy Mahoney Updated: 7 hrs ago
ONEIDA >> The search for the remains of Tammy Mahoney yielded no physical evidence as it came to a conclusion early Friday evening.

Oneida City Police Chief Dave Meeker said that the search “results were negative;” however, investigation into the lead that led police to Friday’s dig site is ongoing. Meeker also said additional leads have come in as a result of Friday’s search, and the case remains active.

The results were negative; however, investigation into the lead is continuing. Additional leads have come in as a result, and investigation into this case will continue

http://madisoncountycourier.com/?p=66654

bd84c240-c44f-4401-9b03-ce15ad0c5400_zps3cce9441.jpg

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20160417/NEWS/160419558

After years of feeling as if her sister’s case no longer was on the forefront of the public’s mind, Debbie Mahoney now says she’s feeling new confidence in the more than 30-year-old cold case...

Mahoney said there has been “more pressure” put on those believed to be involved in her sister’s disappearance.

I totally agree! I was talking to her friend that runs her FB page. LE will not share anything that is in her file; so sounds like they're protecting someone

Ever since I found the FB page, I've been telling Tammy's friend to have Tammy's sister do a FOIA request. He didn't think they would release anything and if they did that a lot would be blacked out. A few months before I posted the above, I finally had time to do the research to get what her sister needed to put in a formal request. I wonder if her doing the request is what prompted them to get off their butts.

They are digging at a home not far from me looking for something to do with her case.
Hubby just drove past there and said alot of action going on!
http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...earch_town_of_sullivan_home.html#incart_email

I just found this timeline at your link. Had never seen it before.

Tammy Mahoney missing person case timeline
Tammy Mahoney timeline
May 8, 1981: Tammy Mahoney, 19, disappears on her way to visit friends in Hamilton. She is last seen hitchhiking south on Route 46 in Madison County.
May 11, 1981: Mahoney's boyfriend reports her missing.
November 1981: Police and dogs comb the woods near the Onondaga Nation after receiving a tip.
April 1989: Police hold a news conference to renew public interest in the case and to try to come up with leads.
November 1997: Police uncover a woman's partial skeleton in Manlius. They determine it's not Mahoney.
June 1999: Detectives say DNA tests conducted on human remains found in Manlius don't match Mahoney.
May 2000: Investigators reveal they believe Mahoney was gang-raped and killed on Oneida Indian Nation land the night she disappeared. Her body was never found.
June 2001: Police, following a tip that remains were found on Oneida territory, turn up only deer and cat bones.
October 2001: Madison County Undersheriff Doug Bailey says they have identified suspects in Mahoney's murder. He says the suspects know they are suspects.
June 2002: Madison County sheriff's deputies dug up a former pond on Oneida Indian Nation land looking for a car Mahoney may have been placed in after her death. They did not find a car.
May 2004: Members of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Madison County Sheriff's Office searched a site on Route 46 south of Union Street near the Oneida Indian Nation.
March 25, 2016: A search is underway for what may be Mahoney's remains in the woods in Oneida.

have rad about half of Topix comments..........ummmm...wow........a lot of names being tossed around and seemingly a lot of witnesses to a rape occurring.

I read that too it was interesting. I also saw one of their granddaughters on there defending them. I am not going to mention their names since we don't know if they are guilty or not but yes their names are on there.

wow-------just saw this and have been reading----is this a girl from Long Island NY who was upstate at college ?
LE seems to know ALOT----am praying this is resolved quickly.

What I read today sounds like yes she was from long island and going to school I guess that would be upstate

Praying her family is able to bring her remains home.
Was updated..

UPDATE: No physical evidence found after FBI, police search for remains of Tammy Mahoney Updated: 7 hrs ago

I looked at the above link and what I noticed ( I'm running on no sleep today so bear with me I could be wrong) it looks like the same day of the dig they said they did not find any evidence and they were not there more than a day so it makes me think that they did find something and aren't releasing it until they are positive. Unknown substance is a odd phrase for something they dug up imo- if it were waste or a chemical I would think they would say that so it makes me think they found something that has to do with a person but want to verify

what do you all think?

I looked at the above link and what I noticed ( I'm running on no sleep today so bear with me I could be wrong) it looks like the same day of the dig they said they did not find any evidence and they were not there more than a day so it makes me think that they did find something and aren't releasing it until they are positive. Unknown substance is a odd phrase for something they dug up imo- if it were waste or a chemical I would think they would say that so it makes me think they found something that has to do with a person but want to verify

what do you all think?

That article was written in March.

Crime Wire: The Tammy Mahoney Case - Broadcast in News last Wednesday

Guest Mike Grello discusses the 1981 brutal rape and murder of Tammy Mahoney of New York whose remains have not been found, nor has justice been served.

It's reported that authorities know who committed this crime, but because of jurisdictional problems with Indian Nations, and the fact that there is no body, the wheels of justice have halted. Tammy's family only wish to have her remains and the murderers caught.

http://www.oneidadispatch.com/gener...g-lab-results-from-drum-in-tammy-mahoney-case

Oneida Police still awaiting lab results from drum in Tammy Mahoney case
The contents of the drum are not yet known, but police will confirm what was not found inside.

“There was not a body contained within that drum,” said Lt. Paul Thompson, the acting chief of Oneida City Police. Via email, Thompson further explained that had a body been discovered during the June excavation, the remains would have gone to the medical examiner’s office instead of being sent to the crime lab. Now, the OPD, the lead agency in the investigation, waits for lab test on “several samples of undetermined substances” they submitted for analysis.

“The FBI does in fact still have the samples from the drum,” Thompson said, adding that he did not have a timeline for the testing

FBI, Oneida Nation increase reward to $40,000 in Tammy Mahoney cold case
April 18 2019 rbbm.
"ONEIDA, N.Y. -- FBI and other law enforcement officials announced today they will increase a cash reward for information in the cold case of Tammy Mahoney to $40,000."
"FBI Special Agent in Charge James Hendricks said “recent events” have led officials to believe there may be people with information about what happened the night Mahoney went missing. Hendrix declined to comment further on the specifics of the developing investigation."

“We know there are people out there who have the answers,” Hendricks said. “Let’s solve this case and bring the family closure.”

Mahoney was 19 when she disappeared in Madison County on May 8, 1981. Investigators have said they believe Mahoney, a Long Island native, was gang raped and murdered on the Oneida Nation. Her body has never been found."
"Officials have asked anyone with information to call the FBI’s Utica office at 315-731-1781."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back