GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Her ex gave so many clues that he was the killer! Glad he decided to go on Twitter where I tore him a new one! I feel all creepy now considering I actually got in an arguement with the *sshole the other day! He really screwed up when he replied to someone with the news media that he didn't want to speak with them and share Valerie's case. I am so grateful that arrested him! Great job LE!!!! Also good job to all of us that just knew he killed Valerie. RIP Valerie.
It’s a different ex. This ex’s name is Javier Da Silva if Flushing, Queens

Her ex gave so many clues that he was the killer! Glad he decided to go on Twitter where I tore him a new one! I feel all creepy now considering I actually got in an arguement with the *sshole the other day! He really screwed up when he replied to someone with the news media that he didn't want to speak with them and share Valerie's case. I am so grateful that arrested him! Great job LE!!!! Also good job to all of us that just knew he killed Valerie. RIP Valerie.

News reports are that it's a PREVIOUS boyfriend.
Sources: Man Confesses To Killing Westchester County Woman Found Inside Suitcase In Conn.

So here is my confusion. I thought she broke up with the guy a few days before she went missing? So was this Javier guy the one she broke up with then? Because then there is the other guy claiming to be her boyfriend. So was she dating both at the same time?

Strange case. In all my years I can't remember a case where an individual left voluntarily and took their sheets.

Yeah, missing bed sheets in another case where we still don't know if the young lady took the bed sheets for evidence, or the perp took them cover up evidence.

Also, the Christopher Watts case which we know the sheets were not taken voluntarily by the victim. Never a good sign.

So here is my confusion. I thought she broke up with the guy a few days before she went missing? So was this Javier guy the one she broke up with then? Because then there is the other guy claiming to be her boyfriend. So was she dating both at the same time?

I was confused as well. Thought maybe the guy we'd been aware of was using a different name than his real one. But I just found a tweet from the "original ex" we'd been discussing and it clarifies that the guy arrested was definitely a different person.

But yes, I'm now I'm also wondering if she was dating both at the same time. Or maybe only was dating the guy we knew about for a short time.

A previous boyfriend???? And he killed her in her home? So that would mean there was no way possible the girl on the ATM video was Valerie? Then who was that girl?

Not sure if she was killed in her home. This news report states kidnapping/homicide from her 34 Colonial Place residence. :confused:
De Silva was interviewed at New Rochelle Police Department headquarters where police obtained a full and complete confession regarding the fraudulent ATM bank withdrawals and culminating in the kidnapping/homicide of Valerie Reyes from her 34 Colonial Place residence.
https://talkofthesound.com/2019/02/...victim-from-her-new-rochelle-home-police-say/

I was confused as well. Thought maybe the guy we'd been aware of was using a different name than his real one. But I just found a tweet from the "original ex" we'd been discussing and it clarifies that the guy arrested was definitely a different person.

But yes, I'm now I'm also wondering if she was dating both at the same time. Or maybe only was dating the guy we knew about for a short time.
Is any news outlet showing a picture of the ex that has been arrested? I need to see if is the same guy from Twitter. If it isn't then I am completely confused and need to apologize to the other ex. I guess if there are indeed two ex boyfriends they must have known about eachother? This case is more confusing to me now then when I first heard about it.

Is any news outlet showing a picture of the ex that has been arrested? I need to see if is the same guy from Twitter. If it isn't then I am completely confused and need to apologize to the other ex. I guess if there are indeed two ex boyfriends they must have known about eachother? This case is more confusing to me now then when I first heard about it.
I can't find a photo of the guy arrested. But if you go to the other's twitter account there was a new post just a little while ago that clarifies the two different names.

Guy obviously isn't very bright using her ATM card. I suspected him the whole time. His dialogue on Twitter was very fishy, especially the discrepency between her mother referring to him as an ex, while he was saying he was her BF.

Well I had the WRONG EX pegged as her killer. I'm ready to eat crow now because I can't believe it was a different ex boyfriend. I'm going to stay off social media from now on since that was where I decided to go the direction of the new ex boyfriend not the ex boyfriend we are hearing about today being arrested. I feel like utter crap for being so wrong about this case. RIP Valerie I hope justice is served.

