NY NY - Tribeca, BlkFem 25-35, UP1885, Under Concrete in nightclub basement, heart earrings, Mar'08

madamx

Reaction score
750UFNY

Date of Discovery: March 31, 2008
Location of Discovery: Manhattan, New York County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: 1984 to 2008
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'4", Estimated
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Left 10th rib healed fracture with non-union; possible nasal and foot phalanx fractures.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Pair of heart-shaped earings wrapped in bubblegum wrapper.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's skeletal remains were found buried under a concrete floor in the basement of a Manhattan nightclub at 277 Church Street in Tribeca. Underground workers found a plastic bag with a skeleton and several large bones. Associated artifacts place the lower limit for the post mortem interval at 1984.

Attachments

• 750UFNY_LARGE[1].jpg
    750UFNY_LARGE[1].jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 42
Oh wow that is a good find. I wonder where downtown was the security job?
I couldn't find any more info. I did find a picture of her searching but I don't think it was a source I can post. It seemed viable based on the reconstruction, maybe...

I couldn't find any more info. I did find a picture of her searching but I don't think it was a source I can post. It seemed viable based on the reconstruction, maybe...
I would submit her if I were you.seems she had a sister at one point that was looking for her. I think it's a good find!!

I would submit her if I were you.seems she had a sister at one point that was looking for her. I think it's a good find!!
I don't spend much time in this area of the forums (or didn't until recently). I took a quick look around but didn't find a reference. How do I submit her? (Apologies if I just missed this somewhere.)

Edit: Ok, I found this thread with tips: NEW - Tips before submitting

Will dig a bit to see who to contact and get the info together!

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP1885 Female, Black / African American
Date Body Found March 31, 2008
Location Found New York, New York
Estimated Age Range 25-35 Years

Sex Female
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American

Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years) 25-35
Estimated Year of Death 1984-2008
Estimated PMI Years

Height 5' 4"(64 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found March 31, 2008

Location Found Map
Location New York, New York
County New York County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)40.718518, -74.004737

Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains found buried under a concrete floor in the basement of a Manhattan nightclub. The individual was likely there for some time (years). Associated artifacts place the lower limit for the PMI at 1984.

Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Short brown curly hair

Clothing and Accessories

Multiple coins- pennies dated 1983 and 1984;
A small square purse or make-up bag;
Make-up, including lipstick and mascara;
key
lighter
Near the Body

Clothing
White bra
On the Body

Jewelry
Pair of heart-shaped earrings wrapped in bubblegum wrapper.
On the Body

Attachments

• 750UFNY3_LARGE[1].jpg
    750UFNY3_LARGE[1].jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 750UFNY1_LARGE[1].jpg
    750UFNY1_LARGE[1].jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 750UFNY2_LARGE[1].jpg
    750UFNY2_LARGE[1].jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 750UFNY_LARGE[1].jpg
    750UFNY_LARGE[1].jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 55
it would be nice if they took photos of the other items that she had with her.. like her bag. I have looked for more info on this jane doe but have not really found much. it reminds me so much of the midtown jane doe.. I wonder if the same super that worked this building worked the midtown building? I wonder how many more women are found under concrete in Manhattan.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
All the stats match up, resembles the recon, not sure about the timeline.

I was thinking the same thing.. the only thing that bothers me is the timeline. That is why I wish they had photos of the bag and the make up.. sometimes with the make up you might be able to tell according to the look or case as to when it might be from.. companies are always changing them or adding and discontinuing colors.

Olynthia Ann Harper – The Charley Project

Olynthia Ann Harper
  • olynthia_ann_harper_1.jpg
Harper, circa 1985

• Missing Since 09/20/1985
  • Missing From Syracuse, New York
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 04/27/1960 (59)
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 130 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A denim jacket and tan pants.
Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Harper was last seen in Syracuse, New York on September 20, 1985. She left her two children with an acquaintance in the 700 block of west Onondaga Street at 11:00 p.m. She never returned for them and has never been heard from again.

Harper lived in the 70 block of Caton Drive at the time of her disappearance, and frequented parks on South Avenue. Her case remains unsolved.

I was thinking the same thing.. the only thing that bothers me is the timeline. That is why I wish they had photos of the bag and the make up.. sometimes with the make up you might be able to tell according to the look or case as to when it might be from.. companies are always changing them or adding and discontinuing colors.
And I know I certainly have coins from more than 10 years ag0

750UFNY

The victim's skeletal remains were found buried under a concrete floor in the basement of a Manhattan nightclub at 277 Church Street in Tribeca.

Underground workers found a plastic bag with a skeleton and several large bones. Associated artifacts place the lower limit for the post mortem interval at 1984...

ok.. I just read this over and it says.. the workers found a plastic bag with skeleton AND several Large Bones... were these bones separate from the skeleton.. like extra bones? and if so, did they ever identify what or who the Large bones came from?.. I dont know if I am reading this all wrong.. but seems weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinabluemoon
Back