NY - Wendy Jerome, 14, raped and killed, Rochester, 22 Nov 1984 *Arrest in 2020*

@dotr - just wondering if you might have found something lately? TIA!
animated-smileys-winter-023.gif
and yes, I have snow here... and VERY cold - 13F!!
animated-smileys-winter-018.gif
too cold for this former California girl!!

Tuesday, March 9th:
*Virtual Motions Hearing (@ am ET) – NY – Wendy Jerome (14) (Nov. 22, 1984, raped & severely beaten to death, found later that night lying in an alcove of Schools 33 & 11 at Webster Ave. a couple of blocks from her home) - *Timothy Lee Williams (20 @ time of crime/56/now 57) arrested & charged (9/9/20), indicted (9/28/20) & arraigned (10/22/20) with 2 counts of 2nd degree murder & intention. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial search/Williams became a suspect after the New York state crime lab uploaded DNA from the crime scene to a database and came up with profiles of relatives.
Trial is set to begin on 6/7/21.

Court info from 9/9/20 thru 9/24/20 reference post #74 here:
NY - Wendy Jerome, 14, raped and killed, Rochester, 22 Nov 1984 *Arrest in 2020*
10/2/20 Update: Assistant District Attorney Julie Hahn argued before Monroe County Supreme Court Judge Daniel Doyle that the names & information of the family members used to identify Williams should not be released to the public. Williams's attorney, Joshua Stubbe, argued that his team has the right to know the information on the family used for DNA identification. He said it is part of Williams’s right to present a defense. Judge Doyle said he will make a decision later Tuesday. Williams is due back in court for a motion argument on Dec. 22, for hearings on March 9, 2021 and for trial on June 7, 2021. Williams plead not guilty. Next virtual hearing on 1/4/21. 1/4/21 Update: Next Motions hearing on 3/9/21.

@dotr - sorry to bother you (again!) :) but was wondering if there might be a next court date hearing yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

@dotr - if you are around - it's been almost 2 weeks since I last bothered you.... :oops: just wondering if there might be an upcoming hearing date yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif.pagespeed.ce.ql2rp-xM7d.gif

@dotr - me again! :) Going thru my March items - and wondering IF there might be a court hearing date before trial in June?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Dang.... thank you for looking @dotr - I'll try again in a few weeks! :)

Okay @dotr - we are now in May - anything updated? Or just trial coming on 6/7?

TIA!

@dotr - hey! Trial coming up next week - anything before that? Or has the trial been cancelled? Tried searching, but just getting old articles to 2020. TIA! :)
Cannot find any updates, sorry Niner, will keep my eyes open, meanwhile..
Cold Case Solved After 36 Years
Liz Jin
Jun 6
''Although the pain will never go away, Wendy’s mother chooses to focus on keeping the memories of her loving daughter alive. This Thanksgiving, she says, will be different because she is one step closer to getting justice for Wendy.

Conclusion
I always wondered who the birthday card was for that Wendy tried to deliver that fateful night. It’s a small detail that I can’t help but dwell on — not so much the identity of the recipient but their destiny. Did they grow up happy and healthy? Did they know that, but for that card, Wendy would never have left the house that night and might be alive today?

At times, life seems cruelly arbitrary in who is set up for and spared from tragedy. Wendy’s innocent act of kindness led to her death, meanwhile, her killer lived free for 36 years. It seems grossly unfair. But then I remember that Wendy’s death also served as an inspiration: to a young girl who vowed to become a prosecutor to fight on behalf of victims like Wendy and to an entire police force who refused to rest until they caught her killer.''

I'll go ahead & post this just in case the trial is starting today...

Monday, June 7th:
*Trial set to begin-MAYBE! (@ am ET) – NY – Wendy Jerome (14) (Nov. 22, 1984, raped & severely beaten to death, found later that night lying in an alcove of Schools 33 & 11 at Webster Ave. a couple of blocks from her home) - *Timothy Lee Williams (20 @ time of crime/56/now 57) arrested & charged (9/9/20), indicted (9/28/20) & arraigned (10/22/20) with 2 counts of 2nd degree murder & intention. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
DNA familial search/Williams became a suspect after the New York state crime lab uploaded DNA from the crime scene to a database and came up with profiles of relatives.
Trial is set to begin on 6/7/21.

Court info from 9/9/20 thru 10/2/20 reference post #86 here:

1/4/21 Update: Next Motions hearing on 3/9/21. 3/9/21 Update: Nothing since 3/9/21. Trial set to begin on 6/7/21, maybe….

@dotr - did the trial begin? I'm - of course - getting very old articles over here...

TIA!
animated-smileys-computer-14.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
What Fresh Hell