Not sure if she was killed in her home. This news report states kidnapping/homicide from her 34 Colonial Place residence. :confused:
De Silva was interviewed at New Rochelle Police Department headquarters where police obtained a full and complete confession regarding the fraudulent ATM bank withdrawals and culminating in the kidnapping/homicide of Valerie Reyes from her 34 Colonial Place residence.
https://talkofthesound.com/2019/02/...victim-from-her-new-rochelle-home-police-say/

BREAKING: #ValerieReyes homicide - source says she was killed "at her residence" and ex-boyfriend has made admissions to investigators. US Attorney for SDNY will handle the case after body was left in suitcase in #GreenwichCT
Tony Aiello on Twitter

Here is the text of the tweet with the other boyfriend's name redacted:

"########## was not arrested for Valerie Reyes murder. Javier DeSilva was. False information spreads like wild fire on this so just understand when you put something out there PLEASE fact check what’s going on. You can make things so hard for someone based on a misunderstanding."

Ex-boyfriend of the woman whose body was bound in a suitcase is arrested | Daily Mail Online

Police have arrested the ex-boyfriend of the 24-year-old woman whose murdered body was found stuffed in a suitcase on the side of a quiet Connecticut road, with her hands and feet bound.

Cops arrested Javier de Silva, of Queens, on Tuesday, a week after the grisly murder of Valerie Reyes, 24.

On Tuesday Greenwich Police Capt. Robert Berry released a statement saying a suspect 'believed to be involved' in her death has been arrested.

The suspect was later identified as de Silva, who Berry said also fraudulently used Reyes' ATM card.

Reyes had reportedly dumped her boyfriend de Silva a week before she went missing.

De Silva is a Venezuelan citizen and is reportedly in the country illegally as he overstayed his visa, according to CBS.

[...]

The arrest followed the police investigation of multiple crime scenes, reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance footage, and interviews multiple potential witnesses, the Greenwich Police Department said in a press release on Tuesday.

'New Rochelle Police Detectives accompanied by Greenwich Police Detectives, arrested a suspect in New York who had fraudulently used the ATM card of homicide victim Valerie Reyes.

[...]

upload_2019-2-12_18-46-50.jpeg

This Twitter may clarify things.

Danny (@_DannySan) | Twitter

The tweet was then retweeted by this other boyfriend person (not sure that I can reveal his name due to Websleuths TOS), that many of us suspected.

OMG! That IS NOT the person I was talking to on Twitter. Who in the heck is this guy? I guess I was talking to someone with a fake account because this is certainly not the same guy.

Ex-boyfriend of the woman whose body was bound in a suitcase is arrested | Daily Mail Online

Police have arrested the ex-boyfriend of the 24-year-old woman whose murdered body was found stuffed in a suitcase on the side of a quiet Connecticut road, with her hands and feet bound.

Cops arrested Javier de Silva, of Queens, on Tuesday, a week after the grisly murder of Valerie Reyes, 24.

On Tuesday Greenwich Police Capt. Robert Berry released a statement saying a suspect 'believed to be involved' in her death has been arrested.

The suspect was later identified as de Silva, who Berry said also fraudulently used Reyes' ATM card.

Reyes had reportedly dumped her boyfriend de Silva a week before she went missing.

De Silva is a Venezuelan citizen and is reportedly in the country illegally as he overstayed his visa, according to CBS.

[...]

The arrest followed the police investigation of multiple crime scenes, reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance footage, and interviews multiple potential witnesses, the Greenwich Police Department said in a press release on Tuesday.

'New Rochelle Police Detectives accompanied by Greenwich Police Detectives, arrested a suspect in New York who had fraudulently used the ATM card of homicide victim Valerie Reyes.

[...]

View attachment 168817

Daily Mail has wrongly identified the bf that was arrested as the one she just broke up with. SMH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123
Back