IMG_3092.PNG
    282.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3093.PNG
    IMG_3093.PNG
    267.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3094.PNG
    IMG_3094.PNG
    267.8 KB · Views: 10
I know!... I wonder how many missing people would match all these UIDs?

Madamax, thank you for posting those cases. It would be also good to look at people who were named on that list, for various reasons - (single people are flogging to NY for work, even from abroad, families not knowing they ended up there, also elderly, other not so wealthy or homeless people estranged from families etc etc)

There was case few month ago where family in Irland found their missing son after around 19 years, he end up at Hart Island. He was NOT john doe. His name was listed and nobody had a clue for so many years. NY is overwhelmed with so many unidentified and unclaimed that I am not really sure they do have time or manpower to look properly to every and each case.

June 6 2020 by Christopher Maag
Lengthy article..
New York’s Invisible Island of the Dead
direct
''Getting to Hart Island has many steps. Clockwise from top left: prisoners and guards enter a restricted dock on City Island; they board a ferry; cross the western Long Island Sound; and travel via bus from the dock to the graves. Photos by Luke Rafferty.''

''Hart Island is a hard place
to get to if you’re alive, but an easy place to get lost if you’re dead. Technically part of the Bronx, it sits on the westernmost edge of Long Island Sound, crowding the entrance to the East River. Between its abandoned prisons slowly sinking into the forest, its spools of razor wire, and the rise at its northern end called “Cemetery Hill,” the island does a terrific job of looking spooky''.

“Sometimes people wind up in city cemetery when they shouldn’t be there at all,” says Amy Koplow, executive director of the Hebrew Free Burial Association, which works to arrange burials for indigent Jews and keep them out of the potter’s field. “They’re not indigent. They’re not unknown. Sometimes they just slip through the system.”

''Melinda Hunt, an artist who has been fascinated with Hart Island since the early 1990s, and went on to publish a book and produce a film about it. In 2011 she founded the Hart Island Project, a charity that helps families around the world search for relatives who went missing in New York, and who may be buried in the potter’s field.''

Hart Island Cemetery, Hart Island, New York

This site is a long list in order of approx age. Now this site does NOT tell you gender but is in order of approx age..

It, however tells you the Date AND Location of where the body came from. This has Unclaimed persons also. You have to scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see 4 pages of Unknown

Guaranteed to suck you up in there for a while.!

these are 1970s and 1980s unidentified from NYC they are not on Namus

they are buried at Hart Island.

Last edited:
https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/DOC-Hart-Island-Burial-Records/c39u-es35

I believe this site Is the official NYC site. This is in a spread form. All the early ones from the 1970s and 1980s are NOT on Namus.

This is how you use it. I hope I have explained it well.

It has date of death approx age and location body came from. They have names and unknown mixed.

Go to the Last Name row and the arrow and the 3 dots on the too. click on the arrow down and on the 3 dots.. it will bring you all the way to the beginning of the spreadsheet. ones that are blank under name are the ones that are Uknown/Unidentifed.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$