NY - Ted Ammon, 52, murdered in his East Hampton home, 20 Oct 2001

CC Friday 4 Feb.

Kieran Crowley, author of the book excerpted here, and Richard Slesinger of 48 HRS MYSTERY were on. The latter got an exclusive interview with Danny that will air tomorrow.

Danny is really trying to blame Generosa BIG TIME. As if her doing it precluding HIS doing it!

And why, then, wasn't that his defense from the start instead of the gay stranger defense??

"But jurors still believe there's room for more suspects. In fact, some jurors aren't sure if Pelosi was there at all. "

The above is from the 48 Hours mystery last nigtht, did anyone catch this? How is it possible they convict him of 2nd degree murder if they don't believe he was even at the crime scene?

I recorded 48 hrs. and haven't watched it yet.

Yes, let's blame the dead person all over again. He's so gross.

shopgirl said:
"But jurors still believe there's room for more suspects. In fact, some jurors aren't sure if Pelosi was there at all. "

The above is from the 48 Hours mystery last nigtht, did anyone catch this? How is it possible they convict him of 2nd degree murder if they don't believe he was even at the crime scene?

No, shopgirl. The above "quote" is your invention. Below I have transcribed the actual words spoken. You heard what you wanted to hear and not what was said. What was said confirms the jury's CONVICTION.

REPORTER: But some jurors still believe there is room for more suspects.

MALE JUROR: It wasn't by himself.

FEMALE JUROR: There were voids in the patterns of blood spatters. There had to be people standing on one side.

REPORTER: In fact even after the verdict, some jurors still aren't sure what role Pelosi played.

ANOTHER FEMALE JUROR: No [unintelligible] to put him there.

REPORTER: So how did you satisfy yourself eventually that he was there?

AFJ: I kinda thought somebody else maybe helped him. Maybe he didn't go there himself. Maybe he had some friends. there are all kinds of things go through your mind.

REPORTER: But do you believe now today as we sit here that Danny Pelosi killed Ted Ammon?

AFJ: If not directly, through someone else.

REPORTER: You think he was there?

AFJ: I'm not sure of that.

REPORTER: Still? To this day?

AFJ: Yes.

REPORTER: But in the end the jury voted that whatever his exact role was that night, Danny intended to kill Ted Ammon and took part in the murder. And just last week Pelosi was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

THis quote is not my invention, it is directly from the cbs website. I copied it directly, did not change or "invent" any part of it.

I did see the show and saw the juror say she wasn't sure he was there that night...not an opionion it is what was said.

The sequence went as I transcribed it from the show.

Yes, and when asked if he was there that night, she responds "i'm not sure of that."

That is what she said...she isn't sure???? But they convict beyond a reasonable doubt..

I dont think he had to be "there" to be convicted of the murder . If he hired, conspired, arranged etc he is guilty.

Charles Manson was not at the home of Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski or the La Bianca's when the murders occured.

Whether physically present or not, the Jury found him culpable of the murders.

I think you will find Blackwell wasnt presentfor the murder of his exwife but was convicted for the murder as he was culpable for it.

Ok, but he wasn't on trial for conspiracy or solicitation.. He was convicted of 2nd degree murder , and i beleive that means he went there that night to commit this crime...

A lack of physical evidence didn't hinder the Peterson jury nor the Pelosi jury. Both sets of citizens found the defendants GUILTY beyond a reasonable doubt. I find the opinion that either or both of these perps is/are not guilty to be hard to fathom.

And the Pelosi jury had the benefit of Pelosi's testimony. He denied the crime and they didn't believe him. But you do. <shrug> I don't get it.

shopgirl said:
Ok, but he wasn't on trial for conspiracy or solicitation.. He was convicted of 2nd degree murder , and i beleive that means he went there that night to commit this crime...

You can be convicted of Conspirecy to commit murder and Solicitation even if there was no Murder.

I believe Charles Manson was convicted of first degree murder/Capital Murder and recieved the Death Penalty. He wasnt physically present at either crime scene.

If the jury believes that Polosi planned the murder, facilitated the murder and profitted from the murder, 2nd degree is a light sentence.

I thought they showed prety clear premeditation and profit so Im suprised by second degree.

I don't know how danny would feel about being compared to Charles Manson..that is interesting. I really thought it was just interesting that the juror had doubt that Danny was even present the night of the murder.

shopgirl said:
I don't know how danny would feel about being compared to Charles Manson..that is interesting. I really thought it was just interesting that the juror had doubt that Danny was even present the night of the murder.

Darlin, I don't think she was actually comparing him, but more like comparing the crimes they were accused/convicted of. Besides, he's a convicted murderer!!! LOL We don't really care what he likes and doesn't like at this point.

If someone hires someone else to do the physical murder, the person who arranged the murder is still charged with "murder." The "solicitation" to the murder is a separate charge altogether. Am I making sense? I know its confusing.

I wasnt comparing the personalities of the criminals, rather that those not on the scene of a murder can still be culpable and convicted of the murder.

I dont really care how Danny Polosi would feel about anything. The man left 2 children orpaned because of his greed. He can rot.

Jeana (DP) said:
Darlin, I don't think she was actually comparing him, but more like comparing the crimes they were accused/convicted of. Besides, he's a convicted murderer!!! LOL We don't really care what he likes and doesn't like at this point.

If someone hires someone else to do the physical murder, the person who arranged the murder is still charged with "murder." The "solicitation" to the murder is a separate charge altogether. Am I making sense? I know its confusing.
It isn't confusing at all...I attended the trial and not once was there mention that he hired or arranged it with someone else. THe charge was that he did this he went there that night and murdered Mr Ammon.

shopgirl said:
It isn't confusing at all...I attended the trial and not once was there mention that he hired or arranged it with someone else. THe charge was that he did this he went there that night and murdered Mr Ammon.

Well then its obvious that this jury believed beyond a reasonable doubt (not beyond ANY doubt) that he did so.

tybee204 said:
If the jury believes that Polosi planned the murder, facilitated the murder and profitted from the murder, 2nd degree is a light sentence.

I thought they showed prety clear premeditation and profit so Im suprised by second degree.
I was very surprised by the second degree, too. Perhaps, they felt that Generosa was the one who premeditated the murder. I feel that Generosa was there as a participant. That was probably the only way that Danny would do it--if she was tied to the crime herself.

I think that she married him to keep an eye on him and to ensure his silence.

I think that both Danny and Generosa deserved the death penalty. She got it; he got lucky.

I think you are thinking that he could have been eligible for first degree murder---- Not in New York state. Not unless Ted Ammon was a cop. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that murders of non-cops get "second degree" status.

It was in the paper the other day: Sandi, Ted Ammon's sister, has won custody of the twins. Kay Mayne, the nanny, gets her million bucks and will vacate the death mansion which will belong to the kids and will probably be sold.

NEXT WED, 16 Feb. Dominick Dunne is devoting his CTV show to the Ammon murder.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back